Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I'm learning to use my 2 week old Photo Shop and I think it was designed for someone with a brain a lot larger than mine. Pretty tough to learn but I'll keep plugging away. Great stuff here in this thread. It gives me some inspiration.

2. capussotto

capussotto
    from Argentina

Like this?

[​IMG]

3. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

hey all
    i'm wondering if any photoshop savvy HAMBer could change the color of my Cadillac?
    I'd like to see the light blue changed to this putty color with a black roof.
    Thanks.

Ted
    www.LeatherByTed.com

Attached Files:

4. Im diggin this thread.
    Hey fellas im fairly new here and have been lurking this one on and off, admiring the the work by James D and others who are graciously lending their awesome PS skills and creating some pretty tight visions for you potential customizers. Having some experience in this area as well I was wondering if I could join the fun?

I took a few minutes to toy with jbtines rightous hemi-rod.
    I know a roof chop isnt something simple but thought I would throw out the idea cause it looks so badass. Other than that I thought a darker matte paint job would look better and help the chrome and red areas of the engine and wheels pop more. Some added pin striping always pumps the cool factor on these rods.
    Again I hope this is cool for me to crash the party here and I hope jb doesnt mind my modifying his very kick-ass ride.

[​IMG]

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Oldmanolds, I have a terminal case of cranial flatulence and if I can learn this stuff you can. Just keep at it. :D By the way I like the Dynamo Hum line in your signature, haven't heard that Frank Zappa tune in years. Oh boy, now I ain't gonna be able to get it out of my head! LOL

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  6. capussotto

capussotto
    from Argentina

I like your work, Ted.

Salut!
    [​IMG]

7. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

hi Capussotto
    thank you for the quick photoshop!!!!!
    this Cad is just a rendering (done by JamesD).
    my Cad gets picked up this weekend and chopped up by Flop (Pittsburgh).
    Can't fucking wait.
    So i'm just looking at colors now.
    Thanks again for you help!!

8. BlockBuster

BlockBuster
    from SEMass

Thanks Capusotto. I like the look.

9. briansbrother

briansbrother
    from sacramento

Anybody want to take a stab at it? 1949 Chrysler New Yorker 2 Door Coupe. I'm planning a relatively straightforward custom, 5 inch chop in the front, 4 in the back, nice sloped rear window, probably slant the B pillars forward a bit, shaved door handles and logos, probably also remove the tail lights and gas filler. Satin maroon paint job, lowered about 5 inches. I've tried to mock this thing up, but my photoshop skills SUCK and I always end up with a mess. I've also searched the HAMB for months now to see if anybody has a 49 Chrysler 2 door chop thread but haven't found one.

Feel free to have fun, mild or wild, just would love to see my or others visions for this car in photo form! Many thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

10. Here is one from a while back. The chop may be a tick too much, but the trick is to get that kink out of the rear side window frame. The rear fenders are extended forwards too, to bring some balance.

[​IMG]

And a stocker for comparison.

[​IMG]

11. Russian

Russian

here's some food for Your brain :cool:

Attached Files:

12. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind putting some red scallops on my Monarch?

[​IMG]

13. briansbrother

briansbrother
    from sacramento

Wow, looks great guys! Thanks a lot! Some serious photoshop skills here on the HAMB! Anybody want to try the side shot? I really need to figure out how to deal with the B pillars. Thanks gain!

14. Don´t lean them forwards any more than they already are.

15. . double post.

16. [​IMG]

heres a pic to work with ^^^

I know i have been asking a lot on here, but could someone lower it 2 or 3 inches and do one with lake pipes and one with bellflower tips??

looked at buying a 54 and am maybe considering bellflowers for it...

thanks guys

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  17. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I went closer to 4 inches lower I think...
    [​IMG]

18. ^^ thanks man. looks good! Im planning on lowering it but that looks good.
    could anyone do bellflowers too?

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

My pleasure, I made one with skirts too... and I fought the urge to chop the top! LOL

20. sweet man lets see 'em!!

21. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Keep in mind I'm no pro, I just do it for fun and practice.
    Removed the door handle and the V8 badge... I'll chop it later, been sitting here enjoying a migraine all night so there was no ambition. You have a gorgeous car!

[​IMG]

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here's another version. Couldn't get the Cragars to work but you might like these wheels. I can see this truck with a 427 Ford & 4 speed hauling ass down the road.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thank you James. I think I'm starting to figure out this Photoshop stuff. :D

24. Thanks man! the photoshop looks good!
    sorry about the migrane!

25. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Oh man that's gorgeous!

Thanks so much for doing that, I suck at that aspect with a mouse, you must have a tablet or something because that looks perfect!

There's a good chance this is how I will make the Monarch look I like this so much! :D

26. Cortney

Cortney

How about wide whites, on chrome reverse wheels, shaved handles, and on the ground? Please and thank you!![​IMG]

27. Glad you like it. Be good to see it get built.:)
    I don´t have a tablet, I used Adobe Illustrator - vector graphics lets you pull the lines around until you are happy with them. You can do a similar thing with the pen tool in PS though.

28. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC