Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just Ran Off Another Scrapper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rex1927, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

First shot-at the scrapper
    Second shot-Warning shot in the air.

Do you think you can tell which shot was which?

2. everyone understands that sound, i work nights and sometimes the wife gets worried. everytime she does i always ask if she has the shot gun out

3. WRM

WRM
    from Ohio

If you're going to fire a warning shot fire at the ground. I had a .40 round
    someone fired in the air land in the windshield of a car I was working on.

4. Are these scrappers the same guys who are posting on the HAMB that "there's a stash of cool iron just sittin' near here that the son of the late owner says he's gonna fix up some day"? :)

5. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

guys i understand a head shot is obviously not a warning, thats just what i heard when the story was on the radio.

it was 1 in the mourning and the guy just shot to scare the guy ( not intending to hit he said) and it hit the thief in the head.

6. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

That just sucks. I feel the same way. I'll live in my dads truck before I'll sell it. I sold a rottweiler/pitbull (rotten-pit) mix named Hank to a longhaul trucker. Left the dog in the cab when at a stop. No problems.

Go to the pound. Get the biggest ugliest dog you can find! The one no one wants...

7. big creep

big creep

next time dont miss, and tell the cops when they get there that they threaten to kill you and your family!

8. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Say it simple , 1 of 2 ways: [​IMG] or you can put it this way :[​IMG]

9. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

most scrappers are butt warts but some are very legit and trustworthy im a carpenter and have used a couple that were just a phone call away and would come at a moments notice to haul off the heaviest ,bulkiest junk and saved my back from having to jack with it. one a coworker and i were talking with showed up to pick up a huge stainless steel frier from an old eatery i was remodeling and he already had a pickup full. this was when scrap was at its highest price and my coworker said to him- how much will you get for that truck load, about $50.00? the scrapper turned to him and said- try $150.00!! and i usually get 3 of those a DAY!!! do the math on that!

10. 5window

5window

Native Alaskan are you?

11. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

I would call it a good shot. That guy could of been going to rape your wife for all you know. The go cart could of just been the getaway vehicle. People learn quick when this kind of pervert gets taken down.

12. I hate thieves & they should be dealt w/swiftly........joe

Attached Files:

• gun.jpg
      gun.jpg
      File size:
      32.2 KB
      Views:
  13. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yeah, good point about these warning rounds fired into the air - it makes just as much noise firing into the ground.

Anybody remember on New Year's eve a few years back, when a young woman was killed in New Orleans by a bullet falling out of the sky? Same thing happened here in Montgomery about three or four years ago on New Year's, early in the evening. A six year old boy was killed by a round that fell on the top of his head. The people around him saw him get hit, but the bullet was fired from too far away to hear where it came from.

What goes up ....... can be just as deadly on the way down.

And yeah, the thievin' pisses me off too.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

14. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Umm,earning money legally isn`t considered a job? and since when can`t a scrapper be american??

15. Rocket Sled

Rocket Sled
    from Hanover PA

I scrap stuff myself but i don't go looking for it. Although because of this i tend to have metal in my yard from time to time until i get enough to make a run.

Well one day in the middle of the afternoon a guy pulls in my driveway in a nice new truck and proceeds to take stuff right off my trailer parked in the yard. At the time i had a German Shepherd/wolf mix. when the dog started acting up my wife went to the back door and saw the man so she waited for him to get a hand full of scrap then let the dog loose on him.

She said he had to of shit his pants as he scrambled into the truck. in the meantime my dog was jumping and tearing at the door of his new truck. she could hear his nails scratching down the door from the house a good 75 feet away.

Needless to say we never saw him again. :D

16. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

You guys are confusing scrappers with thieves,they are two different kinds of people.

I pick up scrap metal for extra money,I guess in all of your eyes I must be a thief?? I only take what is legal to take. I have a friend that has been doing it his entire life and he`s over 60 now,he has a house,wife,2 kids,etc. He`s white,so am I. It`s paid for all of his toys and then some,all LEGAL income. Hell,I made $300+ in the past week doing it in my spare time.

Like every single kind of person,race,minority,etc,etc.,there are the the honest people and the not so honest people. So please do not forgot about the honest people out there.

I was down for a week with a bad tooth infection and had a washing machine sitting next to the garage by the garbage cans waiting for me to get better,I had 3 other scrappers stop and ask about it in that time frame,they did the right thing and knocked on the door/asked politely.

I had one more,a straight-up crackhead couple pull up,and walk right up to it,all the way up my 100-ft driveway. I watched them,they walked right up to the washer and looked around to see if anyone saw them. Then they tried to go look around my yard and I came outside to confront them. They said they were going to help me by taking the scrap metal that was there,without asking first. I told them to get the F outta here before I call the cops.

17. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

I had about 30 cars in my back lot once . I alwayse had trouble MY solution I got a 1/2 german shepard 1/2 wolf dog (he was a bad ass dog) my x couldnt feed him. The real COOL part was a little copper link in the chain. I came home one time and there was a car in the drive . And a guy crying in my 57 chevy he was scard silly. Ole wolfie had him treed.I was pissed But later it sure was funny.

18. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Never, and i mean never fire a warning shot. Especially into the air. Where do you suppose that round you just fired into the air is going to land? Through your neighbors roof? Some poor sap driving down the street on his way home from work? Fire one into the ground? You've just committed assault with a deadly weapon. Guess who goes to jail?

Show 'em your gun? Rack one into the chamber on that Remington 870? It's called brandishing. Again, guess who goes to jail?

The sad fact is most states are not like Texas where you can actually defend your property.

If you ever actually use a gun just make damn sure it's justified. Read up on the laws in your state.

19. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

I had a guy in a pretty new rollback pulled up in front of my farm, come strolling by the house. I asked him what he was doing, writing up a ticket for how much he was gonna charge me to haul off my junk. Oh ya? you gonna see how I'm paying ya...... well these old worn out knees sure do slow me down, but when he saw me coming out of the shop with a shot gun a few "extra rounds" that sucker ran like the wind, that rollback was redlining and squawking tires in third gear. Haven't seen another one since! Yes signs posted Farm Bureau signs, but these clowns can't read do but they talk to each other. One thing to always say to everyone after you shot one "I was scared for my life and the of my family" that's the story I'm sticking too! tt

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

mythbusters debunked the deadlyness of a bullet fired straight up..on its return it comes back at terminal velocity and doesnt have enough power to kill. And that makes perfect sense..due to the fact nothing is pushing the bullet back to the earth but its own weight and gravity

now if fired on a trajectory..thats different...ha ha ha like straight at their head!

but..its a better idea if you know how to have some gun control and hit your fucking target and not the dam clouds..
    the rack of a shot gun or any gun is goin to get their attention..if it doenst..to fucking bad the next sound they get to hear is silence!

Here is a good one for the scrappers...have an anvil set up in your yard..if they go for it..launch it check it out..bet that would get their attention..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQ4dE_RGnQ

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  21. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'm a scrapper and I am always polite, forward, and respectful, I never destroy good anything, I never scrap antiques or old cars/trucks, I take the econo-boxes to the self serve wrecker so people can use them, I take actual scrap by grade and type to appropriate places, and the old cars come live with me till I find them a new home with another enthusiast.

Money is great, but I have never ever stolen anything, taken more then I was supposed to or rooted around on anyone's property without their permission, that BS pisses me off to no end.

And I too have had the bad scrappers and thieves in my yard, I have had parts stolen, bikes and tools and equipment has gone missing, when aluminum was really high a few years ago all my ladders and my Toro lawn mower were stolen along with some of my alloy wheels. I now have many cameras all over my place to catch the ones the cameras presence doesn't repel, they work well enough my neighbours on either side of me asked me to point them into their yards as well!

I just wish I could catch someone in the act and block their vehicle in my yard, normally I only hear from someone else when there was someone in my yard when I was out, or I hear a noise at night and get to see them leave...:mad:

23. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

I have the signs and a dog. Go to work they take out a window dog bites I get sued. God I love That dog. I want to go on well fair and scrap:(

24. brad chevy

brad chevy

stude trucks,you said he killed someone over something trivial. Well if that had been his kid the guy was dragging through the gate,would that be trivial enough for you.That is the attitude that sets so many of these damn criminals back out on the street. My trivial shit is protected ,all my stuff.A damn thief is a thief, got just what he knew in his mind could happen when he did the crime. Harsh but fact of life.

25. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

trust me, they all speak 12 gauge.

26. Lild

Lild

Last summer I had some scrap laying about a foot from my garage door and some bastard stole it. Taking the stuff didnt bother me, but the fact that whoever it was walked 40 feet of our property to get it without anyone saying they could did.
    Nobody should have to post signs, people should have respect and common sence.

27. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

God Bless South Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Word!

29. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Wrong answer!
    Correct answer: "Officer, I was in fear for my and my family's lives"

30. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Lild, there is no "respect" anymore. People today feel whatever is out there no matter where it is, can be taken with impunity! Hell someone stole produce from my community garden plot last summer. I have a Rossi stagecoach double, 18 1/8" barrels, double O buck, with a bandolier full of spare shells. Generally the sight of that hanging off my shoulder dissuades visitors. But for those in New England, you need to be careful, guy here in NH doing time now for "waving a firearm" at a wman who ignored all his no trespassing signs and wouldn't leave his property when he demanded she do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.