Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Mate,that's the modern history made it right here...the MILESTONE to me...unreal beauty
    This thing is the new standard on Mercs,and it's my favorite out there with Kevan's and J.B Mercs

2. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    A car show in the city of Toluca,close to DF (MEXICO CITY) couple months ago.A different range of classic cars displayed there from early iron to 70s ...I went there with my 49 Hudson coupe...it was a cool but very cold weekend,Toluca is very high altitude...more pics coming

Attached Files:

3. Magnus B

Magnus B

Some more:

Attached Files:

4. Magnus B

Magnus B

More:

Attached Files:

5. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    The microcar section at the Toluca car show was pretty interesting...a good number of vehicles and some of them i 've never seen or heard of em...funny stuff!

Attached Files:

6. Magnus B

Magnus B

Still more:

Attached Files:

7. sled

sled

MagnusB ,tack buddy.....got many more on these microcar stuff...stay tuned

8. sled

sled

Forgot to add that red 39 SS 100 roadster above is the only one in Mexico,owned by a pal o mine..Mille Miglia selected and raced too...

9. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

SLED what do you think abt. living in Mexico.Where you located, how is the climate hot? What abt. Drug wars do you ever fear for your life. I want to retire ,and today we have 20in. of Snow its time to go south. Thanks Leon

10. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

This is truly amazing!!

11. sled

sled

Graham,well....there is no perfect world but i live here since 4 years and i never had a single problem myself also going in tuff places to scarf up stuff...im rushing now but there are already many retired americans and canadians living safely in mexico in nice cool cheap places...with a great weather..im already around in shirt here,summertime weather...

Just quickly,many beaches of Baja california peninsula are great to live...and 100% safe...also check out Chapala lake close to Guadalajara,very relaxed and cheap...the historycal San Miguel de Allende,beautiful relaxed town and super safe...i mean,i can go on and on...of course piltically has to go better cause there are certain hot areas,just avoid em...much to talk with..just PM me and we can speak at lenght in case....

have fun, sled

PS.nope,never had any fear of such,i lived in many worse places than here,so im fine to be hanging here

12. sled

sled

Elvis,glad you like it....found a 60 Impala coupe today...and a 51 Merc coupe too,im happy :D:eek:

13. Great thread, great finds....

14. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Hey Sled. Good to see you back on the board. I've been missing your Merc build. Cant wait till your back on that one :D

Leon,
    I've lived all over the world, and I still travel extensively. I always think it's funny how we perceive risks associated with other countries, and how others think America is a dangerous place.

Any place is dangerous if you venture into the wrong part of town, or get involved with the wrong people doing things they shouldn't be doing. But for the most part, anywhere you travel in the world, 99% of the people are just "average Joe" kinda folks trying to get by and keep the bills paid.

I was in the Bahama's last month visiting an old friend. We traveled into a really rough neighborhood for some good jerk, and I talked for several hours with some locals who were fascinated because I was from America.
    What struck me funny is that most of them thought of us as cowboys who wore guns on our belts and had shoot-outs on main street at high noon. A couple of them even asked me if I had a gun on me, or if I had ever shot anyone. :rolleyes:

Having said that, I was in El Passo around thanksgiving, and crossed into Juarez. Took a taxi about 5 or 6 miles into the interior, and bought my driver lunch. We talked for a while. He confirmed that the violence on the border was very real, but for the most part, it was between Mexicans and had mostly to do with the drug trade. As long as I stayed on the main roads and wasn't looking for trouble, I most likely wouldn't find any.

I'll add to that, my Uncle [who passed away last year] lived down in Baja the last 8 years of his life. I never made it down to visit him, but other family members who did would talk endlessly about how well he lived on only his social security check, comparing his lifestyle down there to a $70-80k lifestyle in Florida... 5 minute walk to the beach, very nice house with a view and a large garden of tropical fruit trees, and dinner out almost every night.

Life is an adventure, make the most out of it.

15. meglite

meglite
    from El Paso Tx

Here is a Willys I just got out of Mexico yesterday[​IMG]

16. sled

sled

Pir8Darryl,sacred words here ...i could'nt said it better myself and actually its a great clean and REAL resume of what's the real life ...thanks for clarifying it for me ...and yeah,its funny how perception of others people is while travelling...i did lived in 4 continents myself so yeah,life its a cool adventure,make the best out of it..true!!!Thanks buddy

17. sled

sled

Meglite,i cant see any pic,just a red dot..please repost it,im curious to see it....where did you find it???

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  18. sled

sled

Insider news...currently workin to get a 36 Ford roadster,Ford 40 convertible, Harley 53 Panhead and and a bunch of jukeboxes too....havin fun as usual ,love it

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  19. the other me

the other me

meglite, do not take this personally but......YOU SUCK!!! Hey, just kiddin ya man, great score on the willys. someday I'm going to find a steel one...

20. sled

sled

21. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Here some more stuff from the Toluca car show...good quality of cars overall..Boss 429,Shelbys, Porsche Spider 550,and so on....well done from the organizers...more to come.

Attached Files:

22. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    I never seen one of these Velorex microcars before...production seems to be quite extensive but it was a cool surprise indeed...cool stuff!

Attached Files:

23. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,this Nissan Figaro grabbed my attention there...completely O/T car since its a 91 built only for the japanese market but still very vintage looking..altought im not a fan of the jap stuff it has a very well balanced design and colors,in my opinion...cute!!

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  24. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Time for some bikes...always been a fan of US bikes so here's a friend's partial collection...Knucks,Pans,Flats and some indians sittin in another place ...i think he owns aprox 25 vintage bikes and as you see in the personal home garage there are a number of project going too....and a personal stash of parts too.

Attached Files:

25. jt7282

jt7282
    from Midland Tx

WOW, I'm going to start scouring the craigslist in mexico.

26. sled

sled

jt7282...ah,ah,ah...that's a good one but we dont have Craiglist here in Mexico yet...anyway,there are some local car selling websites but in my personal experience i almost dont even use them,stuff is overpriced and usually not much stuff is shown..the best method is the talk of the town,scouts,contacts and endless patience...more to come fellas...

27. sure there is.

http://mexicocity.es.craigslist.com.mx/

28. sled

sled

SOCAL1...ah,never realized that...anyway,lookin thru looks to me still pretty basic ,it has to be a recent introduction here in Mexico...fine ,thanks for the link anyway

29. Pacorro

Pacorro

Oz40 course, as soon as you visit this land, you and I will travel sled on the merc (the black widow), hear rockabilly, drink tequila and we'll see tons of beautiful girls. Is it a good plan for you?
    I hope that will happend soon amigo.