Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Kentucky

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by hinesenhoffer, Feb 3, 2011.

1. hinesenhoffer

hinesenhoffer
    from kentucky

Hi, my name is Gary I have been lurking awhile ,so I guess that it is about time to introduce my self. I am in the process of what started out as an orginal restoration of a 1954 belair that I drove to high school way back in 1967,yes the same car! I just wished that I hadn't lost the orginal title, but it still has the license plate on it dated 68,hopefully when I eventually get r done that the state of Ky still has the records of it.If not its not hard to get one for a car thats over 25 years old. I have two sons that are into old cars also,my oldest,43 is redoing a 28 model A coupe that I also bought and drove to school before the belair,it had a 312 merc in it ,I let my brother inlaw drive it one day, when he came back he was grinning from ear to ear, I said whats the big grin for, he said I just beat a 66 396 chevelle, and the guy that he beat couldn't believe he just got beat by an old Y block. So after driving it for awhile,I put a 352 with tri-power in it, and it was fenderless I wanted to redo it and put fenders back on, and put a mustang II front end in it,to make a long story short it sat apart till I gave it to my oldest about two months ago.
    My second son 41 is the one that talked me into not restoring the belair back to orginal.He said that little six won't have enough power for you, I guess that he was right, but it would have been alot easier. He is into fixing up a 52 F100 right now, and has got real good start on it.I am proud of both boys, they both like old cars like me.
    I have always liked old cars,have done body work, mostly rebuilding totaled cars for 40 plus years. I also restored another 28 ford coupe and it looked just as good as the day it rolled out of Henery's shop, but sold it for 10,000 about ten years ago to build me and the boys a bigger garage,wish I still had it too.
    Well I'll quit rambling now and enjoy the Hamb, seems like there is a lot of knowledge on here.
    P.S. I will try to post some pics later when I can figure it out, I may know how to work on cars, but I am not smarter than fifth grader when it comes to computers!

2. Rodshop57

Rodshop57
    from Berry Ky

Welcome Gary, from Northern Ky!

3. 26 roadster

26 roadster

4. Gary,
    Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

5. toolman1967

toolman1967

Welcome from Southern Illinois.

6. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Welcome from the west end of KY.

7. Welcome from Connecticut

8. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

9. big bad john

big bad john

...Gary....thank you for the great intro....keep us posted on that 54 Chevy and enjoy the ride on the H.A.M.B.....you're going to fit right in here just fine....

10. Welcome aboard from Iowa! Great intro also by the way!!

11. welcome from Mount Washington, Ky

12. oldman2

oldman2

Hey Gary, glad to have you on the site, enjoy.

13. Welcome aboard from snowed in Okie land

14. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

Welcome from Western Ky.

15. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

16. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from west Ga.

17. the other me

the other me

welcome to the HAMB

18. Welcome from Georgetown, KY!

19. Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi

welcome from lexington , KY!!

check out the kentucky hambers social group.

20. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Welcome from Irvine ky.....Nice Intro