Register now to get rid of these ads!

please help! 1955 customline 302 swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroddinkc, Feb 12, 2011.

1. hotroddinkc

hotroddinkc

I see a lot of these with 289-302-351w in them. What is everyone using for motor mounts? Is there a conversion motor mount available? If y'all could help it would be appreciated.

2. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

3. GAL60

GAL60

I used the Gear Head Cruiser Products engine swap kit to put a 351W in my 53' Customline. They have kits for your application, as well as transmission cross members for C-4/C-6. They are a little heavy on the pocket book $$, but are well made. It was a fairly simple installation, but mine having had a flat head cross member it required a rear sump pan and oil filter relocation kit. I dont think you will have to go through that with a 55'. Thank you for keeping a Ford in a Ford!-Jim

4. hotroddinkc

hotroddinkc

I've wanted one of these cars for as long as i can remember, but the one i bought came with an inline 6 and thats not going to cut it. Im wanting to put a 302 with a 5 speed in it.

5. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I know a guy who did one in a '54 which I think is the same as '55.

Used Off the Shelf 351W Stock Motor mounts & it bolts in Direct to the Orignal Frame mounts, Late Mustang Dual Sump Pan & pick up, Moved the Stock Trans cross member & used trans mount for whatever trans you are planing on using.

Its a Very Easy swap without the use of High Dollar kits.

Why does everyone relie on Kits ????

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I am using stock Lincoln Mark VII engine mounts .
    You should come over to the 52 to 56 Ford Group . We have discussed that many times and you can get all the information over in the group and find out all the best places to get the parts you need for the swap .
    Stop on by and see what you think . There is a ton of informations just for your car in our group . We are very helpful for anything you might run into to get your car up and on the road .

Retro Jim

7. GAL60

GAL60

I used a kit because my fab skills are not what they should be. I did'nt have the tools, equipment, or know how, to get myself out of any jams I may have found myself in. I was also in a hurry to get it on the road. -Jim

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

If you send me a pm with your email address I can send you build pics and part numbers and parts sources,you will be able to buy the engine and trans mounts right over the counter at Autozone or O'Reillys for about $75.I also moderate the 1952-56 Ford social group here,you will find some great guys and gals and tons of info to help out.We just learned Hedman has a header that is a EZ fit with zero mods.

j3harleys likes this.
  9. dewayne1956

dewayne1956

I used Anchor motor mounts #2220 & 2221 on mine.worked great and only about $15.00 each.I had Gearheads motor mounts and didn't like them.

10. I'm thinking of putting a 351C I have in a I-6 1955 Customline Tudor. I can keep the Fordomatic or change to a T-85 O/D I have. What parts or adapters do I need? Thanks!

11. Need help on converting my 1953 Ford to a 302. Any ideas on transmissions as well. It has a good three speed I'm it now but I'm not sure that it would work with a 302. Any ideas are appreciated.

12. jefe218

jefe218
    from texas

Hi
    Im new to this how do I get to the 52-56 ford group

13. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

14. smith07

smith07

where can i see this 302 swap info for a 1955 ford customline?

15. smith07

smith07

will long tube headers go in a 55 customline 302 swap? I have a set, they were free, thought I might get them to fit.

17. Just acquired a 55 Fairlane. I need all off the wisdom from you guys!! Link doesn't work :(

18. Eddie Vance

Eddie Vance

I need help. I live in Goodyear Az. Want a 302 for my 55 Crown Victoria. [email protected]

Sgt. John likes this.
  19. Just get a set of 63 galaxie 289 engine mounts. put a hole in the center between the two holes in your 55 frame mounts. bolts right in.

20. [email protected]. Haven’t figured out how to pm

21. Donnie Milner

Donnie Milner

22. Donnie, check date on op your posting on.

23. Donnie Milner

Donnie Milner

Hi Jeff. I'm trying to put a later model 5.0 in a 55 Sunliner. Ran across your post and I too am having a hard time doing anything on the site. Could you send me that list of part numbers and parts sources too? I have the engine sitting in the frame but it seems to be offset to the drivers side a bit using 80's model Mustang mounts. planned on using factory headers, but they hit the steering gear mostly because of the offset. any help would be greatly appreciated... Don Milner [email protected]

24. Leo Parada

Leo Parada

Jeff here is my e mail [email protected] want to install it with C4 transmission. Thank you so much for info.
    Leo Parada