Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from the other side of the globe (New Zealand)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by antihero, Feb 3, 2011.

1. antihero

antihero

Hi . . . Not sure where to start . . . I'm obsessed with Cars & Art & I have been as long as I can remember, must be in the blood, my old man was a an RNZAF Aircraft engineer & his old man was a Railway engineer.

I have a few projects in various states of completion at the moment, including a 1965 Fiat 500 (becoming an Abarth replica) a 1965 BSA B40 Single cylinder motorcycle, many artworks (mostly black ink based) & about to get my hands on a very standard 1938 Ford pickup

I collect various junk/treasure , toys, bikes, pop bottles, vintage arcade games, poster art, skateboards etc . . .

Anyway - I found my way here because it seems like a haven for like minded souls who recognise & appreciate the beauty & quality of the designs of the past

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. antihero

antihero

oops - new to this - i meant to post this in the "New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself" section - Admins, feel free to delete this thread

3. flathead4d

flathead4d

Welcome Antihero. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a picture of the original Mickey Mouse before the later one became popular in the cartoon "Steamboat Willie"?

4. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

Welcome from TEXAS!

5. George G

George G

Nope that's Mickey Rat of underground comix fame. Pretty much the opposite of that goody two shoes Mickey Mouse

6. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

hello from ireland.any pix of the pickup

7. 35desoto

35desoto

From one Kiwi to ANOTHER - Greetings

8. antihero

antihero

Your right - its Mickey Rat! - his Comix are pretty hard to get your hands on

9. Welcome aboard.
    The only interest here is in your 1938 Ford pickup.
    Got any pics you can share with us?
    What's your plans for it?
    When in NZ are?

Nosey aye...

10. welcome to our world of rides far and wide

11. Blue

Blue

Welcome to the best hot rod club in the world. I love Mickey Rat! Used to have a T-shirt with him on it yeeeeearrrs ago. I didn't realise there were comics too, I just thought it was someone's warped anti Mickey Mouse rendition. Very cool.
    I have a '39 Pickup, (plus various other 2 and 4-wheeled stuff).
    Where did you pick your '38 up from?

12. Hey, post some pictures of summertime down under. Most of us in the USA are buried in snow and ice...

13. Welcome to hot rod heaven.
    When your've figured this place out more, theres cool things like "groups"
    and we have a kiwi hamb socail group.
    Enjoy the coolest site on the planet.

14. Figured id throw up a pic for you, unfortanatly its not real sunny here today.

[​IMG]

15. antihero

antihero

Check out my album - I put a few pics of the "Jalopy Dust Up" I went to last month, it was hot as hell & not a could in the sky! - heres a sample pic . . .

[​IMG]

16. Welcome from another kiwi. Is that the 38 from Wanganui that was on TradeMe?

17. Welcome antihero from across the ditch!

56 Don, you wouldnt want pix from the Australia part of downunder, 5 days in a row near enough above 100. So hot and humid the chrome drips off your bumpers and you could cook an egg on your hood, without the engine running!

Give me some snow!!!!!

18. FSHTNK

FSHTNK

I had a look at that pickemup myself. Did you see his black one in the shed?
    Let us know if you have any drama's getting it through Vinning.

Welcome aboard!

19. antihero

antihero

yeah - going to drive down next week & pick it up (if its not just paint on rust)

20. antihero

antihero

Have you seen it in the flesh? if so does it look Ok? - I spoke to the bloke & it sounds pretty solid, he said he had another with Mitsubishi running gear, but was building this one standard

21. FSHTNK

FSHTNK

Have you not seen it? It's a very good looking body, but it's original. It's the kind of truck I just wouldn't be able to leave alone. I'd throw another 15k at it, and upgrade the brakes, throw in a Nailhead, and tidy up the interior. The motor appeared to be a straight shooter, but the rocker covers were missing. :D :D

PM me if you like, i'll give you the low down on it.

22. mrdodge

mrdodge

Hey there Antihero. Welcome to the coolest site. Plenty of Kiwis on here too.

23. Sup Bro!
    The dustup looked mint!! cool.