Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It's time to fight with the wife

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50styleline, Feb 4, 2011.

1. 50styleline

50styleline

I haven't done much with the 50 Chevy i have. Wife is almost done with school and my plans for the car cost too much right now. It will be road worthy soon just not yet what I want. Now have the chance to buy back a 59 apache that I bartered away 20 years ago. It is in pieces with no glass or drivetrain but all the metal work is done. The big problem is there is no room and my neighbors will report it if left out front. Any thoughts or suggestion---storage fees are not in the budget.

2. Forget it, if momma ain't happy no one is!:rolleyes: HRP

3. DougHH

DougHH

let it go perhaps.
    not the answer you were looking for but i got 2 dead cars and a 1 car garage and that sucks. i just sold my 26 rpu project (car 3 that is) and i gotta say i was glad to see it go. at first i had to have it etc etc but the lack of space and the fact that i wanted my other 2 on the road before it just won out in the end. I was looking at it one day and knew it would be 5 years before i would be serious about that car and by then due to recent career change i knew that in 5 years time and my traineeship finnished i could afford alot nicer one by thet ime i was ready to play serious.

sounds to me with yr wife at school and what not you might be in a similar situation - no space but alot of future potential?

if you absolutely must get it i had the idea before selling my '26 to knock down one of my fences, drag tha car in the back yard, and put the fence back up..

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sounds like you better pass on this one unless you are extremely desperate to have this truck back.

5. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

move to a new area

I guess I'm lucky to have good neighbors where I could have a car out in the driveway and they wouldn't care.

6. Sounds like you're out of luck with the Apache....

7. the other me

the other me

if you havn't done much with the 50 you have, what makes you think you'd do much with the truck if you get it back? Sure, at first you'll work on it, then the newness wears off and you now have two rides you have not done much with.....

8. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Rolling Stones say it like so... you can't always get what you want....you know the rest of the song or at least the verse. Apply as needed.

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Finish what you are working on and then worry about getting another project. More than enough Apache trucks to go around in the future.

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

If you have no room and the neighbors will report it if left in sight...why are you bothering?
    It's not gonna work so leave it where it is and don't stress over it.
    Get your current project off the backburner and you'll soon forget about the other one.

11. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

You already know the answer ,

just grow up and do the right thing!

Some times we can't always get what we want OR afford it for that matter.

Sorry I know this is not what you want to hear.....

OR

Turn on one of your friends to the truck with the understanding that you get first dipps if he wants to sell it later down the road..

Good Luck !

12. Deuces

Deuces

As much as I love the Stones, you have no idea on how much I hate that F**king song!

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

.............or you could always sell the 50 and buy the truck:eek:

14. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

you can't get another vehicle in this garage?

[​IMG]

15. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Me too that's why I didn't quote it out.:D

16. brad chevy

brad chevy

Make up your mind as to which one you want and the cheapest to get driving,forget the other one.You ain"t going to hide if from her.

17. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky
    from So.Cal

What he said
    Apache trucks are around alot.
    unless it has the dreaded......sentimental value...

18. Truckedup

Truckedup

Think about it,do you like your wife? Do you want to stay married,avoid hassles with the neighbors and police?
    If no,then be a self centered prick and buy the car :D

19. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

I've have had some really great opportunities lately including a 49 Hudson and a 56 Buick that needed very little to get road worthy.

BUT, I've got a one car (extra) garage that houses my first old car and enough tools/toys to keep it running. Wifey has made it perfectly clear - one car and the toys - no more. And I don't plan on gettin rid of my first "old" car (even though not as nice as those above).

The old adage "A happy wife - a happy life" keeps me in check. I can get more tools, more toys without any issues, but that second (third,fourth,etc.) car will have to wait for a while longer.

20. putz

putz
    from wisc.

I bought a car that wife didn,t think i needed and was against it ! So what do i do : I buy it: . One nite i was in the garage working on it and
    the wife opens the garage door , throws in a black sexy nitey and says
    see if it fits the car i bought! Did i say my x wife ........ Suggest both being on same page !

21. Oh man I'm fresh out of suggestions, wait these two aren't very good , however they may or may not alleviate the pressure you're feeling trying to have more projects than you can do.

Short of you moving and or getting a divorce . Not very good I know but if you gotta have one you Don't really want or can afford, and another that's in big MONEY stage; ya Might as well have your personal life match your vehicles,

Just saying :0)

22. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

"wife is almost done with school"----Jr. High ?

23. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Remember back yards with a fence work to. And buy her flowers ,Candy and kiss ass ..........

24. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

...?

Collage? (SP?)

25. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

I thought i was the only one with wife problems. Mine did just the opposite she drugged me and brought the 48 cj2a in to the shop when it was supposed to be the 40 ford pickup. ya she got a good spanking for it. It sure would be nice if your neighbors would mind their own business.

26. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Since I have no wife/GF I drag home as many piles of crap as I feel like. However none of them work right or are road worthy (I have like 6 project cars). Might not be a bad idea to have someone telling me to put my energies into only one car.......

27. Master of None

Master of None

Yep!:D

28. Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

Sell the wife, buy the Apache, and build a bigger garage! :D

29. ain't being single great!:D none of this bullshit to worry about!:D