Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beware..Gearhead Enterprises!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modified, Feb 10, 2011.

1. modified

modified

I recently purchased a chrome brake master cylinder and & 7" booster.
    It was advertised having a 1" bore. The one I received has a 1 1/8" bore.
    Part #MC2911C.
    I called to tell them I received a 1 1/8" and all they want to do is argue
    and say they don't sell anything but 1".
    One look in the supplier's catalog (MBM) show's part #MC2911C as 1 1/8".
    Horrible customer service!

2. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

3. titus

titus

I once bought a "stock" steal 32 gas tank and recieved a 17 gallon "deep" tank, i emailed back and forth with them several times, i basically said, i dont really mind the tank but wanted a stock one, but if they would just send me some $$ back id be fine with that too, they finally sent me some cash, i could have made it cost them allot more but i was trying to make it easy for them and me but it was still a pain!

JEFF

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope you paid by credit card. If you get an arguement, just tell them you'll have to contest the charges and then do it.

5. Probably not much longer. The reason they sell much shit on ebay is because they almost always have "the same" or pretty close to the same item for less than all the other sellers. Ive bought a handful of chrome pieces and what not but no mechanical stuff. Return the master cylinder and buy from another guy. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

6. John Denich

John Denich

Did you measure the M/C? or just go by the part number! Maybe the wrong part number was put on it when it was made in China or India!

7. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

GEARHEAD ENTERPRISES SUCK!.....they also do bussiness under about five other names on e-bay.....basically just look for streetrod vendor in waterloo iowa and they will be associated....i would stay away

8. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

haha...

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

They spammed me through my email?

10. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Ebay thrives on selling cheap shit to the highest bidder.
    If it's not NOS then you can get what you paid for then spend the next few years whining about how you got ripped off.
    Spend the right money first time and stop whining about being ripped off for being a cheap ass..

11. MP4/8

MP4/8

I dealt with that company once LOL It was my first experience with the cheap import vega steering boxes. When I wasnt happy with the product, I emailed them about it. They ignored my first email, but answered the second one when I told them I would file a paypal dispute. I was told to call, and ask for a certain person and he would help me. I called, and the guy that answered wouldnt go get the guy I asked for. Nor could that guy help either. This went on for a couple phone calls. Always the same guy answered, and wouldnt put the other on the phone. Nor could he help me. Nor would he get smeone else on the phone. I emailed them back and told the story of the calls, and gave them my number and told them if it wasnt resolved by the end of the week I was filing a dispute. To my surprise, I had a call in an hour telling me they would send out a call tag and pick my parts up. They did. And instead sending me replacement parts, they credited me back my money, minus shipping. I called them and told them I either wanted good parts, or all my money back. I was told it was against company policy to refund shipping. I told him it was against my policy to pay shipping on parts, just to find out they are crap. And I wasnt about to pay shipping on parts I didnt have. He laughed and hung up on me. I filed a paypal dispute, and lost. I then filed a dispute with the credit card co I funded the paypal purchase with... And won. Now I stay away from all the rod shops on ebay that are based in Iowa. I also stay away from those import vega boxes :)

12. carmak

carmak

Please be carefull. There are some fine supliers in Iowa such as Chassis Engineering in West Branch Iowa that sell good parts (many made in their shop) and have a fine reputation.

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

13. 5window

5window

Right. I have always had good luck and good service from Yogi's.

14. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

x2 for Yogi's. Great group of people. They are usually setup next to us at Back to the '50s

15. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

XXX3 for Yogi's.

16. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

I live 10 minutes from these guys and have used them. They run out of an old creamery building in Hudson, IA. I've gotten brake parts, '32 grill, Lokar shifter.......most are cheap and needed lots of mods to make work. Really wanted to keep my money local though. But definitely would NOT but buy everything there. I just wish I could remember the guy's name from there that is always helpful.
    In a nut shell-I get to see what I'm buying first. And oh yeah-don't slam us because of a couple rotten fuck eggs. Lots of them out there, can't dis the whole state.

17. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

And besides-I've already got my company name picked out for when I start my store here in a couple years and I sure as hell won't be selling CHEAP shit!

18. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Yogi's has always been good to me---bought a wiring harness from them sometime back and it was just as advertised with a good price. I was converting from carb to f.i. and the girl on the order desk answered all my ???? right.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  19. 5window

5window

Gearhead.s got a two page ad in this month's StreetRodder.