Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures A short film worth seeing... Many can relate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Feb 2, 2011.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ran across this short film on another website and thought it should be shared over here. I think it says a lot and I think a lot of us can relate. Very well done...

(didn't see it posted anywhere else here. Sorry if it has.)

http://vimeo.com/16435404

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16435404" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p>PROFESSIONal from VITA BREVIS FILMS on Vimeo.</p>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Very cool....thanks for sharing.

3. Thank you ! I really appreciated viewing it. Like so many things, this business will die off if someone doesn't step up and want to carry it on. As much as I love the computer, I don't like how it has replaced so many things and the people who have been doing them.
    On the other hand, were it not for the computer.............I would never have been a part of this thing known as the H.A.M.B., & been able to see this video.........which, by the way, was very well done . Thanks again.
    firstnomad

4. Yes, Scooter it has been posted. Very cool flick. Why is the quality of stuff on Vimeo so much higher than other sites? I mean the overall quality of the content?

5. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Excellent!!! Thanks for posting:D

6. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

They are much more concerned with quality as a website. When you sign up on the site, you realize the "mission" of site is much different than that of youtube.

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you guys dug it! Sorry it's a repeat. So hard to keep up with this place sometimes.

Learn something and pass it on, folks! Don't let the knowledge die!! There are so many people that I would BEG to spend time with, just to learn a thing or two, but they would probably think I was psycho! HAHA!

There's a couple shops here, locally, that I pass very frequently in my day to day activities, and I just want to walk up and say "teach me the way!"

I had a totally random conversation with an old-timer at GNRS while standing looking at the same car. It was related to this very subject. The guy didn't really have anyone to pass on his knowledge to. Had he lived in the same state I probably would have said "what are you doing on Saturday?"

8. pitman

pitman

Thank you for including this.

9. Mac_55

Mac_55

Great!! Thanks for posting

10. We had a machine shop very similar to this place. Always wanted to approach the guy but the land was worth so much that his son in law (old pal of mine) and daughter developed it.

11. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

12. acustom51

acustom51

Right On !!!! Thanks so much for sharing, we are not sure what the future will bring for the young people in our world...I do think, it will not be the same place..I am so thankfull for having the chance to see the birth of Hot Rods & Customs...as well as Good ol' Rock & Roll...
    Jim

13. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

About the time you decide to spend more time with your kids and family it's too late, they have grown up and really don't have the time to spend with you.

Where the hell did life go ?

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great quality film on a great quality subject, Thanks Scooter!

15. Scooter,

"what are you doing on Saturday?"

16. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Thanks for sharing that scooter. When watching this I was relating it to many different things. My brother works at a family owned metal shop, my girlfriends father owns a metal shop that his father started. And then there is the internships that I had during college. The skills and knowledge that I acquired is priceless. Nothing that I could,ve learned in a classroom environment. Great video.

17. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HA! :rolleyes: Hopefully learning how to properly use a TIG welder... And probably redoing something I did wrong the first time. HA! :eek:

One thing is for sure, there is a TON of people out there to learn from! A person can learn from videos, books, by trying things and screwing up, but there's just something about spending time with a PERSON who can show someone a thing or two. And the sharing of experience and stories a long WITH it, just seems to make it that much better... :cool:

18. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

great video, kinda puts things into perspective for small business owners like myself. i'm glad my oldest son has taken interest in the business at a young age and pretty much decided this is what he wants to do. much to the dismay of me and his mother. i really didn't want any of my three sons to get into my line of work, i really wanted them to go to school and get a good education and get a regular 9-5 job, but now that he's been here for a couple of years and learning the trade, my thought process has changed dramatically. he's starting at the bottom of the totem pole and learning (or going to learn)every aspect of bodywork and paint, from sweeping the floors all the way to buffing out his own paint jobs someday, to writing estimates and dealing with ins. companys and customers. but it's not going to be a free ride, no favorites here, i will teach him everything i know and learned in the over 30 years i've been doing this, but just like i did, he'll start from the bottom and work his way up. i hope he sticks with it, and will be able to make me and his mom proud to continue the family business and maybe pass it on to his kids someday. thanks again for the cool video.

19. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Thank You
    The sad thing is that people like this are a dieing breed,

20. hasty

hasty

Thanks for sharing. Very nice film and he seemed a really decent guy. Nice shop too...

21. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Thanks for sharing this video. We need more folks like that.

22. 92GTA

92GTA

I just turned 31 and since my early 20's I've been wanting to learn metal forming. Man what I wouldn't give to be that guys grandkid right now and learn everything I can before he passes on. I bet he couldn't even teach it all to me by then.

I would drop everything in my life to be one of the proud few who can make anything from scrach out of metal. Dying art is an understatement :(

23. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Great video man. Thanks for sharing. It does give some perspective to the guys (and girls) who work with their hands and get dirty for a living. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks again.

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That's awesome. Pretty deep, really. I hope his art and knowledge doesn't die with him.

25. 55ledsled

55ledsled
    from Magnolia

Aint that the Honest-to-God truth...:(

26. N8B

N8B

Gosh Scott. All you have to do is call me.... LOL

Thanks for the video man.

Nate

27. ELDANGEROSO

ELDANGEROSO

WOW, thank you very much for posting. I think I wouldn't mind working for that guy. Seems like a true genuine fellow that has allot of knowledge to share.