Register now to get rid of these ads!

brake light problem!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ShortyLaVen, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Balcones1

Balcones1
    from AUSTIN

Updates? Is it fixed?

2. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Finally fixed it! As mentioned above, it was faulty Chinese parts... Ha!

Both the new brake light switch, and the old one, were grounding out inside the switch itself. I would've never found it if I didn't accidentally touch one of my multimeter probes to the housing of the switch...

From now on, unless I'm in a pinch, I'm gonna shell out for the good stuff. It's a shame not as many manufacturers care about the quality of their products...

3. Balcones1

Balcones1
    from AUSTIN

Awesome! Damn shame it takes so much research to find out if a part is red white and blue inside! Congrats, now you won't have to watch yur ass-end so much!

4. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

chineese made shit yet again....

5. H3O

H3O

i know what you mean dude...went thru three brake light switches on my falcon. first one went out the first day i had the car!! so far this fourth one has lasted the longest...wondering how long it'll be til it goes out...:D

6. If the voltage drops to zero you have a short to ground somewhere ( ground is 0V that would be the giveaway)

I've seen bulbs short to ground in a bad socket. First I'd remove the bulbs and see if you still have the 0 voltage problem. Then work back clean the sockets, test, if still bad disconnect them, test. Keep working back till the problem disappears. Last thing you touched will be wher the problem is.
    Troubleshooting is methodical and often slow. Shotgunning parts and doing five things at a time is NOT how to do it.

This wiring is generally very simple, not magic!

Oops I missed the post where you fixed it!

Good stuff!

damn chinese junk!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011