Register now to get rid of these ads!

Portland OR, February 3rd-Ray Gordon Photography presents: "Throttled"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Jan 19, 2011.

1. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

I'm off work at 2:00 should be bundled up and on the road by 3 at the latest. It's going to be a cold ass trip but damn it'll be fun!

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    cool! some of us are meeting at beauty bar just before 4 and rolling up there in a group. if you're in town by then, it's 111 sw Ash. if not, we'll see ya there!

3. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

^
    Sounds good. I'll try and swing by!

4. glmke

glmke

sounds good. I get off at 2:45 so will head from swann island straight to your bar.

5. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Dad and I will be coming down............Sounds like we will be the first there.

Happy to help and looking forward to the event.

Attached is a pic that Ray took of my Scooter at THE ONE MOTORCYCLE SHOW 2010

Cody Adams
    Adams Hot Rod Rubber / HURST RACING TIRES

Attached Files:

6. tbirdman

tbirdman
    from Tigard, OR

Clayton,

Maybe I'll see you there!

7. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Advice on where to park? I've only been downtown a couple times since I moved here so I'm flying blind on this one.

8. MrModelT

MrModelT

For sure! I shouldn't be too hard to find....ya know what I'm driving :D

9. buckable

buckable

You guys should definitely save a spot for the T.

10. buckable

buckable

You should be able to find on street parking that time of day, but you may have to circle around a couple times or go a few blocks away. Try to stay north of Burnside. Here is a map of the parking garages nearby:
    Parking garages near Wieden & Kennedy.
    Either way, don't leave anything valuable in your car.

11. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Thanks for the info and advice, buckable. It's the "tips" on where NOT to park that save me time. My game plan is to kidnap the world famous Jim Arnold for my co-pilot. I'll be wearing a vintage red NHRA top ten coat, and a red beanie. Say hello if you see me. ~Chip

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    as far as parking goes, wieden and kennedy has BLOCKED OFF THE STREET in front. it's on 13th and Everett. All cars and bikes get to park in this area, first come, first served of course. Then once we get to Beauty Bar there should be street parking, if not there is a pay lot across the street that's cheap.

see you there!

13. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Thanks Shooter. Yeah, I had no intentions of parking anywhere near the blocked off street. Jim will get us close, and help me remember where we parked.

14. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

F**kin' a that was fun!!!!

15. glmke

glmke

what a blast!

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Thanks to everyone who came out-that was super fun. The after party is going strong right now!

Thanks again, and we'll see you all sunday at Madison's? It's early so it won't interfere with the super bowl!

Saturday is "The one motorcycle show" too, I'm pretty sure I'll be out there and I'll run into you all there.

Thanks!

17. 73 carlow

73 carlow
    from Colorado

18. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

What a pleasant evening with some of the best Portland has to offer, Sad to say that the pic of Me and Blayne was one of the last 3 to get the cut for the gallery. Oh well there is always next time:D

Ray is one of those "SALT OF THE EARTH" people that you don't run accross very often , and I am proud to call him a friend of mine.
    Really he is a friend to us all and we are lucky to have him capture moments of our lives the way he can.

Ray Gordon! , Thank You for a memorable evening and thank you for the gift that you use.

Cody "HOTRODRUBBER" Adams
    HURST RACING TIRES

Attached Files:

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I'll get right on board with you on that one-Ray is one of the best.

Thanks Ray! Total success last night. CONGRATS!!!

20. tbirdman

tbirdman
    from Tigard, OR

Here's Clayton's with his remote oil level indicator. He knows when to add oil...when it stops dripping oil.:)

Attached Files:

21. tbirdman

tbirdman
    from Tigard, OR

Clayton,

Friend of mine came up with a good one after he saw this picture. He said you should get BP as a sponsor:)

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

haha. it's just marking it's territory.

23. I am really stoked that all you guys came out!
    Wow. That was so much fun!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!

24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

HELL YEAH! Thanks again man!

Now I just gotta wait nervously until the end of the month and hope that nobody fucks with that awesome print that's on display so I can get it home safely!

25. glmke

glmke

I cant get over how much fun that was. very cool setting and a great vibe. was nice to meet all you guys face to face.thanks again Ray

26. I want to take a moment and thank each and everyone of you guys that came out and help spread the word. The show tripled my expectations. Wieden+Kennedy emailed me and told me that "throttled" was by far the most sucessfull show opening that they ever had. That is a huge deal!! THANK YOU!!
    I will be putting up a web gallery with lot's of photos of the evening. I'll make sure to post.
    Man, the Northwest is a great place to be because of you guys!
    Again thank you.
    Ray

27. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Good for you! I loved the show, the vibe, and the cars. I even got some great comments on my dad's jacket. I had a great time, and I'm glad to hear it was a success.