Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any 40-47 ford pickup PICS???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyard junky, Feb 15, 2006.

1. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

I have a 46 ford pu truck cab and doors. I am wanting to build it fenderles. I have searched for pictures of a fenderless truck like this and have not came up with anything? I am thinking that the indentation where the fenders bolt to the cab are going to make the cab look weird. Any help or suggestions?

2. Friend of mine is building a fendered 46 pickup for a customer. I don't have a picture that shows the 3" chop but it was not that difficult. About 20 hours metal work. Really looks good. I'll take some pictures for you if you like.

I have a picture of the fabricated firewall. the toe boards were also pushed forward 6". I an 6'2" tall and fit very comfortably, top chop and all.

You can see the fender line in the cowel. There is not much to it. A good metal man could cover those up. But why? What is wrong with filling the holes and finish painting?

Attached Files:

3. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Yeah take some pics if you could. I am also trying to see how much I want to chop it. I just don't know about the fender thing. I am just digging the indention for the fender.

4. Found a couple of pictures that will give you an idea of the top chop. Actually, I was taking a picture of the fabricator at work. The cab is almost vertical on the sides and back. It came down very nicely. The 3" drop resulted in a gap of about 1.5" across the top. The drip rail was restored with a filler from the piece cut out of the front post. The center was filled with a 2.5" strip of 10 guage fitted under the roof and welded across. The resulting depression will be filled with fiberglass when the body is prepped for paint.

Attached Files:

5. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

6. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

7. Brooding Swede

Brooding Swede

Here is an old project thats on the back burner for now... Chopped 4" with '35 wheels and a wide model A '31 or '32 bed that needs to be shorten and a '33 or '34 grill shell. This is just a mock up. Hope this helps

Attached Files:

8. baumer

baumer
    from Wapato

Here's an 8 inch chop.

Attached Files:

9. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Here's mine I've started collecting parts for, so far I've got a '46 cab chop half done, will have a '40 std hood & grille. Tube frame (similar to pic 3), '59 283 & glide.

40 BODY.JPG

59' 283 2.JPG

tube frame.jpg

'40 scan.jpg

10. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Here's my '46. 3 inch chop, custom grille, 460 V8.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  11. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Now its driveable:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. indaworx40

indaworx40
    from New York

Here's one I've always liked. Good luck on your project.

Attached Files:

13. reaper71

reaper71

This may not be what your looking for but this is a friend's truck they are building (41) hope this helps in any way.:cool:

Attached Files: