Register now to get rid of these ads!

The future of the JJ '54 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Muttley

Muttley

Its ugly and if Joe Nobody from Peoria had built it everyone would be trashing it.

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn straight!! The car is ONLY worth 40g because of who put it together, that tool JJ probably lowered the value by owning it.

It looks half built, like its unfinished but he drives it anyway. It has a lot of potential, too bad it will always be left like this because the car is 'known'.

Doc.

3. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

I would want it for the simple fact it was j j. Im sorry but hes a bad ass dude. Who cars if he cheated on some chick. who cares.

4. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I wouldn't change anything that couldn't be easily changed back. The car might not be to my tastes but the pedigree is unarguable. I can't believe it only brought 40g when I see the shit that brings 100g plus on the auctions. Used late model pickup trucks cost 40g.
    We probably haven't seen the last of that car. It will pop back up for sale or on another auction and 40g won't touch it the next time.

5. After looking at the car at B-J this weekend I think I would just drive the wheels off it,it already has enough chips in the paint from rocks and around the hood area etc. from panels hiting,so what the hell use the car what it was built for .Driving on the street.....the car does have a evil look when its rollin and screw under the hood,it runs good and thats what counts............

6. the original post asked what changes you'd make. So far there's been grille, bumpers, tail lights, wheel openings, ride height, skull in dash, clean under the hood and a motor change. All these other responses are just pure bullshit.

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like yours?

8. And yours

9. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

i would clean up the section under the lights,almost like a henry j nose. the bumper outriders make it look unfinished.

10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Okay then. If it was mine, I'd sell it and use the money to buy a 2 door '54 so I can do what I want to it.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

That sounds like a sound business like answer, but a cold bottom like answer as well. I'm thinking of other customs that were changed or upgraded and the second go round turned out a better looking car IMO. The "Beach Boys" '32 3Window is the first one that comes to mind. Nobody remembers what the first build looked like, even if it made the cover of Car Craft. :)

12. FLAHotRodder

FLAHotRodder
    from Ocala,FL

that car is in my top 5 all time favorite builds, would love to own it

13. el shad

el shad

I love the car too.

14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Lol. If I sounded too arrogant, or too blunt, then I apologize. I'm a very opinionated person, but I try not to upset anyone. You don't sound upset, which is a good thing. It's just.. That Chevy doesn't float my boat. It's too blatant for my tastes, if you know what I mean. I like subtlety, class, and taste.

I wouldn't mind seeing some things tweaked here and there on that car. It's got potential to be a show-stopper but in a good way. That car just seems like the type that half the crowd likes but the other half doesn't. But if someone owns it and loves it for what it is, then they don't need to change a thing. It's not my car to change. More power to them.

Basically, it all boils down to the quote; "to each, their own." So, no disrespect intended for anyone on here. :)

15. skyrodder

skyrodder

I'd leave it alone and drive it

16. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Leave it alone..... best 40g "investment" the buyer could have made.

17. .C.D.O.

.C.D.O.
    from APT

front end pic?

18. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

The black one was waay more hardcore than this one....and will always RULE!

I dig everything else on this car but the porportion between the front wheel opening and body line is sooo f@cking hideous...

19. screwball

screwball

The "Beach Boys" '32 3Window is the first one that comes to mind. Nobody remembers what the first build looked like, even if it made the cover of Car Craft. :)[/QUOTE]

the first go of the beach boys coupe was done by The Alexandre Bros dark blue with out the chop silver scallops. I remember it had Larry and Mike sign my copy of Car Craft. George Barris was there at the time and signed some other stuff of mine but I told him please dont sign that one because it was the build before he had touched it. Barris signed my Little Deuce Coupe album.

20. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

I like it, but for that kinda money I'd be affraid to drive it. Thats expensive garage art. I like Jeese James other 54'... not because its celebrity owned but because it just looks tough.

21. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

and that one was built by a tattoo artist named BabyRay NOT jj

22. Desoto, here's the absolutely spot-on answer;

"why is that car so special, did someone ask that........duh...how about this one, that car has never been built before by that group, and it will NEVER happen again......NEVER........and definitely not for 40k.........can`t believe someone asked that......... "

23. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

That front wheelwell treatment looks bad...

24. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

The gold one is nice but id much rather drive the black one!!!!
    JesseJames_1954Chevrolet_RatRod.jpg

25. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

wheels would be the first to go. hate painted steel wheels on a custom. it needs a set of hubcaps if you want a 50's vibe or some other chrome wheel for a 60's feel.

redo the chrome/ stainless, add a front bumper (maybe a different grill). leave the body alone. Oh and untint the windows. tint does not belong on a early custom.