Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did your first car go????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Nov 18, 2010.

1. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

no idea where it went, 68 f-100, lowered with some custom bodywork, a big ass outlaw cowl hood and a built 410Fe, ran high 12's. sold it to a kid who was replacing a honda accord that he thought was a race car. i figured he would wad it up within a week but it made it to at least 1 more owner. it was sighted from time to time for a couple years after that but has since disappeared.

2. A Duece Bruce

A Duece Bruce

Mine was a 53 Merc 4 door. Me and my buddies tried to destroy that car, drove it around for months after I put the fan through the radiator doing doughnuts. No water in it at all, and it still got to school and back. Got two flats in front of a shell station in San Rapfael and gave it to the mechanic, who fixed it up for a parts car. It's long lost now. That was the early 60's. My love for flatties lives on!

3. my first car (mgb) went to the crusher.. was so rusty the doors wouldn't open without yanking on them as hard as ya could. sold the engine and trans and rear.

4. Still have mine 47 chev truck, got it when i was 15 ( im 27 now). It's on its second resto and due for a third soon i think.

[​IMG]

5. ecrinc

ecrinc
    from delaware

My first car 1969 nova. Pulled out in front of some lady and she out the fart hammer to my poor nova but the parts still live on!

6. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

It was a 67 Camaro. The dude that bought it, kissed a telephone pole with it about a month after I sold it. End of story.

7. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

My first ended up at the junk yard, It was totaled after some stupid tourist pulled in front of me.

8. Sold it to my brother in 1983 and he still has it sitting in a barn an will not sell it back to me.

9. <--------

Still got it....still parked on the spot where it was originally built almost 20 years ago.

10. Davi-Rotten

Davi-Rotten
    from il

Sold it to a salvage yard like a retard . They pulled the rocket out and stuffed it In a old tow rig and smashed the car :(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  11. Left it on consignment at Hot Rods by Boyd. They sold it to a guy that brought it to Texas....haven't seen it since I dropped it off. Anyone seen it?
    [​IMG]

12. jokerjason

jokerjason

Still have her since 1987. JOKER JASON.

Attached Files:

• 56.jpg
      56.jpg
      File size:
      76.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

<---1957 Buick Super, got it when I was 15, about to turn 19 now. I still have it and am still working on it.

14. Killer

Killer

1956 Chevy

[​IMG]

still have it. 22 years. Its in a million pieces right now...

15. SOHC427

SOHC427

64 Galaxie, still sitting next to the shop....... Someday I will put it back on the road.

16. das858

das858

My first one,a 1938 International pick-up, is now owned by a new friend that I started going to car shows and Friday night cruise's with about 3 years ago. We were casually talking about some of our cars one night when I found out he had it. I can buy it back at any time.

17. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

mine was a 67 lemans cpe, its sitting 2 blocks from my house in a field, dudes gonna restore it "someday"

18. spot

spot
    from usa

Totaled in a head-on. Other drivers fault. I walked away with on a few scraps. Took the insurance settlement and kept the truck. Still have it in storage for the past 26 years. Hope to use some of its parts on another build someday.

19. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I still have mine, 50 ford pickup with a hot sbc and a muncie 4 speed. Gary

20. adamshumard

adamshumard

79 malibu classic 2dr ht. Sittin in a line of my "to be redone" cars. Been offered more than it was worth numerous times and just refuse to let it go. Not the coolest car in the world but it was my first. That makes it a one of a kind in my books.

21. ironpile

ironpile

Mine was a 34 5window.Don`t know where it is but if I had a chance I sure would get it back.

22. [​IMG]

In my garage, purchased in 1974

23. First one that was registered in my name, I still have, sitting. Cost more to redo than it's worth, but I miss driving it. '60 Pontiac Catalina 4dr with a 389 and 2bbl carb - handled great, gobs of power, would cruise down the highway at 75 all day long and feel like you were sitting on a living room couch.

24. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

First car was a '60 Renault Dauphine I bought for $37.50 (towing fees) when my buddy blew the head gasket. My dad had the head shaved and I drove the car for two years until the front suspension got twisted on a depressed manhole. I drove it to the dump.
    Second car was a $55 '57 Belair from a police auction with crushed rear fender, cracked block, no chrome or interior. Installed an interior, a friend's smokey '61 vette engine and a junkyard rear fender. I put about 20,000 miles on it in 12 months. I sold it for $250 to a guy named Clarence and never saw it again.
    Third car was a '65 Corvair that I swapped a 350 into the rear. Saved the engine, cut it up and moved it to the dump.
    Car four is a '69 Camaro I got in 1973. Drove it to 1989. Now sitting in a rental garage waiting for time, space and money to restore.

25. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

My first car was a 52 ford. Got totaled out in a head on collision thanksgiving day 1959. I got busted up pretty good to. Made me a believer in seat belts. Not much fun smashing into a steering wheel and dash unresrained.

26. RichG

RichG

It's sitting in a rock pit rotting away on my wife's uncles place, he won't sell it back to me :(

27. This evening got a phone call
    the guy who bought it off E Bay called
    it never went to canada
    it is in grants pass oregan
    he wants to restore it to my original build

28. junk yard!!!!!!, but I still have my second car '60 elco.

29. I had a 66 El Camino as my first car. Drunk driver ran into it while it was parked on the street and basically totaled the bed. The rest of the car was torn apart and sold at swap meets and the SB 327 was pulled out and put into a 51 Chevy PU i picked up about 2 years later. I wish i still had that Elco though. It was the first project of mine my dad and i worked on together.

30. caseyajones

caseyajones

Where did my first car go?--I'm wondering the same thing. I built a 37 Ford in the early 60s starting at age 14--finished at 16--went through a couple of owners after me and just a few years ago heard the body went to California for a fresh build. Any of you Californians know of a 37 ford bought in La Grande, Oregon. I can give you early history. Contact me. [email protected]

Attached Files: