Register now to get rid of these ads!

My introduction.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by shelbycolt, Feb 4, 2011.

1. shelbycolt

shelbycolt

Hi everyone! My name is Frank and I live in Union Grove,WI. I have a 1923 T-Bucket Hot Rod, but my real pride and joy is my 1959 Nash Rambler Super American station Wagon. I was driving down a highway in Kenosha,WI. (Where it was made) and saw the back of it in an open garage. I immediately applied my brakes, almost getting rear-ended, and turned around to inquire about my Nash sighting. An 80-ish year old woman came to the door and told me it was her deceased husbands car and had been in the garage since his death some 20 years ago.I asked her if she was interested in selling it, and she told me "if the price is right". The car was definately cancerous from sitting but was complete. I offered her $1000.00, and she said "I was hoping for $1500.00,and the deal was made. I have since restored it to its original condition,and will post photos soon. It looks like a brand new car! I just joined this sight, I didn't know it existed. I'm looking forward to future communication amongst us!!

2. henry29

henry29

Welcome from Indiana, and post some pics of the Rambler.

3. GREAT JOB AND welcome to the H.A.M.B.

4. Frank,
    Nice intro.
    Welcome from across the pond.

5. big bad john

big bad john

.......Frank......welcome aboard from another cheesehead...sounds like you have some nice cars.....You might want to check out some of the social groups here(WI HAMBers)lots of hambers in WI....You have a great drag strip in Union Grove...been there a lot.....enjoy the ride on the H.A.M.B.......Big Bad John

6. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

7. pumpman

pumpman

Welcome from Union Pier, MI. Frank, I grew up in Kenosha, went to Mary D Bradford high school many, many years ago. Have fond memories of the old town when American Motors owned the place. You'll have fun on this site and the car knowledge is amazing. Les

8. Welcome from Connecticut

9. POD

POD

Welcome from TEXAS

10. robertsregal

robertsregal

Welcome from Minnesota!! The H.A.M.B. is a great place to find information & friends

11. sololobo

sololobo

Very nice intro brother, welcome to the world of traditional hotrod hoodlums and hope you enjoy it here. You are on my cool list with the wonderful wagon. Enjoy the ride my man. ~sololobo~

12. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Hello Frank, I have a 59 Nash Rambler wagon for sale here in the classifieds...
    Welcome to the HAMB from SC!!

13. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

14. yardgoat

yardgoat

Great intro !!!! Welcome from Rockmart,Ga. It,s tween K Mart n Wal Mart. Didnt want ya to stay up all night wondering wher it was.................YG

15. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois

16. farna

farna

I'm a Rambler fan also! Can't wait to see some pics....