Register now to get rid of these ads!

sbc 350 Exhaust deceleration blues

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MarkKoch, Nov 6, 2010.

1. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Running a 350,mild cam, shorty headers,2 1/4 pipe with x-pipe,exits at the rear,generic mufflers.I'm new to the SBC 350 and I`m searching for a deep,laud tone,I'm looking for advise on a muffler/glass pack that will Not have a "burble" in between shifts/deceleration.......Mufflers on there now are just to tame.

2. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Ok so I put on a set of cherry bomb turbo`s tonight and its sooooooooo quite,not to happy.

3. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

i am running 2 and 1/2 inch pipes to two cherry bombs, long ones and i have had my smallblock chevy mistaken for a big block. i am also running a big cam. increase your pipe size if you want the sound.

4. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Do you get that burble in between shifts?

5. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Tried a set of 11226 magnaflow mufflers......once again quite....Took fatstax advice and got two cherry bombs :) perfect.At idle sounds great allows the mild cam to be heard and at wot its mean.

6. big creep

big creep

2 inch all the way out! NO MUFFLER with an h pipe!

7. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

for a bit I tried 2 1/4 and an x pipe,no mufflers.At idle it sounded ok,Kinda like a boat which I didn't care for.I hated the deceleration burbles....wich when my wife heard said "it sounds broke" lol......The cherry bombs took care of the way to laud burbles in between shifts and deceleration

8. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Loud and deep? Sounds like you might want Flowmaster 40's or super 40's. They will resonate inside the car and they are loud but what a sound.

9. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

super 44 is what have and they are loud sound rich and deep toned

10. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Yea I read about these and they were going to be my next try.I'm really happy w/ the cherry bombs....I was a little reluctant to try them but am happy I did.I use stainless band style clamps so switching mufflers out is quick and easy with no crushing to any pipe/mufflers

11. brad chevy

brad chevy

Run cherry bombs on Sb 400 had h -pipe on it didn"t sound good at all ,removed H-pipe.Hooker hedders,straight pipes,cherry bombs,straight pipes out back and is just what I was looking for.

12. big creep

big creep

i love the sound of rapping pipes under deceleration!!! LOVE IT! there is a section of sepulveda blvd. that runs under the runways of LAX, and i leave my car in low gear just to get my pipes to rap for about a 1/4 mile! rapping and popping all the way to the freeway! you should see how all the cars behind me just back way off! I love it.

13. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

the large chamber mufflers i find tend to create the empty sound, the burble you are getting, glad my advice paid off. c bombs are tighter and give that sound of power when you need it, and fool the cops if they yank you for noise violations.

14. shocker998md

shocker998md

I just picked up the new cherry bomb glasspacks that are 12 inches total length and the cases are 8 inch long. Headers, 2 1/4 and those are gonna be sweet.

Glad to see the cherry bombs did what ya need

15. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

the bombs are da bomb, the best thing is they are cheap so when they rot off or fall off or blow off, go buy another pair for less than 100 bucks

16. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Get rid of your X-pipe. You really don't need them on most street motors, and you'll improve the sound.

17. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah dude, it really is all about the back rap when you shift or Drag it down in low gear.. That's what cool is. "waaaaahhBAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"