Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949-54 chevy pedals...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sledbuilder, Jan 28, 2011.

1. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

anyone ever swith out the floor mounted pedals to hanging pedals... I want to switch my single master out for a dual master...in a stick car. Would tri-5 pedals work?
    thanks jason

2. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I swapped in a '64 Impala column, under dash mount from the Impala's dash, and the pedals into my '50 fleetline years ago. I don't have any pictures but is was only a weekends worth of work, and worked out great.

3. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

nice! I'm thinking it would be a great option... dual master...and cheap! I may have to convert to a floor shift, but thats ok. Thanks, anyone else?

4. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

5. gsport

gsport

i'm doing it right now on my 50'... but, i actually used a kit from waltons fabrication, easy bolt in setup

6. badsco

badsco

I made a new thicker bolt in plate at the top of the firewall to mount my master/booster on my 54 (replaced the sheet metal one that originally mounted the regulator on the back side of the gauge cluster). I robbed the donor vehicle for the bracket that held the pedals mounts on the back side of the booster. Worked out really well for me, though I ended up making the plate taller to lower the master/booster down quite a bit (almost all the way down to the vent inlet) so I could use the stock length of pedal so I didnt have to change the leverage of things.

7. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

8. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

what the kit include...look like?
    thanks!

9. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

I swapped mine to a dual but left it under the floor. Made up a new mount for the clutch and brake pedal pivots so I could keep them looking original. I've got some photos in my album of the mount and mc hooked up. Only had to make the access hole in the floor a little bigger.

10. aldixie

aldixie

I used a setup out of a 86 Camaro. Works well, made a strengthening plate for the firewall and tied it all into the dash for strength. Without it the firewall will flex.

11. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

that looks awesome! anymore photo's of it...like when you were building it? thanks

12. flyinggoose

flyinggoose

I used a '55 pedal set-up for my '51 Styleline. It works just fine but they hang out a little far from the firewall for some people's taste. I just drilled a few extra holes in the firewall and it mounted up fine. I did add discs up front but don't like the look of a vacuum booster so I don't have power but it stops just fine with enough pedal pressure.

13. gsport

gsport

here ya go.. an easy swap, i'm plumbing it tomorrow
    includes master cylinder, under dash brackets, pedal, and i got a brake light kit with it too..
    [​IMG]

14. A.D.D. INC.

A.D.D. INC.

I've got a tri-five set up if you need it!

15. tomc

tomc

You can save yourself alot of time by gutting the stock master cylinder and running a rod all of the way through it and mount your master cylider behind it. There is room for a small booster as well. Leaving the pedals in stock position

16. i used swing pedals that came out of a cj5 jeep to much fab work.

17. 54 chevy power brake car had swinging brake pedal. Works great if you have an automatic.

18. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

Tommy's? whats he lookin to get for them?