Register now to get rid of these ads!

a few pics of my 58 from its hibernation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Impalaguy1958, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

if interested here a few pictures of my impala after we dragged it out of storage. this was in setember of this year, too lazy to try to figure out how to update the time and date on my digital camera.

John Mc

Attached Files:

2. slammed

slammed

348? All the part's there? Gonna be a custom? Gasser?

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Very kool...another FiftyH8tr....it looks like a great start...like slammed asked..whats the plan?? It looks like one i looked at lastweek.....Love these things!!

4. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

Lost about half my trim and interior pieces in a microburst that dropped a tree on my best friends garage, still digging parts up. its mostly complete between it and its parts car. have several 348s couple of tri-powers it was yard drivable up till a month ago, muncie 4spd 370gears and a posi. want a mild custom, no body mods except removing the "sights" off the top of the fenders. its a west coast car..boxed frame and one piece bumpers

5. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

The plan is yellow with a white top, old school interior, probably chrome reverse wheels. I posted about some advice on 348 cam possibilities. i bought a set of original 350 horse pistons at the belleville il swap meet last week that has the valve reliefs. i hear there are alot of valve clearance issues with the w motors. also trying to come up with a set of headers

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  6. 58 John

58 John

love the 58's best of all....keep us posted, putting mine away for the winter, got a few things to do...then on to getting my latest project underway..

7. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I maybe to help ya out on the trim & etc..When you get everything together let me know whats missing or you need.

8. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

I was lucky with this car. A woman my ex wife worked with transfered from California to Kentucky and brought it with her. Except for the rear lowers having a little rust the rest of the car was rust free. Unfortunately is was an extreme low rider and the lower control arms and crossmember were destroyed. Been almost 10yrs locating bits and pieces here and there. The hardest was finding straight shift pedals and linkages and moldings

John Mc

9. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

Thanks Rat, may I ad you as a friend on here so I can keep up? I called a place on the east coast to fix and polish my mildly damaged parts

10. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

For sure...i gotcha...Whats the place you called?? Most our stuff has to go West & id be willing to make sure your stuff is secure or done right. We'll def stay in touch....

11. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

His name is Bob Mayle in depue NY. I think stainlessresto.com. A dude in Texas wanted 2700 for minor repair and factory finish. Mayle was I think a buck 30 a foot for repair and show finish if it was under 1/2 wide. Don't quote me on price for sure but he said it would be quite a bit less with show polish

12. cooltoys1

cooltoys1
    from Buffalo NY

I know Bob, His work is by far the best ive seen. Look him up, you will not regret it!

13. locorider

locorider

Yes sirrrr another FiftyH8er for sure!:D I like how you got the H8er part correct. Thats what we do, talk about 58s and help each other out...Long time no talk Rat

A microburst and a fallen tree!!! Welcome to the FiftyH8er crew man!:eek:
    Like Rat said, if you need any help locating parts I may be able to help too.

14. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

The microburst thing sucked, fall of 2008. I had all my tools, welder and most of my parts in my friends garage, luckily my car wasn't in there to make room for a jeep project he was working on. What the tree didn't kill the compressor explosion finished. I found a 348 rocker arm in the alley 100' away

15. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Dont be H8tin...i fat fingered it & also remember i'm 3hrs ahead of ya'll so it was mad late....LMAO...I left ya a couple messages Hess about a week ago...Give me a shout when you get a minute....AND whats that in your avatar?? You change things up or let me guess??..Its a 58 283???...RLMAO..As for the stainless I think that Bob guy did some work for a guy i work with who is redoing a Camaro...Depew aint that far from me either so like i offered...I will help where i can.

16. locorider

locorider

Im not h8ting :D Thats how we always put it down... mostly cuz we'll talk about someone else's 8 and it sounds like we H8ting...hahaha... I got a new number, I'll pm you that.... nope I've not changed things up, Im still working on my rag and that in the avi; yup 58 283 with 58 tripower carbs:eek:

17. locorider

locorider

Thats Crazzzzzyyyyy:eek::eek: Good thing no one was hurt:)

18. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

I'll post some pics later, you can see what's left of our 64 1/2 stangs tailights poking out of the carnage

19. Sauli

Sauli

Wow! Good to see another ´58 Impala -owner on here, looks like You have a pretty solid builder there! Even though it may be entirely different from the rest of the ´58 Chevies from the cowl on back, luckily at least Your suspension parts can be sourced from other ´58s!

20. Satinblack

Satinblack

Welcome to the HAMB Impalaguy, shoot me a PM, I have a 58 too and there are a few posts of my progress. Goodluck Satinblack

21. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

22. dirty4

dirty4

Chrome reverse with baby moons?? thats a great combo!
    I love those `58s

23. slammed

slammed

3.70 posi? Dammnnnn, I'd like that under my ride. Check the Feb. 2010 Rod and Custom issue out.

24. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

25. 58 John

58 John

Lookin' good...I painted my 1st 58 yellow, originally black......but 6 months later back to black........Man, she was pretty in yellow tho

26. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

Thanks! Mine was factory black on black, hope it looks as good as I picture it in my mind. Now I have to come up with quite a few trim pieces but really excited. Hope to have it at the Hot Rod Reunion this year

27. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

i know BOB Mayle he was in a car club with my old man when i was growing up. I still see him often ,as far as his stainless steel restoration is concerened i have not seen better.he is so busy its krazy ,he does tons of work that comes in from out of country restorers,he has done all my polishing since my first hot rod if u use him defenately use my name .i also picked up a 55 chevy about 8 years ago in Paducah near a nuke plant if I recall

28. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

The bomb plant is within a mile from my house, I bet you bought your 55 from Tex Lampkin

29. UncleJoey

UncleJoey

Gotta love the 58's. I've got a 2 door hardtop Belair and am pluggin away at a severely rusted Impala now. Going a similar route as you...348 tri-power, mild custom. Gonna be a long time in the works though. If I can figure out how to post pics I would. Avatar is my Belair.

30. Impalaguy1958

Impalaguy1958
    from Paducah Ky

Your BelAir looks great! I have a 58 impala I bought for the trim and seat frames that were detroyed when we lost the garage that is probably the rustiest I have ever seen. I don't believe there is a single body part salvagable