Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your Ramblers!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by White Trash Renegade, Feb 2, 2011.

1. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Awesome, you stuck a real motor in there!

2. skwurl

skwurl

Here's ours

Attached Files:

3. chuckles0

chuckles0

Here's my 65' 330 Flathead 6. needs a home

Attached Files:

4. retromotors

retromotors

Probably some "Me Too" Ford or Chevy guy jealous 'cause somebody's veering away from the herd!:rolleyes:
    I bumped it up a notch.

5. dmw56

dmw56

1965 Rambler Classic 660

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1970 AMX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

One I bought just for one summers fun.. 350/400, 9" Ford.. Ran pretty good.........

Attached Files:

• 134.jpg
      134.jpg
      File size:
      538 KB
      Views:
    • 138.jpg
      138.jpg
      File size:
      530.9 KB
      Views:
  7. tomslik

tomslik

a couple of mine (maybe)

Attached Files:

8. nali

nali

1966 Ambassador with a 232 .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Not mine, but a friends 4 door.

Attached Files:

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

since when are AMX's Ramblers?

They're not. And fall under the Muscle Car stigma and are a little to new, hence off topic. :rolleyes:

Not that they aren't cool.

11. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

1964 Classic 770, 287 V-8 Auto.

Last pic is the new plan... Ramchero, or El Ramino?

Jeff

Attached Files:

12. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

zman...AMX's were Ramblers until the end of '69 when everything switched to AMC. My 69 Hurst SC/Ramblers were the last models to wear the Rambler marque.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Sorry but that's incorrect, the only car in 68 that carried the Rambler name were the Rambler American. The AMX was produced from 1968-1970 and always carried the AMC tag. Hence the name Amercian Motors eXperimental. Nice try though.

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

and just for kicks...

[​IMG]

My old '65 convert

15. tomslik

tomslik

i'll take that bet ;)

my 69 american has rambler right on the side.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That's Rambler as a model not a marque (brand). I guess that wasn't as clear if you didn't follow the whole conversation. Big difference.

17. farna

farna

AMC started dropping the Rambler brand name in 1966 with the Ambassador and Marlin branded as "AMC", everything else as "Rambler" (just the Classic and American at that time), same for 1967. Starting in 1968 the Rambler brand name was only used on the American and Rogue (Rogue was top of the line American two door hardtop, but usually billed as a separate model). For 1969 the "American" was dropped and that model was technically billed as the AMC Rambler, with Rambler replacing American as the model name. The Rogue was the AMC Rogue, no Rambler nameplates. So while 1969 was the last year the Rambler nameplate was used, the Rambler brand name was last used in 1968 in the US.

Overseas assembly operations (Australia, South Africa, Mexico, and Argentina) continued to use the Rambler brand name into the mid 70s when they stopped assembling cars. VAM in Mexico continued assembling AMCs until 1982. They used the Rambler name through the mid 70s then switched to the VAM brand name. Renault bought out the Argentine operation and stopped building all AMC models but the Torino in the mid 70s. The Torino was an American/Classic hybrid with some unique Argentine styling. It was branded as a Renault from the mid 70s through 1982, the last year they were made. The Torino is still popular amongst auto enthusiasts in Argentina.

18. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Lose the drag racer rims,add was some white walls with some astro supremes and some bellflowers and drop it

19. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Aww maan cmon the dizzy need to be up front and cocked to the right! :p

20. tomslik

tomslik

you'd be correct but let me ask you this: who gives a shit?
    this thread wasn't about a history lesson (at least i didn't think it was), it was about someone wanting to see our ramblers.

now, if somebody wants to see your Kelvinators....

21. Here's my '65 770. Will have owned it for 20 years this July, and I'm only 33. Bought it for $650 bucks when I was thirteen with my corn detassling money.

[​IMG]

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Me. :p I asked about the AMX's, not only are they not Ramblers, but they're off topic. Easy enough. :D

23. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Posts removed for you.

24. farna

farna

No need for anyone to get all in a huff!

As for my choice of paint, to each his own. I like it, that's all that matters.

The rims are a different story -- they are about the only thing that fits. I needed a deep 7" wide wheel for the back to fit in the wheel wells and not have to narrow the Jag axle. So I have 5.5" backset 7" wheels. An 8" wheel might not fit, would be really tight if it did. Couldn't get a 7" or 7.5" wheel in that backset, even 8" wheels that deep (would have needed 6" backset on 8" wheel) were impossble to find. But Weld makes the Draglite wheels deep enough! 5.5" is the deepest on a 7" wheel though. To top it off, AMC/Rambler uses a 5x4.5" bolt pattern (AMC/Chrysler/Ford/Toyota) and Jag uses a 5x4.75" (old full size Chevy). So I needed a dual pattern wheel as well. I bought a 4" wide Draglite and mounted a VW tire for a "space saver" spare. Would have preferred a different wheel, but didn't want to go to the trouble of narrowing the axle.

25. Frank, interesting dilemma you solved regarding the wheels. Most people would not had thought that so much consideration needed to be accomplished. As far as lowering it, why does everyone think that this is a requirement??? Some vehicles, your wagon for example, just does not relate to this treatment. As well, the older I get, the less I want to drag myself up and out of a car

26. skot71

skot71

If this is too off topic, sorry in advance. You asked to see Ramblers. I "paint" cars for a computer game. For kicks, I made up a Rambler Outlaw race car. Nothing close to the talent I see on here with real cars, but Photoshop is about all I can add.

Attached Files:

27. sixbangr

sixbangr

a friends old HOT ROD Rambler

Attached Files:

28. farna

farna

skot71 -- it works for me! All the outlaw cars look the same anyway. Just run with a built 360 under the hood!

imfatdad -- I agree. Everything doesn't look right lowered. The only way I'd lower one would be with air bags. Then I could set it up to a decent ride height and drop it when parked. I like to drive my cars without worrying about hitting things with the bottom. I've only got about 5" of ground clearance under the front crossmember -- low enough!

29. Frank, is that the original crossmember or did you swap out with the 4.0 crossmember???