Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. 101 Skool a newbie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by solidaxle, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

OK you old timers need to ejamacate us newbies on what not to do on this site. I read the rules and I 'm not cussing or dis'en anybody but my darn posts keep getting deleted. So how about it, help us out and none of that silly stuff this is serious.

What the heck is a Hokey ass??

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. rick finch

rick finch

Try this....instead of posting, look, listen & learn. Also, the search function is your friend.:)

3. If you're gonna post anything about something newer than '64 it better be REALLY cool or you're gonna get flamed

4. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

That must be why my 72 got kicked off of the classifieds

5. lorodz

lorodz

rat rod anything is forbidden
    only pre 64 if im correct unless cool as shit
    no rice rockets
    do a search before you ask for info on anything
    no politics
    no b.s

thanks have a nice day ..

6. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

When you show progress pics or write what it is you're doing or trying, be ready of varied levels of criticism.
    At the same time, do your best not to respond overly defensively to this, or it will only make matters worse.
    Some people might come to your defense with their own experience to yours.
    You just never know.
    Hope this helps.

7. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

How about skirts? not the wheel ones ethier.

8. striper

striper

Unless your legs are REALLY good, I wouldn't wear one.

9. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Not in public anyway

10. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Remember, if you have to ask - you just don't get it.

11. School is the correct spelling. Anything else is pretending to be some kind of scenester* or what ever. Same for the use of 'z' in place of 's'.

* actually, scenesters are pretending.

12. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

It's a tuff crowd... You will!, Sink or Swim... there's Shark's in them waters... Welcome

13. There's some really good folks here too. Like a previous poster said, look and listen for a while so you can get the feel of what goes on here.

BTW, thanks for askin'.

14. Gator

Gator

Obviously you didn't. from the classified rules:

CARS for sale
    Each item listed must include at least a body and a rolling frame. Cars and Trucks only. Motorcycles should be listed at www.jockeyjournal.com
    THE CUTOFF IS 1964. Unless the vehicle shares the EXACT same body style. NO VW'S or Mustangs. There are plenty of other sites for them.

15. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I'm here to learn and have some fun. I don't take offense to much, most posts guys are just being sarcastic

16. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Before I decided to join the HAMB , I was on the forum for almost 2 years just watching how things were , how it was run , looked at what they had to offer me and I really watched to see what you should & shouldn't do .

Then I decided that this is the kind of people I want to associate with and the way I have always loved the "Traditional" Hot Rods and the way they were and what they stood for .
    Yes we cuss , and say things we shouldn't but I can't tell you what you are doing wrong .
    Can you tell us what got deleted ? If you are talking about your buddies hopper and shit like that , yep it will be delete . Do you make a wanted items in the parts for sale , then it will be delete . If you seem to think that what you want to talk about has nothing to do with traditional hotrods then yes you will get delete .
    So if you stick to the rules of the pre 65 car , trucks or what ever was made at that time and you ask questions about something that pertains to that items and years , then you should be OK , UNLESS you are just reposting something that has already been posted . BEFORE you make a post about something you would like to learn , FIRST do a simple search to see how many other threads have already been discussed . I will bet you that this is why the have been deleted . These are the most common things that will get you deleted besides racial comments & harassment . Then you will get your nuts cut off and handed to you !
    If you have a question about a Ford or how to rebuild a Ford engine just send me a PM . I will be more than happy to help you with your problem . If it's another style of car , still ask and I will do my best to help you out .
    One other thing to look at where you won't get deleted is look at all the "Groups" that are offered for a wide variety of things from any walk of live , style or just about anything you can think of . You might feel at home better in a group because the groups are for a particular thing .
    Give it a try and maybe you will find something you like . Also a very good way to meet some friends that just might live right down the street from you !
    You won't find a better place to learn anything you can dream of about the pre 65 auto industry !

Retro Jim

17. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I read the rules, just didn't comprehend them very well. It's like instructions. he he

18. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Not in public..... ever again !.

The fact that you have asked the question shows that you have potential. Newbie, go get me a beer and we'll talk some more.

Damn, as you are now, I once was.. How the F did that happen ?

All the best,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

19. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Thanks Jim.
    Advise taken

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Remember Billet wheels suck...Dolphin gauges will get you shot...Rrraa Aa t R oo od s.....suck also. Green is the new black and SBC's suck also according to some that know it all. Buy it and build it safe and have fun. Lots of ball busters here because we have nothing else better to do. Oh and remember mopar742000 that is Muttley's cousin.

21. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

So what is a Hokey ass?. I've goggled it and nothing but this message board pops up. Should I take offense if someone calls me as one?

22. did you at least try cussing?:D

23. furyus

furyus
    from Virginia

I've been on scores of forums covering a variety of subjects over the past decade and the HAMB certainly is, far and away, the most interesting. There is an amazing amount of knowledge here and folks seem to turn up with some extremely cool stories and pics. Love the place.

But it's an Internet forum.

Having to ask how to behave on this or any forum is ridiculously silly. And the "your off to a good start" responses are a bunch of ego masturbation from "old hands."

I'm listening to the news while I browse and this Egyptian civilian was just screaming "I've got nothing to lose! I've got nothing to lose!" as he went to battle his own corrupt government. Meanwhile we're all having a big circle-jerk about how to behave in make-believe land.

furyus

24. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Solidaxel , If you aren't sure or just want to ask a question , just sent a PM .
    Hope that helps you some .

Retro Jim

25. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I got sign off and hit the hay. Got to get up early and meet a bud . Keep the advise coming.

26. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Act like it's your first day at a new job.

27. beanis

beanis

Ouch! the truth hurts.

28. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

What if the job sucks?

Do's
    reread the rules
    ask questions
    research, research research

Dont's
    Start a thread about patina, r*t r*ds, How much you think this is worth, or about anything post 64.
    Bitch
    etc.......

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Post-'64, I think you mean.

And if the job sucks, quit. I doubt we'll mind.

30. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Thanks, I f-ed that up!

One more thing!
    Make sure you check all your posts for correct spelling, punctuation and any errors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.