Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sad discovery someone Stole my 1932 California Plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Feb 11, 2011.

1. seatex

seatex

Man, that is double fkd up! Hope they put 'em on their car and wreck it. Serve 'em right!:mad:

2. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

ya know, cali might have a law allowing the registry of antique plates on cars of the same year. if so, contact the DMV and tell them of your loss. someone will eventually go down there and try to have them registered on his vehicle. also check ebay and craigslist.

3. I was at Limeworks with a buddy a few yrs ago, and the hospitality was top notch. They showed us all that was going on there. Including a bad to the bone 6 cyl drag race Anglia with a 4 speed that ran in the 60's. It's a damn shame some douche bag has to ruin things

4. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

If you do get the plate numbers post them!!!!!!

I live a few thousand miles away, but any and all swap meets that I attend in this area I will look for the 32 Cali plates with the numbers you post!

The HAMB has a far reach.

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let's not be so fast to believe that "hot-rodders" have gone to hell. I don't have much of a shop compared to most of you, but there is enough interesting stuff that people I know come over to check it out, and I would guess, about 1/2 of the time bring someone with them. Usually a little brother, neighbor kid, or some such. This sounds like a trick a kid would pull, not a grown up. As someone said above, nobody would steal them that was going to use them or try to sell them because of the high possibility that the numbers are recorded somewhere. They're probably under some kid's bed. Bottom line, you can't be too careful; unless you would personally vouch for each and everyone that get's into your shop, better keep everything locked up. In Florida where I am for the winter, they have checked my DL many times when I went to buy beer, and I'm 68!:eek:

I really do feel bad for Steve's loss, but I'm gonna try not to blame "hot-rodders" until there's some proof.

6. Hi Steve ,

Myself and my wife were over in Cali last June before LARS and did a tour of your shop and were impressed at your Hospilality as well as being able to roam freely through the shop , I am sorry to here this has happened as this is not the way you should be treated and eventually we will probably not be able to tour some shops as they will not be able to trust everyone equally which is sad . I have photo's in the shop however not in the showroom , I posted them on my tour thread also as I was so imressed with your setup , best wishes on getting your plates back . If not , hope to be back next year so happy to bring some Aussie plates over to replace the display ............cad

7. RAY With

RAY With

Sad but true fact they walk among us. Many of us have felt the same sick feeling in our gut that our generosity has been violated. As a rule it's not the value amount but rather the fact that our trust has been taken advantage of by a low life thief. I certainly hope you are able to get your plates back and know its a slim chance of doing so due to the fact a thief has no conscience to begin with so the best bet of recovery is the thief's trying to dispose of the goods to another honest rodder. I do feel bad for your loss and wish you the best.

8. Unbelievable and sickening! This completely and totally SUCKS! Man, I'm sorry this happened. Somebody, somewhere has to have photo. Post it up so we can be on the lookout for the douche bag that took them.

9. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Hotrodding in the 40s and 50s was very much built on stealing. Many car owners found their axles, engines, transmissions missing back in the day. Midnight Auto it was called.

Thievin' ain't new.

Ed

10. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

people rarely acquire 'character' as they age. if you're a jerk when you're young, you'll be a jerk when you're old.

11. That's blows. To think somebody would do that really aggravates me.

I'll take this opportunity to say my limeworks gas pedal is the best ever. No slop in it - nice wide tight bushed base. it has a lot of force to actuate dual 4's on top of a blower. Nove of those crapy china or lokar gas pedals would or could do the job.

I said nice wide tight bushed base

12. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

That's just sickening ... and sad to see that a fellow hot rodder would take what wasn't his/hers right out of your shop. To go so far as opening a display case, to do so, is even farther over the top ... even for a thief.

PACO

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Dear Thief,
    For the sake of your good standing amongst your piers, friends and car guy family, Please mail back to Limey Steve his property. Sooner or later you will tell a friend, display or try to sell these unique items. You will be discovered, you will be publicly humiliated, you will be stamped a thief. This could affect your life in negative ways that you simply did not think through. Yes they are shinny, pretty, yes, but they are like the evil ring and can only bring you troubles. You have taken from family. Just send them back, they are not worth the disgrace and humiliation.

14. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Very well said Francisco and if this doesn't get to their Heart then they don't have one....

15. Patdoody

Patdoody

sucks to hear. you know whats they say... "locks were invented to keep honest men honest." hope they come back your way some day.

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Just saw this thread --- Really sorry to hear this, Steve.

I also want to thank you for letting our group of 3 wander through your shop during the GNRS. Great hospitality to fellow honest hot rodders. Thank you!

Malcolm

17. hershambob

hershambob

gutted for you steve,bob

18. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

Sorry to hear that Steve.
    Admiring your collection during a visit was always a pleasure.
    I hope you catch the fool.
    Ken

19. ...or as my Italian friends from Philly say, "If you're born square, you don't die round."

This is really sad, man.

20. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Sorry to hear about your loss (violation). Most of us know the feeling. I would love to catch someone in the "act" just once. But it never seems to happen that way. Hold your head up high and try not to be sucked down to their level. Gary

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  21. Now, Look for those plates on an old car at the shows! There's your thief!!
    They wanted them, so they can use them or sell them.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The thread is old and the new guy dug it up poking through the archives but I can't believe that not one person who has visited that shop before the theft got a photo of that case and the plates to get the number.

White Attack it's something we all have to learn, Check the date of the thread and the last post before you answer it.