Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage IRON LORDS are heading North! Philly, NJ, BRONX and CT!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Feb 2, 2011.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Next week Thursday (Feb 10th) Sinticket and I as well as my wife and child are heading to Philly for the weekend. I plan on dropping The Red Fox and Memphis off at her friends so she can hang with them all weekend but Sinticket and I want to make the most out of Friday and Saturday before heading home on Sunday.

So far what we have planned is...

•Heading up to Connecticut by way of the Ferry to see TUGMASTER and the Hussy before heading home with my old wheels and tires from that car.
    [​IMG]

•Then come back down to Long Island to visit Big Nick and see his truck and bikes. I also have to pick up a '32 quarter that he's been stashing for me for 8 months.
    [​IMG]

•After that I we're heading to BRONX, NY to visit Brian Darwas aka Zombie Hot Rod to check out his 5w and see where he does his work. Again, I have a '32 Firewall, front floor section and a pair of Weiand Cheater heads to pick up there. Hopefully we can get there at a reasonable time so he can point us in the right direction of something else to do around there.

[​IMG]

That should be more then enough for one day which brings us to Saturday.

•We're hoping to get out to Dirtiest Devils if he's not busy
    [​IMG]

•And going to see Jim in NJ who owns the Pierson 36 3w now. Unfortunately the '36 is not going to be back in NJ for a couple weeks but that doesn't mean we can see what else he's up to!!!
    [​IMG]

•Possible going to see the Fred Carrillo T roadster that's on the cover of TRJ this month if we can get a hold of the owner etc.
    [​IMG]

So is their anything else on our way we should see car wise? Ideas and options as well as paths would be greatly appreciated. I've been to Philly, NY and NJ more times then I can count but I've never focused on cars while there so if there's anything else we should see let us know!!!

I'll be taking pics of our travels and I'll have my iPhone on me so I can make some pretty constant updates.

ALSO: What are the gun carrying laws in Philly? Do they acknowledge other states concealed carry permits? I know in NYC it's a definitely NO but if Philly is different.....

After we get home the rest of the gang will be heading up to Detroit for the Autorama so definitely a lot going on this month!

2. Jay71Vette

Jay71Vette

I took my son to Philly last week to see the Simeone Foundation Auto Museum - if you have time, it was pretty neat.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome, what was there?

4. stop by Hatboro for a visit !!!

5. J. Clear

J. Clear

6. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Pennsylvania reciprocates with NC concealed carry permits. If you are going to carry inside philly you city limits you may want to call a local PPD precinct and make sure there are no special restrictions.

As for NY and especially NYC, make sure the weapon is in the trunk, unloaded and locked, preferably broken down. You don't want to take any chances. You can get free gun locks at any PD in NC.

Also if you are up for the trip Harvey Bagshaw has some incredible cars. Its about an hour and a half east of the city on long island.I know you know scott and I am sure he could arrange a visit.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Cobra Coupe? I'm there!!!

Thanks for the advice on the guns Flat-Foot. I'll check into it. As far as the Cheese aka Bagshaw that's a pretty good idea. I'll talk to Scott!

HotRodSurfer, I'll plug it into the agenda!

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

9. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

Sounds like a good time, picking up parts and checking in with other Hambers. I'll offer up some fresh brand new sheet metal if you got room to haul it back. I'm in CNJ and your going to drive right by me going into NYC from Philly. So it's here for the taking, just let me know so I bring it home from the job.Like Slim just posted, BE VERY CAREFUL with the Guns up here. I think, don't quote me on this, but NYC if caught with handgun means Jail Time ! check it out with johnny law before you bring it into NYC.
    Shoot me a PM if you want the sheet metal
    Later
    Wayne

10. Not just ANY Cobra coupe, either- you'll find that Dr. Simeone's collection has quite a few special/remarkable cars in it!

Jeffrey, Philly's my home town- make sure you have a cheesesteak and some Tastykakes. Better yet, go to 202 in West Chester and have some hotdogs at Jimmy John's!

11. Sounds like an epic trip...JJ you are doin' something right...be safe and have a killer time

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn I'll have to settle for a chicken steak since I don't eat beef. I used to have family in Philly when I was a wee lad so I've had a cheese steak. Also spent a lot of time in WIldwood, NJ and Cape may. Rad times!!!

Thanks Ken! Breakfast this Saturday!!!

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Wow! What a plan a HAMB Tour that we all get to follow from home, this may set a trend! I'm not sure how you plan to get from Philadelphia to Connecticut, but it is a 3 hour drive and I don't know about any ferry other than the Bridgeport to Port Jefferson on the Island that you should take after seeing Tugmaster. If I had somethig worth looking at you'd be welcome to stop by. The Simone Collection is a "Bucket List" item for many people. Stop and look at the MERCER, it lived a block away from me until 1963 when it sold for $15,500.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm not sure either on the CT trip but TUGMASTER has and idea I think to take a ferry either from Long Island or NJ all the way to CT where he's at. He works for the Ferrys and was kind enough to help me out there but I need to get an exact route down.

Truth is I know that first day is going to a lot of driving due where we need to go but since these guys have been storing '32 parts for me for 8 months or more I need to get them out of their hair so I'm either going to spend it in shipping or spend it in gas. This way I at least get to meet all those dudes.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ferry is the Cross Sound Ferry from New London to Orient Point.

16. tell me what kind of tasty cakes you like and i will have some on hand..or some warm philly pretzels

17. sinticket

sinticket

Looking forward to it! Gonna be a good time. LOTS of driving ahead of us!

18. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

No magazines larger than 15 rounds in NJ. No mags larger than 10 rounds in NY. NY is a felony, NJ is unclear.

You will not have concealed carry reciprocity in Washington D.C., Maryland, New York, Conneticut, Rhode Island, Massachussetts, or Maine. Everywhere else between here and yankee land will honor NC's concealed carry permit.

Be very careful and contact local law enforcement agencies in the areas you will be travelling in to find out specifics on POSSESSING a handgun. These laws may or may not be different from concealed carry permit laws in these liberal yankee states. By possessing, I mean in your vehicle, whether it be trunk, glove box or plain view. Different states have different laws with regards to handguns in vehicles.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Someone on Long Island will chime in, but driving the length of the Island to get to Connecticut vs NYC to I95-CT is going to make for a long day. ;)

20. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Come visit me in Buffalo and help me shoval this out to get to my 32 5 window.

BC

Attached Files:

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I shoveled snow in Buffalo for 24 years....you can call my brother though! Ask me why I am heading north when it's 65º here today?

22. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Attached Files:

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's probably thru but I have to go through Long Island to hook up with Big Nick so it might work out. But I'm definitely open to suggestions.

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

Sound like you guys have a full plate! Should be a bunch of fun... take pics!

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah I'm a little nervous of fitting it all in but at the top of the list is getting all those parts which I am hoping to make a full day Friday getting all of it. Then Saturday will more more of the do what we want to do type thing. I am just trying to stay out of my Wife and her friends hair since they're doing a lot of wedding stuff etc. I guess it's good my co pilot Dustin aka sinticket is a traveling salesman and is used to putting hundreds of miles a day on his odometer.

26. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

If you are going to venture all the way out to my hometown to visit the big cheese then orient point is only about another 25 minutes.

27. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

I really advise against carrying in philly without a PA gun permit. If you're stopped in philly and you have a permit from another state, there's a very good chance you'll be arrested. It will be up to YOU to provide any paperwork that says NC has reciprical gun laws with Pa. Even then you'll likely hear "tell the judge" .

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll tell Dustin to keep the firearms at home then. No need getting entangled in a web of shit.

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Man, you sure picked a fine time of year to take a road trip! Have fun!

30. Bob 1743

Bob 1743

Someone from Long Island is chiming in, spent most of my life there, now in Charlotte. It will be a couple of hours driving to Conn. from Orient. Best route from L.I. to Conn. is the LIE to Cross Island Pkwy, Over the Throgs Neck Bridge & keep right for the New England side. Bring $$$ for tolls, it's the Northeast.

As far as bringing a gun, forget about it, or bring a lot of bail money. And a lot more for the lawyer.