Register now to get rid of these ads!

Larry the cableguy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willowbilly3, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Yes it was a great show! And by my location, you can tell that I'm from Dawsonville! I knew everyone on that show except for the first moonshiner with the jalopy. I know Dwight, David, and Bill as well as his son Chase. I was there the day they filmed it. It was so funny when David was driving the 47' and Larry was hanging on for dear life! haha BTW, for you local folks....you ever heard of Jackie Jones? The Car Dealer? Yeah, that 47' was his, it was used on other History documentaries about moonshining too.!

2. 63wickedduce

63wickedduce
    from atwater mn

what show is this

3. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Wide-fives, on front at least.

4. I love the Moonshine Festival, and Larry the Cable Guy. Put them together and it's a winner.
    Larry now makes Lincoln, Nebraska home, hence the Cornhusker name of his frog.

5. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

A new show on History called "Only in America"

6. it was great, i seen it is going to be on again tommrow night on history channel

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The show was very entertaining, but Larry can get a little old after a while. To Larrys credit he is a heavy contributor to various charities and causes in his home state of Nebraska. Does a lot of good.

8. k9racer

k9racer

I have looked over this car many times. All 4 hubs/ are wide 5 bolt pattern. What was not shown were the police radio and the shot gun riding in a sling attached to the dash on the right side of the trans tunnel. This car was a real trip car................................ David Solsbee and others told me that the 4 door blended in better with the traffic going into Atlanta. The other reason you could distribute the load to keep the car in ballance.. Now we know it is called Polar Moment.............................................. If you enjoyed the car then you should put the Dawsonville Moonshine Festival on your calander its the last part of Oct..More 39/40 Fords in one place than you could belive......................... The owner of the Dawsonville Pool Room Gordon Pircle told me the est of attendees was close to 100 thou. for 3 days..If you go to the MSF see hamb member Hot Rod Elvis {cody} he is a tour guide at the hall of fame....

9. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Yes the Moonshine Festival this year is October 22nd and 23rd. Always the 4th weekend in Oct. Last year, just uptown where the main fest is, we had over 160 Moonshine era car plus vintage stock cars perform a parade and park in the streets too. Around 20. Then if yo walk on down a little ways (less than a 1/4 mile) you'll find the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame Museum where I volunteer. There, they have a huge cruise-in...around 500 cars along with a huge swap meet. It is a sight to see. And we also have a big grand marshall. We've had Bill Elliott of course, David Pearson, Bobby Allison, Buddy Baker, Ray Fox, etc etc.

-Cody

10. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

The wide five wheels must be stronger than the stock 5-5 1/2.

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Its on again rite now (I didnt catch it the first time)

12. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Yes but also may have been so 3/4 truck hubs bearings could be used...