Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects AND IT BEGINS......51 merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Amaproracin, Dec 4, 2010.

1. hunter

hunter

i'm friends with dave...and actually he doesn't know Rik... but we're going to move on with no hard feelings...cause this is about a merc....not a boxing match....

and yeah the car is going to be low....very low, but last time i checked theres lots of very low cars here on the hamb....i'm not a mini trucker..and never was, but i'm building this car with the help of the guys that work for me...and they too have never been mini truckers...but hot rodders for a long time. i'm not here to show disrespect to the guys who have been on here for a while...this isn't about FNG's and newbies....we're just guys who like to build low mean hot rods and customs....with that said....look out for more pictures and the build updates to come. :cool:

2. deto

deto

beat me to it. You win again...

3. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

No problem, hunter. I imagined it was all in jest, it just came off as uncouth. Tough to tell when you're just reading it, you know?

I, too, am looking forward to see where this ends up. It looks like a very interesting build.

4. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

looks like a good start...the usual rocker rot that they all have here on the east coast. Keep the progress reports coming. Nice project

5. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

I talked to Mike today hell of a nice guy.

Inner rocker you say. I heard there brutal to do.

6. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

The background is.... Got the car delivered from South Carolina in 2004. And it sat, and sat... So it's been seasoning for a few good years.

Then I bought a 65 Lincoln Continental Convertible to cruz in for when the merc gets worked on. But that never happened. Money got tight which in turn sadly I had to sell the lcc. (I'll post some pics of it).

So this year my works picked up. Got some cash to throw down, got the ok from the wife!!! And the merc build begins. I am so stoked!!!!!!!!

7. Nice, good luck. If you put billet 17's on it we are gonna hound you forever.

How far from Rehoboth DE are you, we go there every other year to the aunt's beach house. I'll post some new pics of my Merc before Xmas.

8. hunter

hunter

someone says mini truck and everyones panties get in a bunch... no billet kids...no lambo doors, no stupid stuff....man you guys jump to stuff too fast...just chill and let us post pictures...wow...you guys amaze me

9. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

Billet 17's?? are serious? i only have a pic of steelies on my profile!! :cool:

About a half hour north of rehoboth beach.

Do you have a thread about your merc?

10. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

Here some pics of the LCC.. 3in drop in the rear... black steelies.. bellflowers.. etc

Attached Files:

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

no stupid stuff..... so the frame will not be sitting on the floor?:cool:

12. willburton7

willburton7

nice job, I think that i looked at this car befor i got mine, Think i still have pics of it somewhere. Hell my 51 is bagged and laying frame too. Build it like YOU want it and they can build theirs the way THEY like them.

13. klazurfer

klazurfer

Excellent Thread :) Nice framework :) Please keep us posted !!
    Klaz

14. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

Got to love pictures...

Attached Files:

15. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

Still have the front to work on. Waiting on bags.

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

this is gonna be a nice car man. keep up with the progress pics. looks awesome so far.

17. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

Thanks a lot!!!! There working hard over there at sixdeuces. They have a rad 52 chevy. All bagged out. Check um out www.sixdeuces.com

18. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

That's Werid.!!!

19. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Looks like a kool build. Can't wait to see what goes down with the body.

20. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

[​IMG]

More pictures coming...

21. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Gonna be cool....keep us posted!:D

22. As long as they are womens panties, I'll look .. :D

23. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Nice build. Looks like a legit shop. Didn't see any mini trucks on their site. They must think us hamb'rs are a bunch of geeks with comments like those.

24. hunter

hunter

the intake is for hahas but every thing else is pretty much going to be cleaned up and used. stock column and wheel. manifolds will be smoothed and done in cast, finned valve covers and most likely will have more than one carb. stock front end with a little notching here and there and the air bags and cups were installed. mustang rear tank mounted and raised so no worry about dragging the ground.....yeah if you took a second to get to know us...we aren't mini truckers at all...or none of us have even owned one...but whatever, people gotta have something to get all excited about.....body is getting blasted next week and we'll have it on the frame soon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  26. Amaproracin

Amaproracin
    from Delaware

Off to the blaster!!! [​IMG]

27. Not a big fan of "laying frame",but I LOVE Mercs!!!!!! So,i'll be watching your build. I'm more of an "Old School" looking Merc guy. Looks like the work is nice. I think your rear bag mounts are gonna interfere with the back seat area though. Hard to tell...
    Are you planning on chopping it?

28. big bad john

big bad john

........Been following your thread.....sure looks great....love those merc's

29. Irapua

Irapua
    from Brazil

Kool, keep us posted when the steps growup!