Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sad discovery someone Stole my 1932 California Plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I just discovered that my nice pair of clear 1932 California License plates have been removed from one of my display cases!!! This has really upset me as we only have Fellow Hot Rodders come through LimeWorks , we let people roam around the store as well as in the shop. I have some neat stuff I have on display to share , I know I dig it when I can check out cool stuff. This has now forced me to put locks on the cabinets I thought we could trust people , how dumb was I ?. The stuff I have is not valuable , but I had plans to use those plates & it has really pissed me off. I hope who ever has them reads this or is told of it & 1 feels guilty or 2 sends them back . It's not the value just the principle. As far as I know this is the 1st & I hope the last time something goes missing.

Rant over , onto securing the cabinets.

Attached Files:

2. i hate thieves!

3. Bastards! Still some '32 plates are probably worth what $200-400 depending on condition. Hope they feel guilty and send them back

4. 63Compact

63Compact

Sorry to hear it you do indeed have some great stuff on display.

5. Do you know the numbers on the plates Steve?,,you know how many eyes the Hamb has,,I hope they get returned, HRP

6. big creep

big creep

man this sucks! but sounds like its time for cameras!! i know you hate to do it, but i think its a must now?

7. RichG

RichG

Scuzzbags! I hope they come back to you (the plates, that is).

8. Hey Steve, post the numbers if you know them and the power of the HAMB will catch them!

9. gsp392

gsp392

I would say what should happen to thiefs of anykind, but that would likely upset some of the left leaning memebers out here, like what happened with the scrapper thread.
    If you could, post the license number of the plates and we could be on the look out for them. If they would steal from you, they've probably already stolen from their own mother, so nothing is safe around them.

10. Whats the numbers?----There's a Swap Meet this Sunday at Vets in Long Beach & Im goin.
    www.toppingevents.com

By the way Steve,do you remember fixing my old car?The guy I sold this thing to crashed it bigtime about 10 days after he picked it up back in 06-07.

Attached Files:

11. if you know the plate number report it to the dmv, if you don't have them atleast they cannot use them.

12. barry wny

barry wny

Damn straight! Guilt & fear should quickly take over &they will turn up quick.
    BR 549?

13. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sucks,total BS

14. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

That really sucks.I hope you find them.I talked with you at louisville last year.You are trully a great guy.I can't believe some scumbag would do that to you.Hope you got a pic or know the numbers.

15. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

not the loss, but it would drive me nuts knowing someone that i know did it, but who?or the one that took them looks at them on his wall and actually sleeps at night. sucks.

16. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Post the numbers and we will put them on the do not buy list as well, the guy will only be able to display them in his private toilet. If you took them just mail them back to this guy, with no return address, you will be known as a wank forever and it's not worth being one, seriously, what were you thinking?

17. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shit news! Better ditch that Malpassi before it wanders off...

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Sorry to hear about the situation. Most people are honest but there are always that one little group who has to stir things up. I hope you continue to allow others to see your collection just be sure to install a hidden camera system. By the way, Whittier is my home town. I went to Mulberry, Hillview, and CalHi class of 81.

19. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

20. troylee

troylee

maybe your wife bought you a 32 for you b-day, and put them on there to surprise You. Aaaa cant take my dreams away.

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dam that sucks man..
    I would report it to the police, that way if they ever get put on a car or they register them ..you'll know who to punch in the throat!

22. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Damn Steve- That sucks.
    I always enjoy looking at your cool shit you've collected over the years.
    Sucks there are people out there that feel they can take what doesn't belong to them.
    Here's hoping the plates show up.

23. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

Steve, Jesus man, thats incredible. Its hard to believe that the same person that wants them is also capable of steeling them. I just dont get people.

so sorry man.

24. Steve, I'm sorry for this. You've treated me well and I hate that you have been taken advantage of.

25. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Thanks guys, it is very disappointing , were going to check photos to see if I've got record of the number, not realizing I'd need to ID them I didn't record them, then were in the bottom with the Stewart Warner boxes, out of constant sight , only when I went to get them out today is when I noticed they were gone.

26. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

Steve,

Sorry to hear about this but I have some California plates, I think around 1946 there yours if you want them. I also have some wyoming plates, much cooler if you ask me.

Geoffrey

27. phlip

phlip

I mean... what fucking balls... Imagine walking in on them with their hands in the case! Karmas a bitch.

28. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Gives us the numbers...I will watch the Ventura and Central Coast area for them.

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammit I hate fucking thieves.........I pitty the fool if Steve catches him?

30. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Can't imagine Hot Rod folks doing this to such a nice person and true Hot Rodder as Steve. I guess you just can't trust anybody anymore. Hope you find them man.