Register now to get rid of these ads!

1962 Chrysler Mystery Trim?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gaskell, Jan 31, 2011.

1. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

Happy Monday Boys and Girls!

So I have this 1962 Chrysler Newport 2Dr HT.. It is missing one piece of trim (That I care about).

I have no idea what it looks like so I am going to draw on the infinate knowlage of the HAMB in the hopes that I can at least figure out what it looks like and I can start to hunt for it.

So here are the details. 1962 Chrysler Newport 2Dr HT (looks like a 300 (kinda)).
    The trim that is missing is at the front of the vent window on the drivers side.
    I have a trim piece on the passinger side in the same place. I have a hunch that it looks very much like this only a mirror/reversed version.

Any help verifying / identifying would be greatly appriciated. Pictures would be even better...

Thanks in advance y'all.

Attached Files:

2. Squablow

Squablow

I might be able to score you one of those, but it'll have to wait until spring since everything is buried in the snow right now. If you haven't found one before then, hit me up in March and I'll see what I can do.

Do you happen to have any extra '62 side trim, either door trims or front fender ones, for a Newport? I'm looking for some and I'll take whatever I can get. If you're customizing this car and want to shave any of the side trim put me in line for those pieces.

3. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

Squblow,
    Thanks man. If I find any i will keep you in mind. Was I correct in assuming that the missing piece is the mirror of the one I have?

4. Squablow

Squablow

Pretty sure it is. That piece should be the same for pretty much all 60-62 Mopar hardtop models except Imperial so it shouldn't be hard to find, but like I said if you can't find one I'm pretty sure I know where I can get one once the snow melts.

5. Probably the same on the 63-64 big cars that had the same cowl, too, wouldn't it be? Chrysler wagons and Dodge 880 hardtops?