Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Hambers attending any car shows in Maine this year??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomRocket88, Jan 31, 2011.

1. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Hello,

Just curious if any HAMBERS are attending any car shows in Maine this Spring and Summer?

2. Marcia

Marcia

Wow, it's quiet in Maine. Maybe everyone is out shoveling snow.

Hebron pines is a great weekend car show in August. Rumford in the fall. Winterport drag strip in between.
    I'm going to Nats East in York Pa. Other than that, I haven't made too many plans.
    I'm up by Ellsworth.

3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The Limestone speed runs are a good take I have heard.

4. Marcia

Marcia

Any of the landspeed events are a car show by them selves. Lots of cool race cars and hot rods.

5. LLWillysfan

LLWillysfan
    from Maine

Car shows in Maine?? Is it possible that the snow will actually melt. Will the rain finally wash the salt from the roads? Will the day really come when we can roll down the windows or drop the top?

As Mainers prepare for another 18" snow storm, it might sound like a strange question but those of us who live here get it. Nothin like a frigid winter to make someone appreciate those warm summer afternoons at a car show.

Yea, I'll hit as many as I can. Summer in Maine is short so you gotta make the best of it. You guys know what I'm talkin about.

6. 55chevr

55chevr

I recommend LTA meet in July at Loring AFB .... It is a car show by itself and no trailer queens ... street roadsters that go over 200 mph ...

7. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

this one got shipped off to maine not too long ago maybe it will pop up at an event

Attached Files:

8. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Ive been told I must attend winterport this summer!

9. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The spring ice breaker in Acton is around the first of May!

10. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

LTA/Loring meet is on my priority list for this year.

Ed

11. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Are their motels in the Loring area?

12. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

I have reservations at the Caribou Inn for the Loring event. Stayed there the first year. Nice place. Last year I stayed at the Budget Traveler in Presque Isle. It was less money, but was about ten miles further away that caribou.

Make reservations soon. They all fill up fast.

The racing is really good and walking thru the pits is a pretty cool car show, too.

13. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I'm going to Hebron Pines actually, any notable/popular show in Maine I plan on attending.

14. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

This is in Maine? Whereabouts?

15. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I sure do. It's tough enough as it is, building a kustom in your back yard, with no garage to do a nice paint job that you really want and you have to wait until it's low humidity...ROFL...you know that low humidity that is always kicking around in Maine........

16. Marcia

Marcia

Loring is way up north in Maine. Check out the LTA web site. I have a room at the Caribou Inn also. It is a must do.
    I will be at Hebron if it doesn't interfer with Bonneville.
    The Owls head transportation museum has some great shows, too.
    There are so many shows and cruise ins, you could go to 2 or 3 every weekend.

17. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Wow that's awesome! Well, hope to see you at Hebron if it all works out. Just happy this year I don't have to worry about getting into the event - I will be bringing the '63 Chevy instead of the original plan of bringing the Delta 88! It's old enough to get in no worries :D

18. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Just got a flyer on the Sanford Dragstrip Reunion [no racing] 6-18-11 8 AM till you can't talk anymore. Sanford Airport Rt 109 Sanford.

On my possible list right now. Hope I can get caught up on the life stuff in the meantime so I can bump it up to probable.

Ed

19. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Ill be in New Hampshire - does that count?
    Granite States Nationals in Auguist in E Sandwich

20. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

All things be'n = I'll be @ "Hebron Pines"...Hey Marcia.. whaz up? Ain't heard frm ya lately..
    Enclosed vid frm last yr s " Pines" event.. I believe this year its Aug 20-21
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-p15EWs4N4

21. Marcia

Marcia

Hi Slim, I'm still here.
    The coupe should be on the road for the Nationals in York. Hope your feeling well. It looks like you hadgood weather for Hebron. We always have a great time there.

22. Deano

Deano

Rod and Custom Cruisers week end June 24 -26 2011
    at Fryeburg Fairgrounds. Good run, best facilities I have seen in Maine, I've been to a lot of rod runs in Maine since the early 80's, Also hard to beat Down East Streetrods and Winterport Dragway/Gassaguys

23. rattlesnakedaddy

rattlesnakedaddy

Cool info. I need to try to get out to one or two of these. I've always dug hot rods. but had one of my own. Still looking for a project.

24. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

There is a Fall Foliage Run in central Maine October-?? Two day deal. Thats alwaz a pretty good event... If I can be of any help to anyone I'm usally around...just holla, but not to loud......
    Hey Marcia.. I'm hang'n in there... you?

25. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Yeah I'd say that counts. When in August does it take place? I'll try to make it down there (I'm predicting a '49 through '54 Chevy running within the next couple months, still looking) but will try to make it down there. A lot of kustom stuff and/or rod stuff?

26. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I will be there at that show!! Hope to see you there. Dunno what I'll be rolling in yet but gonna find out in a couple months at most, whatever turns up! LOL

27. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

@Deano, I think the cruisers rod run at the fairgrounds is June 23rd to June 26th though, but you could be correct. Where did you find the info again?

28. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

the gassah guys meets at winterport dragway are always awesome ..... there is 5 events this year ..... hotels and motels around loring AFB ... if you have your pass port you can stay in Grand Falls , NB (canada) there is 4 or 5 of them over there . also in madawaska , me there are a few ... i used to live in Presque Isle, ME so i know the area . if you need some info let me know (bar's, food, strippers lol) if you are in Grand Falls get a beer called alpine . it great