Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Pickers-'47 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dale Fairfax, Feb 10, 2011.

1. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I bet ole Frank & Mike go back & clean house off camera.
    They leave to much kool stuff behind.

2. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

What size wheels are those? Looking for thet style wheel 6 lug, but 6 or 7 inch wide. Appalance Astro I think they are called. Would not mind having the panel either. just a long way from Phoenix

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

they are currently headed for arizona and are in the hunt for old cars. they have been asking for tips on facebook for the past week. they must have customers looking....

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i will ask mike and get the details ;)

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

6. Dyce

Dyce

What about the 47 Chevy convertable in the basement of the factory they passed on? They just don't know cars.

7. sabtaj1

sabtaj1
    from Iowa

Ya, the crazy Kansas show. I think that guy must own the whole town. LOL. I live about 10 minutes from their place in Leclair. Danielle is super cool, met her at a friends wedding. I am addicted to that show. I did like that fact that if they got a really good deal on somthing and sold it for way more than they expected that they gave some of the money back to the seller. Like the freak show banners episode. Great guys.

8. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

and those cars where probably burned with the building. someone shouldve emailed the FD in that town

9. fbama73

fbama73

She's 1/3 of the operation, but at least 2/3 of the brains.

The guy I bought my Fiesta caps from said they'd been to his place a few weeks before and bought a bunch of bicycle stuff. Been watching for it on episodes. The guy is in Elwood IN and has a sweet 37 Chevy, 51 Chevy and a 68 Impala convertible

10. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Shit, if your giving it away.....

11. Dirk35

Dirk35

I like watching it (same with the Pawn shop show, same with American Choppers), just to see the cool old stuff or the work being done. I dont really pay attention to the drama, issues or other stuff like that and as for American Chopper, I really just flick it on during commercials of another show since it is based on drama, but I cannot pass up someone welding on a bike vs the other crap on regular channels.

Far as the pickers show (and the Pawn Shop Show for that matter), you have to remember that they are in it to make a living, not be a charity. They have their niche and it really isnt cars, its junk they buy cheap, and flip for a profit so they can operate their store and make their own living how they chose. Sometimes they get a vehicle, but it isnt their primary focus.

12. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Yeah, I've seen those hand crank sirens go for alot more than that at fall Hershey. They don't seem to be mechanically inclined and don't know much about cars. Still they are entertaining and I love digging through barns of junk. A bunch of us get together mondays at the shop, drink beer, watch that and Pawn stars .
    They do seem to leave alot behind but then I think they buy much more than what is shown on the program. They each have a website...

13. 46mercury

46mercury
    from livonia MI

I loved the episode where they found the "Hudson Hornet" which was not a Hornet at all. All that show has done around here is jacked up the price of everything. Why sell reasonable when you can just wait for a TV show to come around and buy everything for big bucks?

I also like "Repo". I enjoy watching them throw chains around when they "tow" cars. Hilarious.

14. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

nah you need to watch the clowns from Lizard Lick on their show. now thats HYSTERICAL!

15. I agree. I guess they only show half of what they get...The show is only an hour long. Some of their "valued at" prices are a bit off. The episode where the old grey beard has acres and acres of bikes. Mike pulled out an old harley VL frontend...And the end of the show it said valued at $500...I don't think so. Those old harley VL springers go for 1500-2000k easy.

16. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

I did not think they were a real business group - Just a TV show

17. Mojo

Mojo

Some things, I really wonder about. They bought a 39 Dodge coupe (I think) that was super solid and all there, for $6k. I was watching, and just thinking that they're crazy to pay that much for that car, when they low-ball everything else so much. I don't think they know their cars, which is understandable. It's every bit the challenge as knowing your antique bikes or postcards, or any of the other things they seem to know so much about.

18. the-rodster

the-rodster

I'll be there for the spring race, PM me the address :)

I spend money there every year, at the Mouse's Ear.

Rich

19. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Wonder if the IRS is keeping tabs?? lol

20. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

That's what I see as a problem for the two clowns in years to come,all the cash deals they do,bet the IRS are watching and making notes.

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Its a great show. Sure they don't know much if anything about cars, but just to get to dig around in other people's treasure troves is fun to watch.

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks goodness for "smart phones/iPhone", you can get an "estimate" price via ePay in less than 30 seconds in the middle of flippin' nowhere. I have done that alot within the last couple of years. I used to have to call a buddy with a computer and say "Look this up real quick and call me back". I even do that @ garage sales and estate sales.

I DVR the pickers show and watch it when I get time.......as for the "Pawn" show.....those guys are are like watching an "infomercial", 2/3rds of the people that don't sell there stuff have it on ePay within' 24' hours.

23. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

2 things i wanna know, do they ever go back to clean house, and who carries all the loot?

24. I think, in situations like the fellow in Tennessee, they have been told that the cars are not for sale! The flyers they hand to the guys they are buying from say that they buy old cars. I really liked the bullet-nosed Studebaker they bought. (One of my favorite body styles!) The guys that bother me are the ones that just can't seem to sell anything! (True hoarders!)

25. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

You guys really need to get out in the garage more...........

26. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Brigrat,
    See, now there are people interested in your Chevy Delivery. Shouldn't be a doubting Thomas.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  27. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

As for American Pickers, has anyone noticed that the people Mike and Frank.O.American deal with are Senior Citizens? 10 to 1, when they leave this earth their family or whomever will throw all of those items that were saved through the years into the trash because to them it's junk. Mikey himself said in a recent episode that it is getting harder and harder to find old things. They should start checking out the local landfill.

28. oldskool.

oldskool.
    from florida

Hi Bigrat,
    Please PM me about the details if you nolonger want it. Oldskool

29. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

that goofy "KFC" pin he picked up on the last show for 20.00 30.00 is up to over 500.00 as we speak.

30. I think the "mole man" was a little bit out there, who freaking digs tunnels all over their property ???