Register now to get rid of these ads!

AL from Taterland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 52 Sphynx, Jan 28, 2011.

1. 52 Sphynx

52 Sphynx
    from tater zone

Hello.
    My friend Dan (Steelsmith) warned me I'd better post an introduction or face a flogging.
    My name is AL, Allan or Sphynx and am a non-recovering autoholic. I still have the Mysterion and Beatnik Bandit models I bought back in the sixties. I was born in Northern Wisconsin and found my way out to SW Idaho with the Air Force during the Viet Nam "conflict" to work avionics on F111 Aardvarks. Seeing vintage tin out here NOT done-in by rust worms I've been here since.
    My interests, to a fault, are wide and varied. I enjoy the sexy curves of an old Pierce Arrow as much as the thrill of seeing a "belly tanker" screaming across the Salt. (capital S...yes brethren, genuflect). My drivers currently are a '66 Galaxie (satin black gold top bellflowers) that's been to Paso (one of the last ones) loaded with 4 of us...and a '54 kustom F100 that's been to Paso Robles, Viva, Billetproof CA, Hot Rod Invitational in Yakima, KnuckleScrapers bbq in Palouse, Asphalt Invitational and drove it once to Wisconsin to boot. If ya can't drive 'em what good are they? Now I need a "daily hot rod" type thing soooo we are deciding on which piece of tin to drag from the back yard to do that to.
    I love hitting events and rapping with all kinds of kats and kittens. Met quite a few along the way and itchen to do it some more...mebe to the eastern side of the rockies...or dream of catching the way cool stuff being done across the pond (either) say in England, Scandinavia, Germany, Aussie land, NZ.....so many kool folks, rods, kustoms....
    anawayz, that's what I'm about. Aren't you sorry you asked....

2. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

Good intro.......welcome

3. Not one bit...............................Excellent INTRO, and it is appreciated !
    Welcome to the H.A.M.B. .........................from Arkansas City, Ks.

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

4. 52 Sphynx

52 Sphynx
    from tater zone

thought I had loaded a pic of the F100 covered in snow from last year but looks like I muffed it. So. Try again. Did a bunch 'o work on it since, not that you could tell. The headlight buckets where re-rounded, inner panels straightened. The passenger fender was worked over and has several new or cannibalized pieces in it, there's a gravel pan now and a '58 Ford p/u front bumper without the Dagmars. Man, I do miss the Dagmars. They must reappear on some future project!

Attached Files:

5. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

6. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

Well it's about bloody time!!!!!! try not to be a ghost like me and tell em all what we've been doing!!!!! I'll help your intro Al.... Here a few pics of YOUR stuff that has already been on the hamb.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. big bad john

big bad john

.....Al......welcome aboard....you're going to fit right in here....thanks for the great intro and photo's of your cool truck....enjoy the ride.....Big Bad John

8. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from Conn. Finish that 46 Chevy!

9. welcome from Connecticut

10. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

Again, Welcome from the Hamb and from me! Glad to finally see you here on the Hamb and not only showing text, but pictures too!

Yer 'bro,
    Dan Stevens

11. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

12. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Sphynx welcome to the H.A.M.B. from you old (and I mean OLD) pal from California but now from Ohio.
    I'll post some shots I have of your cars when I can get down to the Man Cave where my MAC is.

13. Al,great job and welcome to the h.a.m.b.

14. the other me

the other me

welcome to the HAMB

15. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from Tennessee

16. POD

POD

Welcome from TEXAS

17. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Ask Ol Sphynx about the story behind this first picture!
    An after shot of his truck heading for Palouse, Washington last year.

Attached Files:

18. 52 Sphynx

52 Sphynx
    from tater zone

HA! I haven't seen that picture in awhile! Yep. It passed the "tree-drop" test all right. Just a bump on the top and a small one on the hood. Same thing happened to the '61 Biscayne just a year or so ago (an even BIGGER tree) only the hood suffering a little dent and missing the corner of the shop just by inches. Hmmmm....I don't know what those trees have against me! Maybe I should start a "let's see your tree-damaged ride" thread....

19. Welcome. cool;)

20. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett, TX---great intro.

21. 36fred

36fred

Welcome from western wash. cool truck, you'll have to make it over to Billetproff Chehalis, good run.