Register now to get rid of these ads!

alright engine guru's...need a 350 chev block with 50mm cam

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brandon, Feb 9, 2011.

1. brandon

brandon

anyone know of a part number for a 350 block with 50 or 55mm cam journal , 350 mains , 4.00 style bore, normal cam height, wet style in a steel block? bowtie, dart,???? for a super stock build. LET ME KNOW...owner has cash burning a hole in his pocket......:D

2. FWilliams

FWilliams

dart little m pro series has a version that fits your needs

350 main
    4.125 bore
    9.025 deck height
    50mm cam journal

i dont have have part number off the top of my head but I can get it for you,if you cant find it on line

3. brandon

brandon

need a 4" bore and has to look stock:rolleyes:

4. FWilliams

FWilliams

you can order it in the 4 inch bore , i thought you were looking for a 400ci bore, your not going to find much that would look stock, you could call them and see if they would do the cam bearing conversion on their SHP block,it come 4 inch or 4.125 with the 350 mains, they dont cast their name on that one so it looks a little more stock.

5. I had ACTION MACHINE of SEATTLE bore the cam line out on my Bow Tie Block for the 55mm roller bearings. Expensive!
    With money you can have anything done. Matter of fact you can purchase this engine with lots of money. This thing is brand new, Serious, contact me.

Attached Files:

6. what is the difference in hp between plain cam bushings and needle bearings does it show on a dyno?

7. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

good looking build

8. Lucky3

Lucky3

Dart "Little M", World Products "Motown" block, GM Perf blocks all will accept 50mm roller cam bearings. The stock look will be an issue as they have a slightly different appearance on the outside. The bore size is no issue on these. Whatever bore size you want they will handle up to 4.200.

9. Lucky3

Lucky3

Depends of the rest of the combination...HP range...RPM, etc, etc.
    Yes to answer your question. On a low end build with lower RPM, HP, etc. you won't see any increase that is measurable. My motors twist 8,000+ rpm and we see a small gain. Mostly used to decrease parasitic drag and increase top end and rotating assy lubrication.

10. badshifter

badshifter

Hope he's running in SS Modified. Super Stock or GT ain't gonna allow a Dart Block.

11. brandon

brandon

yeah we know.......;) not a record setter , just a middle of the field (hopefully) ihra car....though we have been talking about the gt deal.