Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Austin Swap Meet 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Freeland

Freeland

Headed out, gonna grab some fuel and cash... If youre coming in from the North heading South on 35 exit Braker, and pull a U Turn at the light and ride the Service RD... If youre heading North on 35 exit Yager...

See you in a bit...

2. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

Sorry I'm gonna miss this one... but the Doc says I'm still contagious.

Bump for locals who need something to do today.

3. Freeland

Freeland

Everyones rolling in...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. aguynamedcj

aguynamedcj

Grabbin' cash, gas, and I'll have to go without the other thing....

See y'all in two hours.

BTT

5. Freeland

Freeland

6. Balcones1

Balcones1
    from AUSTIN

Well, I'm happy. For my first selling experience, it was great! Met lots of great people, and sold some stuff too. Pretty good turn out for a Superbowl Sunday. Let's keep this thing going, should get much bigger!

7. Sorry I missed this one. The roads here did not really clear up in time to come for my meeting and the swap meet. Still overcast and more snow predicted... Randy is not a very happy boy.

8. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Hey Thanks for the swap We drove up from Schertz Cibolo Area. We will defiantly be there next month. Met Freeland at the VFW Bar great place for a swap and get a beer after go back out and walk around some more. Sorry Freeland don't remember your real name, but thanks for the swap and your military service too. later Andy

9. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

Had a great time, Found a nice set of valve covers with matching breather! see ya next month!

10. johnboy94

johnboy94

Hate I missed it glad the weather was great for it. I was at hospital with pops all week and just couldn't get the energy up to leave the house today.

11. Crankshaft

Crankshaft

Freeland & TexasHardcore,

Great time and good turnout. My hat is off to you guys for a great effort. I look forward to the next one!

Attached Files:

12. seatex

seatex

Hate to hear it, John, hope he is doing better!

13. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Good time! Made some cash! Scored a few finds! Made some friends!

Let's do it again!

14. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Big THANKS to everyone who attended! For a first time event, it was a success! Thanks to all the vendors who brought out their goodies and all the folks who came out to score those goodies. We had an awesome turnout and we'll get the rest of the 2011 schedule ironed out and posted as soon as possible. Stay tuned to the HAMB and to the Facebook page for updates/details, and we'll have the March date set in stone soon. Keep telling your friends! More vendors= More Parts = More cool cars on the road! See ya'll next month!

Jeremy

15. Tommy R

Tommy R

Jeremy, big thanks to you and Freeland for putting this together! I had a good time, met some more cool folks, and scored a couple goodies for my AV8 build.

I'm already looking forward to next month!
    Tommy

16. moter

moter

Was a great time! weather was perfect..made some cash...scored a cool Car Craft from Jan 63 from Jeremy. When is the next one?? and Thank you freeland and Jeremy for getting this going:D

I am looking forward to the video from Rusty

17. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Dammit, I knew I forgot something! Was busy getting brownie points painting my wife's office...GOod deal getting this going, I'll hit the next one

18. Freeland

Freeland

19. moter

moter

That was cool! Thanks

20. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

It was great to meet some HAMBers that I've never met before. We'll do our best to make March's swap meet bigger and better. I've been told by A LOT of folks who were just there to browse that they will be returning with their parts to sell. Also, Austin's own "Worlds Fastest Mexican", Charlie Machado was ecstatic about the monthly swap meet and said that he's going to bring a big trailer out next month and each month after. You can bet there's gonna be some serious goodies in his vast collection!

And of course, the video by Mr. Rusty Chrome is killer! Thanks Russ!

J

21. Freeland

Freeland

Hoping to have some firm dates for the next one by COB today... In the meantime a few more shots of our first one to wet your whistle for the next...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Still sittin in snow with 22 degrees this morning. I don't know what is more depressing, our weather or missing the meet. Maybe next time....... I'm in need of a fix.

23. Freeland

Freeland

Dont forget us... We are working hard to hammer out the details for our next event... shooting for the 13th of March... NOT SET IN STONE, subscribe or find us on Facebook to for any and all official updates...

24. hbrown

hbrown
    from austin tx

have yall confirmed yet for this weekend? thanks

25. moter

moter

Next one will be April 11

26. Freeland

Freeland

that would be 10 April... we just got the word last night and were waiting for a new flyer for a new thread... we had run in to logistical snags and were not able to get it together for a March event...

27. moter

moter

I was close

28. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

29. seatex

seatex

Thank, THC, sounds good! THC??? WHOOPS~!:p

30. robleticia

robleticia

Me and Racrdad will be there!