Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1933 - 1936 Willys, picture thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by WillysRule, Dec 5, 2010.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Weasel,
    My god, i'm in love:D:D
    Gasser Girl

2. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Wow! That is all, just WOW!

3. jn

jn
    from sweden

thanks for the insiration pics! just as i like them! :D the 2 cars i buy for spare parts are going to be a delivery (look a like) just hoping to be 100 years old now. ;)

4. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

That is BEAUTIFUL....!

5. Weasel...
    Fabulous car...what do you have for the drive train? Any shots of the interior?
    G-willys

6. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Weasel, That's sweet!!!!! I just really dig the sedans.

7. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

That 33 sedan Gasser is awesome. Maybe someday I'll be able to build one. Until then I'm plenty happy with my 41 sedan.

8. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

Here is a picture of the rear of my 36 sedan for the taillights, The tail light on the right has a heavy coat of dust on it.Hope that this helps.

Attached Files:

9. SSAZA25

Let's see some more pictures of this '36...the body looks very straight!

G-willys

10. jn

jn
    from sweden

thanks for the pics. more pictures will come on my sedan. i will guess it is about 95-97% free from rust. the only rust there is, is in the running boards (spelling?) and about 1-2 hour welding in the inner fenders (note the bad english, hope you understand?)

11. jn

jn
    from sweden

if you mean my car its a 36 sedan ;) i think they are nicer than the earlier but thats my opinion. :)

12. jn

jn
    from sweden

a couple of days ago some friends of me and i decided to do a usa-trip. we are going on spring 2012. i realy want to have some willys-projects to look at when we are there. we are starting at the east coast (new york) for some shopping and just having fun in about a week. then our plan is to buy or hire a car and go across usa to the west coast for some hotrod events and shops. if any one want some visitors from sweden for a day or a couple of days just email me. we are realy good people and dont mess around =) haha.

i realy want to go to a salt lake and look at some serious racing.

13. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

The sedan is all stock. I have not driven it in a while.

Attached Files:

14. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

How about some more vintage 33's...

BST1-CC-3-70.jpg BST2-CC-3-70.jpg

BST-HiPerfCars-11-72.jpg BST-JL.jpg

15. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

This car is currently owned by HAMBer ltownrodder. Beautiful car.

Wynns1-HiPerfCars-10-71.jpg Wynns2-HiPerfCars-10-71.jpg Wynns3-HiPerfCars-10-71.jpg

16. choke

choke

I remember the summer of 1975 at Plesanton swap meet. The Blood Sweat & Tears Willys was for sale less motor for $2500.00. We ended up buying the Buswacker 68 Dart AA/GS car turn key at the same swap meet for $2500.00!!! I love the old days when stuff was cheap!!!

17. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Ain't that the truth. I'll go back through some of my old magainzes from the 80's, and stuff was still pretty reasonable then. Even up to the mid 90's, but then, everything started skyrocketing. I wish I could go back to the 80's and buy a few of these things and store them. (lol) Maybe one day I'll scratch enough together to finish mine.

18. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

I seen the Blood,Sweat and Tears coupe setting at Lopers sp. In Phoenix Az.around 1968 [When he was on 3rd street], That was when I wanted a Willys coupe. The car came up for sale in the Phoenix Paper. He was asking $3000 for the complete car.Only if I had the money back then.

19. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

In 1975 $2500 was the price of a new car.

"I wish I could go back to the 80's and buy a few of these things and store them. (lol)"

You realize in 20 years rodders are probably going to be saying the same thing about the 2010s. Prices were cheap

20. Frenchtown Flyer...tell us about the drive train in this car!
    G-willys

Attached Files:

21. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

A wheelie poppin' Willys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Another wheelie!!!! Riding the bumper!

Attached Files:

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy i love that Coonrod car. Looks great going down the track.
    Gasser Girl

24. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Thanks a million for those Coonrod pics Kev. Those really made my day!
    Mark

25. Hevi Hemi !

Attached Files:

26. Beep Beep !!!

Attached Files:

27. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Nice pic of the Hevi Hemi car, and Dave's (willysfan) Little Road Runner is a way cool survivor.

28. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I have been a fan of the Ford big six since I started racing one in a '65 Falcon Sprint in 1973. So when it came time for me to build my dream Willys in 1980 I chose to use one of my 300 inline sixes. Curiously enough when I acquired the steel body with a one-piece Kelison front end it had three circular holes in the drivers side of the hood which indicated that the car had at one time been raced with an inline six - probably a GM engine. I built a rectangular tube frame - 2x4 in the drivers area with 2x3 stub ends on each end for impact crush zones. The short block was a used bracket engine I had built with 12:1 Chevy V8 pistons and a steel crank. The head was ported and uses Crane roller rocker arms. I use Ford EFI cast iron dual exhaust manifolds teed together downstream with a cutout under the passenger seat. Two Autolite carbs on an Offy 2 x 4 intake feed the motor. I set the engine back 10% per period NHRA rules which meant moving the firewall back th the A-pillars. Since I have owned it I have had the engine apart to mill some off the domes so I could drive it on the street. The CR is probably around 10.5:1 now. Still too high for optimum street performance.

[​IMG]

The rest of the drive train train consists of a 2500 stall 351 CJ converter (bolts right up), a C6 trans with a shift kit and a 9" rear end I narrowed. It houses a 3.50 gear around a 4-pinion Traction Loc unit. Shortened and re-splined axles are used. The tubbed body is capable of holding 11 x 31.5 drag slicks. The vehicle weighs around 2350 lbs.

[​IMG]

My wife and I enjoy taking the car to the Woodward cruise and other events. We attend the Thompson race every year and run it at a couple of other nostalgia events from time to time. If I drive it in off the street and on to the track it will run mid-13s, withe a best of 13.44.

Thanks for asking,
    6re6

29. Frenchtown Flyer
    I knew you had an unusual drive train...thanks a ton for showing it. I saw you one of those years at Thompson, but you always had the hood closed. I knew when I heard it run that the drive train was not the traditional set up in a Willys. Very neat car. After many, many years with 37-41 cars, I am building a '36 sedan. It's a fun challenge.
    G-willys