Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Pickers-'47 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dale Fairfax, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Damn... That thing makes my tongue hard.. Always wanted one to go with my coupe..

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Heck man did ya see them pass on the 47 Chevrolet convert?

3. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

I can be there next weekend to pick it up. Where in Washington state are you? Hell, might even be able to get there tomorrow and take it off of your hands. I've been looking for a delivery for some time now.

4. I love that show!!!!! My mom was an antique dealer/collector. I spent alot of my childhood at auctions,shows,and estate sales. We went to MANY houses that looked like those....stuff all over the place. My mom was very shrewd with her bidding.
    It really bugs the shit out of me when a guy says "i'm not ready to sell that!"....WTF! And he's got crap EVERYWHERE!!!! We met lots of people just like that.

YES!!!!! Danielle is a hottie.....Burlesque dancer too!

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

what bothers me is that these people call pickers to come and buy stuff and then they dont want to sell. i was happy to see that Coker bought those signs.

6. wizzard23

wizzard23

The Kansas show was done in ElDorado KS. The guys name is Mike Nail. Ive seen his stuff and it's awesome!

7. b-bob

b-bob

How about when they were down south and in that shop with all the great model A's in the background?? I would have gone crazy in there. And the guy with the 32 roadster, had a good looking 32 sedan body in the background, obviously not car guys. And then they buy a Studebaker? They better stick to signs.

I wonder what people think, when a whole film crew shows up at the door, it's not just the two of them. And then there is the helicopter that takes all those shots from the air. Folks probably think these guys are rich and can afford to pay well for their things. But i do like the show, a lot better than most tv shows.

8. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Yep that's right ...ElDorado , Kansas....the building is on the northeast corner downtown in a building with glass fronts....I made a walk through the ground floor one day...Willys Gasser pickups/ Old Corvette dragcars....alot of stuff...didn't know about the basement and the theatre and never saw the owner talked to a guy there...His business card is yellow and has a 40 willys coupe on it...I've got it someone around here!:D

9. NC Bonez

NC Bonez

Juniors place is 5.3 miles from me. They were invited there by his daughter and spent 8 hours at his house filming. Showing up not invited might be a different story.

10. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

I live about 10 minutes from Jr and he's a good friend of mine. No, he's a nice guy and doesn't bite. But if you push it and bite first well... you're on your own. Yes he is a big man. The 47 is for sale (and very reasonable) unless he has sold it in the last couple weeks. They walked right past the 3 Model-A's too on the show. When the show first came on they said they were freestyling; not a chance. As NC Bonex said, it was pre-arranged.

11. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I start a thread about a TV show and it gets deleted,this one makes it 4 pages and keeps going.

12. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Yeah but your thead was on American Idol:rolleyes:

13. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Sure they aren't car guys. But they have a real passion for what they do, and have fun everyday. Wouldn't we all like a job like that?

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Saw one of those at a show last summer, never knew anything about them until then.

16. BudJ63

BudJ63
    from Florida

These guys are in the business of buying and reselling for profit. They know that they cannot make any money on the A's or other collectable or restorable cars. Look how long they sat on that Stude. They lost their asses on the Ford. No, they are not car guys. Now motorcycles.... That's another story.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

I know when the World will end..................the day after Frank & Mike tie down or put shipping blankets around the stuff they just throw inside the van.

18. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Yes they do have passion for picking. There are several videos of them on YouTube before they were on the History channel. Jr said they get along great and had been friends for years. They are living their dream pickin, seeing the country, meeting tons of new friends and making money at it. Maybe Wolfe is more of a car guy than we know keeping all those secrets for himself. I can't believe I let that gas pump get picked from right here under my nose. I've stood on that porch beside it many times wanting it when it wasn't for sale.

19. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

37Kid, you're signature is me in a nutshell. "Having the project is what makes me happy, finishing it isn't something I think about", shame I didn't think of that. LOL