Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ive been told I'm sick ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ragtop49, Feb 4, 2011.

1. I have owned over 280 cars in my life time. I buy a car drive it for a while and then I sell it, no apparent reason maybe bored , winter blues, profit maker etc etc , just don't want it any longer . Any one else have this problem, keep in mind 1 car at a time not a collection. I go from Drag Car to Hot Rod cruiser Im really kind of sick of it I say this one is a keeper and then I sell it .Maybe they are right

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Chronic, but manageable. Some people have the same problem with marriage. Seems minor compared to that and probably still a hell of a lot cheaper. Carry on, don't sweat it.

3. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

Damn, I thought I was the only one with that illness!!! 384 at last count for me. The same exact symptoms as yours.

4. Damn,you guys have a problem,:eek:,the main problem is knowing just how many cars you have had to an exact number,,I've had a lot but don't have a clue as to how many. HRP

5. bubmrdrmerc

bubmrdrmerc
    from oklahoma

wow!!!! thats hero status if you ask me

6. Maybe a thought of a new club but cruising might be a problem between cars ..........

7. btbowtie

btbowtie
    from KY

Think I have the same sickness!:eek:

Never kept any car I ever owned.:D

They say the first step is to admit you have a problem. So what is the next 11 steps to the 12 step program?:confused:

8. Deuces

Deuces

I've had a few.... '60's and '70's Chevys.. Been driving Ferds since '88. Now I'm missin' the old Chevys again. :(

9. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

I like to think I've settled down in my old age!! At least until the economy improves and its easier to move them.

10. woodypecker

woodypecker

It is called AADD automotive attention deficite disorder.

11. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I'm in the 300+ club myself.... been at it for 30yrs., 44 now, so 100 every ten yrs., not so bad...right?:eek:

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Yes you are sick. 51. Me too.

13. DrJ

DrJ

I'm still in the 3 dozen range...
    Guess I might be SANE after all? :eek::cool:

14. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Ask Toast... he sold more that 380 cars in one year he had and flipped. Yes the division does equal more than 1 car a day, is that possible?

16. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

I think you should keep a few more around to see if it helps ! - I havent found a cure yet !

17. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

I'm guilty as well....It's not cureable....just sit back and enjoy the RIDE!:D

18. buds56

buds56

I feel alot better now, Just passed 160

19. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

If I only had the space, I'd be in the same league.

20. big bad john

big bad john

You have chronic behavor, but you're not insane....its like having 100 shirts in the closet,every wrench made in your tool box or power tool.....my girlfriend has 150 pairs of shoes(she really needs help)A lot of people are just like you....trading cars is like a hobby...its not that usual...Hope you took a photo of every car you brought and sold....Now that would look cool on a wall in your shop

21. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

You are sick....you've got the Hot Rod Fever!:D

22. Cortney

Cortney

I stopped counting after 40 or so. Had to promise the wife that I would only have four at a time.........unless a smoke'n deal came up!

23. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

Is that bad? I am glad I found this forum so I to can get the help I need. Over 250 but don't tell uncle sam

24. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

apparently I'm just nickle-dime. I count a bit over 150 cars since 1958. When the kids look through picture albums...I get the typical "why'd you sell THAT?...how come you didn't keep that one?" and so on. They think because I have a few bucks now, that I was just born rich - not realizing that one gets tired of cars if they're actually done being modified/hot-rodded/customized, and that you have to sell one to acquire the next one. As a HS kid, most cars I had at one time was three - two running most of the time and a project. I just like new toys on a regular basis - I tell my wife that she's fortunate the same attitude doesn't prevail in my present love life.

dj

25. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

I have stopped counting too........Flipped most of them out of necessity. It was well worth it. Got my kid through 12 years of private school and 4 years of college debt free. He got a job 2 months out of school. (thanks me all the time) But the 59 I have is a keeper. That is unless someone gives me stupid money for it. Haha

26. 6deuce32yblock

6deuce32yblock

175 and thinking about selling one and buying another as we speak!

27. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

I got to the stage where I owned so many, they lost any value to me .
    So I started chasing competition cars instead.

With road going cars I used to say "if you spend more than a $1000 on them, they should wash themselves"

extensive therapy at the track [ plus a divorce ] has brought it down to "controllable levels"

28. plynch

plynch

I'm glad I'm not the only one......I buy, I sell, I get bored.

29. 350+ for me since '64, and I have pics of everyone....thot about makin a board with all of em on it, but that'd be a job in itself.

30. The Shocker

The Shocker

I dont keep them very long either,but there are a few of them that i wished i had kept looking back now ...