Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do people rev their engines when they drive by your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sport fury

sport fury

just about every day a car will drive past my house and rev their engine. they know i have a hot rod. this summer the sheriff started to do this. it is good to know that they like hot rods.

2. PipeWelder81

PipeWelder81

yea i used to have that happen a lot when i lived at my parents house yet. the setup of the garages faced the road, and everyone could see in when they drove by. My friends would always rev it up, or stop and bust a big burnout and then you have the people you dont know who still drive by and rev it up. haha! yea its kinda funny. the back road i live on now doesnt have much traffic at all so those days are over haha.

3. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah!... Some kids cruise by and rev up their little fart boxes when I have mine sitting in the driveway... I tell ya, those things really sound like shit!... Kinda makes me want to run into the bathroom.. :eek:

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

It sounds like the sheriff is calling ya out. What ever ya do let him win.;)

5. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

6. When I moved to SoCal in 69...I remember the Lowriders rapping their pipes when they drove by a cute chick's house. I lived between 2 babes, and i remember a click into neutral...loud rapping....click back into drive...idling a few more feet to the other chicks house.....click into neutral again....loud rapping....click drive and gone. Pretty entertaining stuff

7. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

All the time, my buddies mostly, none of us have working horns so that's how we say hey.

8. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Around here we just do that in front of houses where we know gay-- oh never mind

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

yes, I teach high school auto mechanics so naturally when any of my students drive by, regardless if I have any of the "hot rods" in the driveway, I always receive a drive-by revving. My neighbors love me! Muscle cars, riced out imports, lifted diesel trucks, they all do it when they go by.

10. heh thats why i do it lol

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Yep....even with the wrecked Shoebox in the drive...

12. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Our shop is just off the main road and has a 3/4 mile straight...we have observed many 100 mph + passes by.........and yep, there is always at least one ricer and a few flowmasterMustangs that grate on yer nerves. Funny, they never do it when we have race cars sitting outside.
    M.

13. When I was in high school it happened all the time. I'm guilty of it too!

14. i have a exhaust shop
    and everyone raps off their pipes when they go by

thinking i will be impressed???:cool:
    im old and hate the noise:p

15. NC Bonez

NC Bonez

I get revved on frequently and the ocassional burn out too!

16. stone33

stone33

its the same at our shop

17. When I have my 55 Chev wagon out in front of my screenprint shop I get guys in their jacked up (off!) pickup trucks putting it to the wood.

I think it's funny, they think they're cool.

They need to get a hot rod truck!

www.highspeedmotorsports.com

18. sport fury

sport fury

me and my friend never knocked on each others doors. we just drove by and reved our engines. if you drove by again you usually saw your friend standing outside in front of their house. some parents thought is was stupid. it was kind of stupid but we did not care.

19. monstermachine

monstermachine
    from Michigan

I moved into our house in the country 4 years ago. All hours of the day and night cars would stop in front of our neighbors house and burn out or bare minimum rev and take off, come to find out he has been a sheriff in our town for almost 30 years. There are always cool cars driving by!

20. Mac_55

Mac_55

Yup , even clear out here in the sticks .

21. AllenK

AllenK

Oh yes! I got that the whole time I lived on one of the main drags here. You could see my C10 and Formula from the street,and every redneck/punk that came by would rack a pipe at me. I even had a log truck stop and do it!

22. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

I got a '30 coupe back in December, sitting in the drive way and when I'm out there working on it I average about one person an hour coming up and ask me what my plans are for it. Doesn't help that there's a Legion a cross the street and a school two blocks down the street.

23. Old Heap

Old Heap

All the tuner friends of my neighbor's kid do that crap. Sounds like a beehive.

A lady down the street backs out of her driveway every friggin morning in a late model Caddy, she floors it to the end of the street then stabs the brakes.

My neighbor across the street wants to teach her a lesson. He says he's gonna rig up a tricycle with a rope, fake kid, and yank it across in front of her. I told him it won't be as funny with her damn car in one of our living rooms.

24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yeah, it's fucking annoying.

25. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky
    from So.Cal

All the time...mostly my family though.

26. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Your lucky they do hole shots by my house and piss me and the neighbors off ,

27. t5stang91

t5stang91

happens all the time in the summer, everyone can also see in my garage when im workin or drinkin in there. usually couple burnouts a week, i love it

28. cheap1

cheap1

That's hillarious. I thought it was just me :D