Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick 215

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chataf, Sep 5, 2010.

1. The Rover V8 Engine
    by David Hardcastle

Tuning Rover V8 Engines
    by David Hardcastle

How to Powertune Rover V8 Engines
    by Des Hammill

all geared toward the UK engine, but good info just the same.

2. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i was going to put a 3.9 with 2 2gc carbs on an offy 2x2 intake in my 31 essex with a t5 trans. sold the car instead. engine is sitting in my garage collecting dust.

3. 215's are great motors! just be careful some rover 3.5-4.2 parts do not interchange.. i forget what they are but there are some... the other cool thing about that motor is you can polish it head to toe.. shiny is nice :D

4. umm wouldn't that be minus the short block?

5. Kenne Belle usta sell 215 hotrod parts. I believe they're still in business but concentrating on other stuff. They may still have some 215 stuff.

6. greaserzombie

greaserzombie

My dad has an old PHR, or CC or something, with a big article on the engine. They were mixing and matching olds and buick parts, and 300 and 340 parts, crazy cool stuff. The had a way to get it over 300cuin with mostly all stock parts, and selections of intakes and cams etc. Cool engine, and yes, they guy was holding the engine himself. If I find it, I'll let you know.

7. jonnyonedrip

jonnyonedrip
    from canada

Try searching in the british car scene there is a guy in Ontaro here thats sells lots of the rover stuff to convert MGBs into MGBGTV8s his name is Martin Harvey I think he is north of Toronto there should be lots of google links for him. i also have a rover 3500 waiting for a VW ratrod project, mine came with a borge and warner 3 speed auto with twin su carbs i have a buick two barrel intake for it plus a 500 cfm holly i'm not sure which one i will use yet might just run it as is. good luck happy hunting

8. Johnny Switchblade

Johnny Switchblade
    from Upstate NY

Friend of mine in Florida put one on his airboat. Once he got the prop pitch right that thing would move.

9. dubcee

dubcee

Baddest motor I have ever run!

10. 2Loose

2Loose

Good Thread, I have one out of a '63 Buick (Skylark???) that needs a rebuild, and I want to put it in my '70 Jeep CJ5, have a bell housing too, so just need to find the rebuild parts.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

11. JeffroTech

JeffroTech

Yeah, good thread... but hasn't been posted on since 2010!

The block is so light (or heavy) that I have a picture somewhere of me using an empty/bare block to curl with. I think I got a decent amount of reps in, too!

I have a modern 4.6 engine that is destined for my next daily driver... most likely a 1960-63 BOP!

2004 was the last year Land Rover used them, btw... a beefy, cross-bolted Y-block that is worth building.

12. 2Loose

2Loose

I have a (oem) buick 225 v6 motor in my CJ5 now, it is worn out after almost 200,000 miles (I bought the Jeep new in 1970), and I have a buick 231 v6 I could rebuild and put in, but the thought of that 215 v8, ported just a bit and built up a bit for more torque, in that light weight CJ, should be a good combo, just gotta finish up my other projects first!!!

And there's always the turbo option down the road if I need to....

13. JeffroTech

JeffroTech

Yeah, and you'll save about 35lbs, too. Terrific upgrade for your Jeep!

14. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

I think the weight difference is more than 35 pounds.