Register now to get rid of these ads!

Larry the cableguy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willowbilly3, Feb 9, 2011.

1. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Did anyone catch his show last night? Cool whiskey runner car. 46-48 (excuse me for never paying enough attention to tell the difference) Ford sedan with a 56 Caddy engine. And some smokin donuts in a Mustang with Awesome Bill.

2. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I thought it was actually pretty good. I was surprised!

3. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I was channel surfing and caught it at the point Larry was toting the shine in a cardboard box down the road. Interesting factoid (?) about ambulance motors not having traceable serial numbers hence their use, like the '56 caddy motor in the sedan that was featured. Wonder if that is correct? Wouldn't surprise me, those ridge runners back then (my father grew up in Johnson City, TN) were pretty crafty guys. Appears that ol' Larry can drive, eh? This segement was pretty good, much better than the awful segement later in the program about Emily Post!

4. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Yeah I saw it too. It was pretty good.

5. Pretty good show.....I liked his rat fink moonshinin' hat hahah

6. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

What about the jalopy truck they drove out to the still?

7. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I caught it too and thought the moonshine segment was good. Did you notice it"appeared" as though Larry had his foot propped up on possibly the bumper. When they were looking at the motor. Respect the car man.............

later, Bill

8. That thing was in really good shape. What remained of it. Seemed to be a solid runner too.

9. big bad john

big bad john

.....Was a good show....I was surprised

10. paintcan54

paintcan54

I checked it out better then I thought it would be, liked the moonshine runner Ford a lot, Bill realy gave Larry a ride I LMAO.

11. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I watched 1/2 when thy went to ediquitte I tuned out. [I guessed at the spelling of ediquitte and don't care if it's even close]

12. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

saw it as well--You just can't beat an old black Ford.

13. butch27

butch27

Good little show.

14. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

That's just up the road from us. I can remember the first time I ever went to Davids [guy with the black Ford] shop it looked like a scene from Days of Thunder. Nice big barn full of tractor stuff and parts but in the very center was an immaculate spot cleared out and his stock car sitting there. Couple of other old stock cars sitting out on the side of the barn.

Liked the scene with the Mustang too and it looked like they were out on Bills air strip. His son has been tearing them up around here on the tracks as well and should be interesting in a few years.

Dawsonville has a moonshine days festival and lots of the cool old runner cars show up for it.

15. Racrdad

Racrdad

That was a cool segment. I figured the show would be usual cable guy nonsense, which is really funny, but the cars were great

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I watched it and liked it. The 31 Model A was cool. I used to have one just like it. The burnouts with Bill Elliot was fun.

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I caught it too. Was very impressed that Larry could drive. He had his foot in it and was having a hell of a time.

18. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

good show, i like how bill elliot was laid back with one hand on the wheel while beating the snot out of that mustang, while larry was holding on for dear life, pretty funny.

19. good show. enjoyed it. not to steal a thread, but did anyone see the cars on "pickers" the night before.

20. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Yep the R code and some of the other stuff but have to wonder if any of it will ever be sold. I think they were somewhere around Bristol.

21. Ya that big bearded guy had alot of good shit!! It amazes me how much stuff they pass on. There was tons of cool stuff there!

22. ItsLUCKY

ItsLUCKY

23. toolman1967

toolman1967

Pretty good episode, not the biggest fan of his standup but I like the idea of this new show. God Bless America!

24. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Yeah I liked it too. Wonder why? Always liked Larry anyway. Did anybody else noticed the wheels on the '48? What were they. Something heavy duty I guess.

Attached Files:

25. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

I loved Larry's (strainer) hat

26. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

The leaf springs under that runner ford looked like they came off a semi. Putting 500 pounds of shine in the rear requires some serious reinforcement:)

27. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Good program, cant wait till next week. That old ford haulin-ass down the dirt road would be a kick in the ass!

28. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

29. luciomduran

luciomduran

I will keep my eyes out for it.

30. jchav62

jchav62

Good show...