Register now to get rid of these ads!

Young hambers--WHo are you n' what are you working on??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by begborrowandsteel, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Qparker

Qparker

I'm 16 and working on my '48 chevy pickup, blown 292 straight six in the making, own a running 52 willys jeep, and a rusty ol' 40's chevy coupe and chrystler straight 8.

Currently driving an '88 Scottsdale, 6" lift, 35's, and a 472 big block caddy!

2. willinthe985

willinthe985
    from Houma, La

Can't really say I'm a true hamber, but in spirit I am. :p Have a 96, GMC that I'm bagging soon and a little lancer I just bought that I play around with. Would love to get an old 30's pickup cab and do a whole scratch-built frame and suicide front end. You know, cool stuff like that.

3. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Flat black with pin striping??

Hope this gives you some inspiration:

I almost bought this Caddy. He's selling for $1500.

[​IMG]

I'll send you a few more photos.

4. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I'm only 14...but love the old stuff! I have a 1980 Ford Pickup I bought when I was 12.....and to be honest...I only bought it to "have it" and it was cheap. $250, and only spent around $5 to get it running. (Needed oil, gas, and rewire the solenoid) The guy I bought it from put so much new stuff on it too! Reese hitch, new tail lights, Sony stereo with two huge speakers behind the seat. I put a new seat cover on there. It's got a new 5 spd tranny with a 300 Inline 6. He bought a new stick shift to "hot rod" (it had 3 on the tree) It has new distributor cap and plugs, plug wires. The only thing it needs is a tailgate and a drivers side window track.

I've had people tell me I could get $1500 tops and maybe $1200 lowest. When I do sell it, it will be towards a hot rod fund. I'd really like to build a Model A hot rod based off of this http://classicroad.com/modelA/index.htm I figure that it would be the cheapest of my favorite cars to have. I'd also want a 56 Ford Fairlane, 56' Caddy, and 40' Ford coupe. But those are for when I'm older with more money.

-Cody

5. I'm 17 and working on a budget '34 truck. And I mean budget, I've been trying to swap and get freebies to put this one together. Alls I need is a frame and I'm set for awhile.
    (Anyone got any leads on a '34 frame let me know!:D)

6. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

man, when I was that age I only dreamed about cars and would ride my skateboard everywhere!

7. cavemag

cavemag

I'm 17 and the only project I have is an 0/t 80 Jeep Cj7. Thinking about trading the late 70's 350 for a cammed up 360.

8. Rose Racing

Rose Racing

Well I dont know how I missed this thread but heres who I am my name is Jonathan im 18 and my daily driver is a 78 dodge manaco with a 318 and a 2 barrel that im going to take of and replace with a dual plane manifold and a holley 4 barrel and im going to install flowmasters.My other car is a bracket racing no-box pinto with a 460 big block ford with trickflow heads,intake,and a holley dominator it runs 10.30s at 140MPH in the quarter and im trying to get a job at a local dodge dealer working at the parts counter and really I wish more girls were into cars it sucks being laughed at all the time at school for getting an actual job and working on cars when everone else plays football or other crap and all the gals follow them around:(oh well and also the rest of you guys who posted in this thread have some very very badass rides!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  9. Rose Racing

Rose Racing

also here is a picture of the car(new piant scheme coming soon!!!)

[​IMG]

10. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

I've been looking for a thread like this for a long time. I've posted a threa, but figured I'd post in here too.

Got a '27 Model T with a 355, 2spd, ford 9 inch rear, all steel when I was 16 with my 19 year old brother, paid cash, and paid for everything on it, except my dad gave us his tires/rims off his camaro. Paid by buying/selling things, working pressure washing, saving since a kid and not buying anything I didn't need.
    Now 17 and soon about to redo the whole thing. Daily driver to school. I have a good auto body at school.

[​IMG]

If you want to see my thread, its in my signature below. Thanks

11. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

My Dad gave me the 72' when I was 15 and told me to take it down to the frame and I now use it as a daily driver. I am now 18 and I just picked up the 55' last summer.

Attached Files:

12. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hey everyone I'm 14, yes 14!! I dont have a project yet but Im looking for one this winter. Im looking to buy a station wagon or 50's chevy or ford to make into a mild custom! I hope to find something.
    - Jason

13. slowmobile

slowmobile
    from new york

16, working on a
    1937 nash Lafayette that's chopped, 1970 Oldsmobile 442 400 motor, auto tranny, this one's my dad's
    '92 ranger,three liters of failure, shaved, eventually going to be lowered 3-5 inches. mine
    '88 mustang McLaren, 5.0 but parts are stupid expensive because its a F*#$in mclaren. step-mom's. 200-+ for goddamn TAILLIGHT LENSES!

14. Coke-bottle

Coke-bottle

I thought I was young enough.. I'm 26 but not under 18.
    Anyway I began @ 19 And I think I was very young.. but you guys are VERY young.

For my experience this is the best passion ever, better than stupid videogame and brain eater shit!

15. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

My name is Mike and I just turned 20. Here is my 1957 Mercury Monterey, soon to be fixed up as a traditional mild kustom.

[​IMG]

16. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

This is the best thread I have ever read. Its great to see so many young guys are still interested in cars. Keep up the good work guys!