Register now to get rid of these ads!

" Jeff Beck still rocks — and rolls in his hot rods"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Surfrider, Feb 8, 2011.

1. nolly

nolly

He probably had the amps up to 11,as his screen double,Nigel Tufnel,did in 'This is Spinal Tap'!!!:p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7rWiY5obI

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
    Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
    Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
    Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
    Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
    Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
    Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. noboD

noboD

Am I the only one that never heard of Pandora radio before? I just heard about it recently and can listen to Jeff Beck ALL day long for free.

3. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

4. Here in Houston Beck and Stevei Ray Vaughn had a concert in the old collisium in the late '70's or early'80's, both played their sets and then both bands played together!! Two premier guitarest on stage at the same time. HEAVEN!!!!!

5. airnwater

airnwater

6. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

7. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Hot Rod Guitar indeed , Live at Ronnie Scotts is AMAZING , true Hot Rodder & English too :)

8. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

Is Barry McGuire a little weird or what?

9. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great video, Hemi32! I learned stuff about Beck that I never knew. He is truly a "car guy" in my mind, now. I knew he liked them and owned them. I just didn't know he actually built some of them, too.

I did 250 miles today and listened to "Beck-Ola" and "Rough and Ready". You guys got me fired up about Jeff again.

Thanks.

10. onedge

onedge

For sure! thanks man huge fan.

11. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I am a big fan also. I sold him my yellow 3 window at the NSRA Nats in Memphis in 1971. He still has the car and chopped it. I saw him again at the 75 Deuce anniversary at the Petersen. He is a true artist on the Guitar and a super nice guy.

12. M.Edell

M.Edell

I think I seen him walking around at the GNRS this year...

13. noboD

noboD

14. 4406

from Oklahoma

Jeff Beck is awesome, and has played with Terry Bozzio, Vinney Colaiuta two of the best drummers around.

15. Becuase she was on tour with Herbie Hancock @ the Toronto Jazz Festival on June 26th, 2010.

(see http://www.talwilkenfeld.com)

16. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Out of all the great rockers still living, I'm surprised more aren't traditional fans of Hot Rodding. Stratocasters, Telecasters etc.. From the 50's and 60's are rock rods in themselves.....or am I overlooking many that are?

17. Special Ed

Special Ed

Jeff Beck is playing the Fox Theater in Pomona this April, if anybody wants to see him live...:)

18. Smooth Customs

Smooth Customs

We were there at the same time and spoke to him inside.
    Had a look at your coupe as well, very nice.

19. MY GOD!!!

I finally got around to looking at that bunch of videos...it's like an electric shock to this ol (59) man's heart!!!!

He must have his amp turned up to 11, like Nigel T, to get that much sound without a pick, and fingers like stone too.

Past hot rod guitar, I think this is TOP FUEL GUITAR...whew.....

www.highspeedmotorsports.com

20. slammed

slammed

Hey, he's in Dallas the same week-end as RoundUp! Think he'll lurk?

21. Still got my copy of Street Rodder, from the mid 70's with his yellow coupe on the cover. Me and my buddy Jeff where heavily influenced by those magazines and his music. Thank God I had an older brother whom turned me onto good music when i was young. Been listening to him since I was 11 or 12?? Still have all the vinyl. Like so many others, I have worn out my cassette tape of Guitar Shop. Love that song "Big Block" Guess its time to download some tunes into my i-pod.;)
    JT
    Orlando Misfires C.C.

22. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

This is cool.Beck is pure legend w/class! Got all his vinyl,and most on digital.Live@Ronnie Scotts DVD is a must.
    He was tearing it up when today's so-called guitar gods were in DIAPERS!!! And that's fact!
    He just get's better and more inventive with age.Keep it up Jeff.

23. sled

sled

Saw him last december at the Metropolitan theatre in DF (Mexico City) and literally blew me away..and for probably the first time in my life it looked like he play for short time...but he did'nt...i was simply amazed that time just disappear..amazing ,to say the least and always had a huge respect for him as a hot rodder too...a legend!