Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration AND THE WIENER IS..... Goodguys Yearbook COVER CONTEST Goes to a HAMBer!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Feb 8, 2011.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Congrats John! Killer work as always.

2. Labold

Labold

That Poncho photo has great colors and just has a good look. Sometimes, less is more.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah, it's only drawback was that we did a very similar cover on the Gazette a couple of years ago.

4. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I would publicly like to apolagize to everyone for taking a picture of a cool custom Mustang that the staff at the Good-Guys gazzette picked for there cover.
    I will make it my goal in 2011 to make sure that mother nature doesn't shine under any car I shoot, and to avoid all trailer parks. I know I do this for a living and I do recieve that hefty check from the HAMB committee everytime I take a picture trying to feed my family.
    On a side note .......I will be by your job on Thursday to throw rocks at you while you are cutting the grass.

Haha the above was just a joke I do appreciate constructive criticism, and I posted about fifty HAMB friendly photos that where not chosen. Good-Guys is a amazing car show org. that puts on the best multiple large venue shows bar none, and as sure as I am that they would like to ban anything that wasn't HAMB friendly from the events only about 20 people would show up.
    There is a great big world out there everyone should check it out sometime, but what do I know I am just a vagrant who drives a van

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

......also can't say enough how awesome it was to be even nominated with all great photos that where chosen I wouldn't have wanted the job

6. Conrgats to John Jackson. His work is amazing. That Poncho kicks ass too.

JH

7. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

Good-Guys is a amazing car show org. that puts on the best multiple large venue shows bar none, and as sure as I am that they would like to ban anything that wasn't HAMB friendly from the events only about 20 people would show up.
    There is a great big world out there everyone should check it out sometime, but what do I know I am just a vagrant who drives a van[/QUOTE]

that's it in a nut shell.

8. matt73

matt73
    from va

did you guys notice that not only is Dallas's 32 photo at night but also on sacred ground!! congrats to all

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Congrats John! I'm a big fan of your work.

10. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

I am amazed at the quality of the Goodguys publications. Keep up the good work.

11. Lots of insanely awesome pics. Great talent out there...makes me wanna crawl under a rock and be very silent, haha!!

12. Is there any chance of getting some more of the photo submissions up here for viewing. I'm assuming a few of us would like to view for ideas etc.
    Thanks

J168

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Still looking for the name, city and state for these runners up...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Farmer...

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Got John's info. I just didn't know if he wanted "Farmer" as part of it.

17. Congrats John. That is a great shot! Not to mention the other ones you shot. Well earned.

18. fuelfoto

fuelfoto

Congrats to John and all of the runner ups! Killer shots!
    [​IMG]

19. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

I like them all ! tuff Choice...

20. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl