Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lake Havasu City, AZ Rockabilly Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blown Mopar, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

Cool

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      403.8 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      315.4 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      384.7 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      427.9 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      336 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      261.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

Posted pics earlier. There were about 300/350 cars. About 80-90 Rat/trad whatever. I didn't get very many pics. Was pressed for time. There were about 5 of those 35/7 pickups chopped and channeled. Talk about done to death. Proly start making them out of glass so trads can be like chainers and everybody can have one.

3. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

What the fuck is that thing in the middle?

4. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

Lazer5000 Low isn't? What it is I don't know. Some kind of japanese pick up. Been chopped up a lot. He drives it, it's parked on MacCough Blvd a lot of days. Can't run a hood because the wheels stick up to far in the engine bay when the air is out.

5. Glen

Glen

which picture are you talking about? :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  6. skwurl

skwurl

7. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

Very Cool. You shoulda' been there

8. jerry

jerry

Middle of the top row Glen.

Bare metal pos.

jerry

9. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

350 cars, not much time, and you only managed to take pics of the largest piles-o-crap and a couple of asses on the premises... :rolleyes:
    Let's just hope you do better next time... ;)

10. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

Well big block you are absolutly right. I hope to be able to stay longer and take better pics next year. It was a good turnout, I just zipped thru and hoped to give the rat/trads a flavor for the meet. But I don't think that 30/1 Ford sedan with the 348/409 with crossram manifold is a pos. I've never seen one before. It was done pretty right and I guess my picture taking didn't do it justice. I've got an excuse, today is my wife's 65th b'day and I was running pretty hard to get things done for a party I'm giving her today. I'll try to do better next year. It was pretty neat and the girls were pretty as well.

11. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

That thing was an old Datsun Pickup, been chopped sectioned and bagged to the most extreme of all of the above. It was a good show. Just look at it this way...at least he didnt cut anything up of value. I cant say i liked it but i had to appreciate his work, it wasnt really hack as the usual ratrod thing...

12. nitroushog

nitroushog

Gotta say I was there again today and I was really disappointed. Nothing like the last show I went to in Sacramento(midnight mass)

13. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Wow....2 outa 6 of a crapsun mini truck and u put it here ??????? Funny or stupid, what a shame.

14. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

ive seen that datsun alot. such as when they parked it under a huge lifted truck. but whatever, what the hell was the guy thinking that put a chrysler 300c grille on his 40's truck! wtf! anybody else see that? any ways i had a awesome weekend, afterpartys and all!

15. Kerry67

Kerry67

I missed the show......Was it worth going to ?

16. shainerman

shainerman

I cant take my eyes off that Datsun. Ive seen it sooooo much. Its a hell of a creation. I would say I hate it, but damn, hes been on the job with it and its kinda impressive!!!

17. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

it was a ok show i rode out there on my bike and my buddy drove his 54 hardtop out there. good weather but dont know whats up with some of the cars they let in.bunch of street rods and mini trucks and that damn diesal hot rod if i go again its because i like the ride out there plus get to see my friends out there.only traditional cars that were really there were from my friends club the lucky.few.cc.
    btw my buddys rpu is for sale:)

Attached Files:

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

That is what I thought. They should change the name. If they are going to call it what they call it, then make it that kind of show and not let any Street Rod or Mini Truck in. That would have ruined it for me. If they just want to have a car show and let anything it, that is cool just don't mis-lead everyone into thinking that it is something other than what it is. Still could have been a good time though.......

19. hy
    I am now at home in austria.
    the weekend on lake havasu was greast.

some picutres

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

on saturday night I had some problems. I don´t have my passport with me and I can´t go inside the party. Went back to the motel and later with new friends to the party. Later the party was perfect.

To "Cashed out" - perfect. When you close your eyes, you think johnny cash play real on stage.

great meeting / Party

Daddyohs / Andy

20. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Anyone coming this year?

21. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I think the first two years they let all the local cars in because they were trying to build this event. I knew my Studebaker wasn't the kind of car they wanted and I don't fit into the Rockabilly mold either, although my name is Bill, but I still enjoyed looking at some different rides for a change and there were some cool ones there. The photos I took at the event are posted here .....

22. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

I'm planning on going in the Buick. But I also planned on not going bald. We'll see how it goes.
    Last year we sat on the edge of the lake watched the boats going by, listened to the band, had lunch and watched the pinup contest. Perfect weather.
    Last years pinup contest was huge about 25 gals from what I remember.
    Vintage gassers last year in the car show from what I remember. Cool Car Award Trophys last year also.

23. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

And is anyone going 2011 like next week?

24. SUCIO

SUCIO

Ill be heading out there Fri-Sun. Im doubting that I will have the 53 on the road by then though. Too busy with the new job to work on her. I went to last years show and it was a good time. Plus the pyrotechniques convention at night was amazing.

25. tikistan

tikistan

I am on the fence about going. It would be nice to cruise the desert highway and catch some sun. So who knows!

26. deto

deto

make sure your hair is really big. Thats the most important thing. We all know hot rodding is actually just a small spin off of Rockabilly music. You guys are the coolest.

27. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

If its all rockabilly'd out and few rides or trash rods I am fueling back up and heading back home:)..

28. MilesM

MilesM

I might have to check it out. Sorry, I Don't have enough hair to make it big!

29. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Me neither! And my comb-over might be a little too big if I greased it up.

30. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Nyone leaving saturday morning? I might just head out saturday morning for a 1 nighter.
    Perhaps you guys can dig thru the holloween costumes of the past and use the rubber elvis hair/glasses combo to fit in? haha