Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Trek: The Next Generation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danimal, Oct 17, 2006.

1. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Nice shop at work

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Courtland can now run an I/O sizer, metal blade chop saw, upright band saw while cutting up 8' long exhaust systems to steal the mufflers out of them, and a rod bender.

While we had it on the hoist today, one of the younger test engineers (a Russian immigrant who likes cars but isn't INTO cars) started checking out our truck. I basically went through all the major compents and explained to him how we did it. He got interested and then went and dug out some exhaust systems that were returned from testing. He helped us out with that and a few other things. It was pretty cool to see him interested. I don't think I'm going to get him out to the show tomorrow but there may be a time...

It is nice and grumbly!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Starter went out at Sins of Steel. Got one from Topolino Kid this week and stuffed it in this morning. 2 more black marks out the driveway...

4. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

It has been a while. Court swapped the starter after Sins of Steel and that was the issue. Got a good starter from Topolino Kid in there and fires up every time. Fuel filter was crapped up, too so that's resolved.

Today, we marked off the 2 mile stretch and went out for speedo calibration (Autometer gauges) and now we know that little shit will do 80 VERY comfortably!

5. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

awesome dan...keep it up!

6. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Court starts college on the 30th so we'll have to dodge between homework sessions but we'll get there. We want to drive it to Autorama Detroit and have fun cruising next summer. We'll probably haul it up to Ididit in the next month or so but then go for plates come January or so.

It should be a blast!

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Court is 2 weeks into Jackson Community College and he's done OK with his school work. He's got a couple of girls chasing him but so far, he hasn't let them catch him.

His DD is a '93 1500 X cab with a 305. It's rusty but trusty with about 225 k. We picked it up from the original owner last summer and he's redone the brakes, lines, radiator, and a few other things. Since he's driving about 40 miles per day now, he's been fixing up the odds and ends on it. New rubber lines up to the calipers and new shocks this weekend.

Today we flipped over to his "green truck" list (the '54) and put in the cab windlace (yuck job, my fingers are numb!) and then fixed the hood latch. Had to cut off the old latch stud and replace it with a spare we had. Took a bit but we got it and the hood closed and latched after only 1 adjustment. Back to the green hood so the hood, fenders, doors, and bed sides all match now.

I'm really pleased with as far as we have gotten.

8. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Some of it's latest incarnation:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Even though I came here to pose and not to learn--- I really like that truck! Sits nice.

10. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Pictures don't really change much over the weekend but we did get the windlace done on the cab. Next are door seals and fixing the vent windows. Maybe next weekend for that.

He did put in the blankets I wove so he has seat covers.

[​IMG]

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Wow Dan, sweet blankies..
    Was that done on your wooden loom?

12. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

13. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Yep. Double weave Blooming Rose pattern. Kicked my ass. I should have practiced more! Doing shawls right now. Fiber show this weekend in West Branch. Need one to keep you warm?!

That and waiting for a dude in Toledo to call me back on that A sedan. I'm thinking he sold it even though he made a date for today for us to come see it. I need to get that number from you again, Randy. The email didn't work. I think I should just go for that one with the B motor. Cheaper in the long run! Maybe we can check it out Sunday.

14. Dang Dan looks like you guys built a damn nice truck.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Those are sweet...I need to think of a pattern, and colors.but yeah very nice.
    I'll Pm it to you ,, And I might be up that way this weekend, think the monroe show is that day, Sept 26th MCCC on raisinville road.:cool:

16. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I'll have to figure out time to make it to Monroe. Bought another truck, '49 1.5 ton. Got to fetch it home. Full deluxe trim.

17. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

And I've got BOOKS of patterns. Let me know what you are after and we'll hook you up. Maybe even get your bride to weave it for you! You can have a Peruvian blanket interior then!!!

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Cool..ahhhh i'll leave the weaving to you..
    her and machines dont get along to well..shes way old school..that loom woud piss her right off:eek:

19. pitman

pitman

A young man and... his truck! A great pic series and video,
    thanks Dan.

20. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Ididit 10/2 in Tecumseh!

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

what time does it start?..got to be out at metro airport around 2:(

22. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Registration is in for Autorama 1953. Hoping the truck will be in the basement this year. Bought some new vent window glass today. Got to get that put in and need new door glass, too. Court's starting measurements for the floor panel that goes over the trans.

23. POD

POD

I read your tread from the beginning. Very inspirational! You and Court are building more than just a truck. You are building memories. Thumbs up!

24. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Hey all. Still at it. Court turned 18 last week. Wow, time flies! Thanks for all the support.

25. R and S HotRods

R and S HotRods
    from Hell

great build thread Dan!

26. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Thanks, Gadget.

Working on landing another one today! Court got to drive this today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  27. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

1 ton with 248 Jimmy 6!

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

29. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Court finished high school today. His truck will be at his grad party this weekend. Not legal yet, but GETTING there!!

30. 416Ford

416Ford

Congratulations Court.
    Dan, are you sending him off to collage in the truck?