Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Who is George Poteet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doubledawg, Nov 20, 2009.

1. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I could tell a story of how I met and visited with Geroge at the GoodGuys Heartland Nationals at Des Moines when he was camapining the Sniper in July 1998.
    Met Jerry Weesner, Troy and Andy Trepanier the same day. The trepanier's (builders)were actually handling the Sniper for George.
    George was sitting and dringing beer. Could not tell by talking to him he was a bib buck man
    Dave and Carrie Strange's Desoto was on the other side, actually the first car parked.
    For the bulk of the story, research Custom Rodder January 1999 issue.
    They parked the Sniper next to my 62.
    But, it is a long story.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Hey how come too tall don,t have grey hair whats with that

3. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I've chatted with him and Troy T. at B-ville several times. Everyone is right in what they say about him. I asked him one time "With all those rides you got, how do you decide which one to take out?" His wife stepped in and said, "Which ever one has insurance at the time", then George added, "Or which ever one is running". What a car guy. It sure is strange seeing him get suited up and climb into his Streamliner. It's kind of an oxymoron, this big ol' Farm Boy climbing into something as high tech as that Liner, and then aiming for 400M.P.H.??? I'd hate to play poker with him...

4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

5. NO JOKE ! Honest !
    Is this him?

Welcome to CamelToe Racing!
    This is the one and only place for an exclusive look into the world of CamelToe Racing & Rods, a part of George Poteet’s G.P.T. Motorsports team.
    http://www.cameltoe.net/

I see some one beat me to it, never mind

6. It's really cool that a guy with that kind of bread still has his feet on the ground and still loves cool cars. One question though and please excuse my ignorance, but what is multi level marketing?

7. Erwin

Erwin

See "George Poteet's world", Nov. HRM.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  8. frankin rod

frankin rod
    from ventura ca

i work on his streamliner the speed demon and have been a part of the team for five years (by the way he getts so happy when he breaks a record, its like watching someone win something for the first time ever, ever single time) and i know everyone has already how nice of a guy he is, but its not that, he is a guy who has great values and respect and never blows anyone off at all, and will be the unsuspecting helper if he can. he has been and still is a great pioneer and customer for the industry as a whole and i wish there was a way we all as hot rodders/ builder/ speed freaks and show goers can find a way to apprieate a truly geart guy.

9. John Stimac

John Stimac

I like George, He's a real true hotrodder

10. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A super nice guy with increadible taste for hot rods. You wont meat a nicer person.

11. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

EXACTLY! And humble too! A southern gentleman to the fullest.

12. daddio211

daddio211

Quick! Someone close this thread! It's three and a half pages long and NOBODY has anything negative to say!

I met him years ago. You'll never meet a more genuine man.

13. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

And if I remember correctly, there was no mention of him or the article on the cover of HRM. I think that speaks volumes about what kind of person he probably is.

14. purpleflameguy

purpleflameguy

To the best of my knowledge he is still involved with huge desalination units. Most of which are under Govt Contracts mostly in the Middle East. He is a great Hot rod guy. He is always willing to talk Hot rods. And thank god he supports our sport and the many talented builders. Yes His Rolling Bones coupe is to die for.
    Denny

15. Iron Crank

Iron Crank

Patron of the art. Generous about showing us his toys. Very thoughtful about his cars. Cool.

16. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

George is a cool guy with a great collection. We met at his Induction into Starbird's Hall of Fame in 2007.

Below is a pick of his Shoebox Ford Coupe...which is one of the smoothest you'll ever find.

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

Attached Files:

17. This is more correct. He started out peddling water purifiers and when his company branched out into vitamins he stayed with them. The TRJ has an article about him in volume #44 that is where I got my information. It could be wrong but I chose to believe that it is somewhere close to correct.

My understanding is that he is a pretty nice fella, I have never met him. I doubt that I will my days of meeting the rich and influenctial in the rodding/racing world are probably long gone.

18. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

racing team

19. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Ya ever have a buddy call you to come over to admire all his stock certificates? Or bonds? Boring.

I just love a guy that does something fun and interesting with his money.
    And, he has "made" a lot of small builders into famous names by spreading the patronage around.

I've only met him once and he was genuine and clearly digs the opportunity his success has afforded him.

There's a lesson here for some other "important" people.

20. Master of None

Master of None

Who is George Poteet? A guy I really would like to meet sometime.

21. George Poteet For President!

22. the other me

the other me

Never met George, but sounds like a good guy. So, who is George Poteet? Well let's sum it up this way:

There once was a man named Poteet...
    who peddled things you drink and eat...
    his love for race cars and rods a sure bet...
    check him out @ www.cameltoe.net

Hemi Joel likes this.
  23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

X2, A friend of mine who drove a 392 blown Hemi powered Willys on the first Asphault Egorama was with him the whole way to the finish. He said that George was the nicest, most generous, down to earth guy he had ever met. The kind of guy you'd like as a best friend and he said his money never was an issue, if you didn't know he had any you'd never guess he did. A class act. The world needs more George Poteets.

Frank

24. 51Hg

51Hg

I met George for the first time at bonneville in '09. And again in '10. Last year I found a set of 18 inch firestone salt flat racing tires that I needed for sale. I talked to george and asked if he could transport them back to Memphis for me if I bought them.
    He said no problem. So I went back and bought the tires. Took them over to his pits and he said throw them in the front of his car hauler and gave me a card and said call in about a week after the meet ended.
    Went and picked up my tires when he got back from bonnevillle. Saved me from having to pay shipping!
    He's a real stand up guy in my book!

Thanks again George.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In 1998 I went to Bonneville than Plesanton the next weekend. Walking around Goodguys at Plesanton I was working down a row of cars and right in with the rest was the little green *opar that had won all the awards at shows the past year. No one guarding it and no power parking just sitting in the row with other cars and having baby buggies being pushed past. That told this guy that George was the real deal and not a big ego that had cars.

26. duke182

duke182

never really thought much about it.
    love many of his cars though. i have a cousin in little rock that deals with him some.
    no ya'll got my curiousity up. guess i'll have to be nosy and ask.

27. Tripple G

Tripple G

Saw his Miller Hauler Special last July at GoodGuys PPG Nationals in Columbus, OH - SWEET!!!

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

What a great thread, I've read about the George Poteet cars for years, nice to read the Hot Rod feature and learn about the man behind the cars. It would be interesting to know how he manages to have all his cars turn out perfect. Does he visit the build and have a lot of input, or just pick the right guys that deliver a perfect finish product?

29. AllenK

AllenK

People who look and dress like George are the ones who have real money!

30. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

I met George in the breakfast buffet line at the Sheraton, during the GNRS.

Wow! You want to talk about being stuck at a moment in time, even know we didn't formally meet, I will never forget what we discussed.

Great guy, would love to get to know him better!