Register now to get rid of these ads!

swapmeet courtisy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olds vroom, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Crestliner

Crestliner

Probably would have seen them, if you hadn't been standing in the ailse talking.

2. Prolly right Max....wasn't it YOU I was talking to...? hahaha!

3. HMMMMM. I never seem to experience those problems on EBAY. Ha, I said it. LMAO.:D. Nobody bullshitting in front of me, no EMPTY wagons with screeching wheels to trip over........:p
    But I still attend all swap meets around here

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  4. That's great if you're young but at my age with that kind of intake the gift sometimes is the kind that keeps on giving, if you get my drift. I think the air horn is a safer bet although not as suttle.:eek:

5. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I go to Hershey, Carlisle and others, I don't think they are that bad ?
    You got knuckleheads everywhere so you have to get in the right frame of mind.
    I always go alone, don't need 2 or 3 buddies who are always stopping to look at shit that I ain't interested in.
    Avoid the busy days.
    Get there early
    Find a place to sit and take a break every hour or so to take in the sites and watch all the folks dragging shit around that they will probably never use, including me.
    I bought a bumper, heavy bastard, last year at Hershey at the very West end, of course my truck was parked at the very East end. No problem I have all day to get it to the truck, I would walk a bit then rest, walk then rest.
    I'll bet you 6 different people offered to take it to my truck for me. I told them thank you, much appreciated but I have the rest of my life to get it there, I'm in no hurry and the exercise is good for me.

I don't think courtesy is dead, saw lots of it that day.
    It's all in your mind.

6. LOL. I did that with a scattershield. Not as heavy, that's for sure. But, being greasy, I had to hold it away from me instead of letting it rest against my leg. It was a long walk. But, the older I get, the more I appreciate the exercise.

7. Slow55

Slow55

There is no swap meet on earth where the items being sold out-weigh the bullshit being tossed. Wear your waders and don't let it bother you. Life is short to worry about swap meet etiquette or lack of...

8. millersgarage

millersgarage

well said sir

I normally have no problems moving thru crowds, even with a clean beard :D

I got it....:rolleyes:

9. banditomerc

banditomerc

How tall are you?LOL.Don't get your panties in a bunch!out here in Cali,everyone is laid back,and goes with the flow......sometimes:D

10. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I am the a hole with the radio flyer behind me, next time you are wandering with something heavy give me a shout.:D

11. I remember buying a pair of truck doors when I was a younger lad, I figure one door frame draped over each shoulder would do it. Now with a bad back several years later I do take a wagon with me when I'm shopping for something heavy. It's a pain in the ass and noisy but sure worth being able to carry the parts.

12. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I dont get to go to many swap meets. But i hate most people, i find most are rude and inconsiderate and agree with most of you. When i catch myself doing something inconsiderate, i feel like an asshole. I sell shit at the big swap in my area. The thing i hate most is the people that when you offer them a really good deal on something and they offer you a dollor less. WTF.

13. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I almost forgot the swap meet workers, that drive around in thier golf carts telling people what to do. This asshole flys around a corner looking behind himself narrowly missing this ten year old i was riding bikes with, yells at us to get off our bikes. I said some very rude and inconsiderete things at that guy. But i didnt feel bad.

14. At Pomona the jerkoffs only tell us older guys what to do. They're scared shitless of the younger, tougher looking guys, and let them do everything they tell us not to do.

15. My biggest complaint about swapmeets is there isn't enough of them in my neck of the woods! Maybe i'm just not hearing about them? Is there a "swapmeet hotline"? If you can let me know of any coming up in this area, please let me know! I have lots of stuff I want to sell (tube sox, sun glasses and knockoff Rolex watches!) just kidding... seriously though, got some car stuff I need to thin out!

16. If you know where they are held in your area (State Fairgrounds, County Fair grounds, Expo Center, etc), you can look the facility (fairgrounds, etc) up on the internet, and their yearly events calender will be posted, on their web site.

17. duke182

duke182

lol! thats not what we hear on the news!:D

18. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Had a couple of those Bozos-in-a-cart at a meet a few years ago, potbellies, club shirts and little hats that said "OFFICIAL"- they stopped and very loudly told a couple gals that they had to stop selling their homemade peanut butter cookies or they would have to leave, as they were competing with the club's snack bar. Turns out the gals represented a fairly well-known org that supports adolescent cancer research, and had a large display of donated car parts they were selling, and had a big sign, their pamphlets, website, etc. prominently displayed- and one of the gals had made a big boxfull of cookies to sell for $1 each as donations. As they had been selling for several hours and quite a few folks knew the story, the big-ego "officials" berating them quickly drew a crowd of about 50 experienced cookie-munchers- one of whom, a rather large individual, handed the gals a $100 bill, picked up the box with the remaining cookies, and challenged the "officials" to take them away from him :(:( The crowd also let the "officials" know that if the girls had to leave, they would pack up their spaces and leave, and not come back. The crowd then parted a bit in front of the cart, and a hasty retreat was beat.
    Best part was when they headed for the club snack bar for some indignation and sympathy, not knowing that the 'ol gals manning the counter knew the cookie gals, and had witnessed the whole scene- the very vigorous ass-chewing they then got, and applause from the "common folk" watching, was way worse than what they got at the cookie gals space :D

19. duke182

duke182

lmao! sometimes things work out the way they should.

20. olds vroom

olds vroom

i wish i had been there to see that