Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question: Ever hear of Mickelin*sp* wheels??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldengoldenrods, Feb 4, 2011.

1. oldengoldenrods

oldengoldenrods

I got a set on a car I purchaced, the fello said they were Mickelin, maybe Im spelling it incorrect, but he said Halibrand bought them out years back?! They look similar to the Hopster wheels, but are a dark aluminum color?!?! Any info on these wheels?!?! Thank you, GLENN

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  2. monsterflake

monsterflake

chinese, cheap and obvious....

3. Mehelich - think they are defunct now but there are numerous cheap Chinese knockoffs of these currently flogged all over. They were originally knockoff wheels only - extremely high end and fantastic quality. They were patterned off of the original 14x7 ETIII wheel made by The Wheel Centre. Rocket Racing Wheels just came out with a new wheel that looks like an improvement of the Chinese ones - not sure where they're made though.

Steve

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  4. There was a company that was more like Mehelich, or something like that. They were a pretty nice wheel from what i remember

Edit, hemisteve remembers them two ^^

They were in Riverside, CA and there is a listing in WA for them as well

5. oldengoldenrods

oldengoldenrods

I just spoke to the owner of the car I bought, yes Mehelich is the name!! These wheels have been on the car since 1972! They dont look cheap, or Chinese style of wheels?

6. Larry T

Larry T

They are import. I believe Mehelich sold out and the wheels were then called Cruizer.
    OK, I looked and I'm pretty sure the Mehelich wheels morphed into Wheel Vintique Cruzers.

I looked at Mehelich wheels the last time the NSRA National was in OKC and they wanted something like 600.00/700.00 for a full set.
    Larry T

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  7. monsterflake

monsterflake

if they've been on a car since '72, they might be et or mickey thompson aluminum wheels...

8. brad chevy

brad chevy

You got any pictures of the wheels?

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

[​IMG]:

Pictures needed !!

10. BOBBYA312

BOBBYA312
    BANNED
    from Ala

I think Mehelich sold to Southern Rods,who partnered with on the wheels and then sold the molds to Wheel Vintiques.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

First time I remember seeing Mehelich wheels was around '86 or so... Monsterflake would probably be right on the other brands.

12. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

13. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

If they are Mehelich they have not been on the car since 1972. Maybe 1992.....

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The first generation of Mehelich were knock off only, and way pricey! They came about at a time when Halibrand wheels were all the rage and climbing eveyday in price.(They must have been about 250.00 each in those days!!!) If I remember correctly they only came in 14x6 and 15x8 as well. This would have been up to about '90 or '91 or so.

15. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

there was a wheel in the mid eighties called Mehelich that looked simaliar to a et without the bolts or a halibrand , at the time they were a rightous wheel very pricey like a halibrand , they are being (what isnt) REPOPED across the pond and are dirt cheap now about the price of a 12 pack because they need the cans , if they are to older ones they should be good check the backs for id casting # do you have any pics

16. Can you post pics of the wheels, the timeframe (1972) does not correlate with the mihelic brand.

17. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Glenn says they are "dark", I think RealWheel (unother look alike) was darker and was out before the Mehelich's but certainly not in '72 .....................

18. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

pics would be a big +

19. Real wheels are nowhere near that old either. Real Wheels (the name is actually Real Rodders Wheels) is Eric Vaughn's old company that he started in 1983 and then sold to the current owners in Fallbrook CA.

20. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Trying to make me look stupid, I don't need any help!
    "Real wheels are nowhere near that old either"
    I think I said that in my last sentance .................................
    Don't you love these games with no pic's?

21. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Maybe the boxes are in the trunk!
    Here's some early 15X10 to referance .................

Attached Files:

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great looking wheels but I think that they first appeared in the late 80's early 90's. I wanted a set for the 48 and they were way out of this guy's price range then. Originally done and sold by a guy (business) in Wenatchee, Wa if the brain is working right.

23. I was essentially agreeing with you for the folks that don't know the history. Sorry you took it otherwise.

24. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Sorry for the OT post, but I've noticed your keyboard's problem with the M for a while, and your signature reminded me about that. I couldn't help but go back and read your reply to this thread and much to my amazement, there isn't a single "M" in that entire reply!

Do you typically struggle to find words to replace the ones that have a M in them, or does it come to you naturally by now?

25. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Dave Mehelich, he may even be on the HAMB as a lurker!..........................................

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  26. oldengoldenrods

oldengoldenrods

Hey sorry there brigrat for not getting pictures on asap, had a funeral in the family to attend to so that was the last thing I was thinking about, you got it!? I will dig the wheels out of storage and post a pic as soon as I can. Thank you for the rest of you folks in trying to help me. Regards Glenn