Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just Ran Off Another Scrapper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rex1927, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My father died in december.
    Since then 3 scrappers have come by wanting me to give them my fathers projects.
    I just booted another one out.
    Apparently he had come by when I was gone and walked the yard.He knew exactly what was back there.
    :mad:About 1 more and I will have a heart attack and be dead myself.They make my blood boil.:mad:
    *There are some things people will not do for money.Selling my fathers projects and parts are one of mine.*
    I plan on driving them.

Attached Files:

2. FLAHotRodder

FLAHotRodder
    from Ocala,FL

scrappers have big balls, I'm friends with a few..they aren't scared to break into anywhere to find scrap and some of the cars/trucks they scrap blow my mind people on here would give a nut for..I've scrapped a few things in the past but never older car parts or cars..I'd feel too bad about it

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

A quick gun shot into air or ground & I bet they won't come back......

4. Moon4975

Moon4975
    from Texas

Yeah, some of those guys will spot in the daytime and come back and steal it at night or when you are gone.

5. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Yep. They think they have found a get rich quick scheme. A guy near me sold out his whole yard to a scraper. Not car stuff. But running equipment right though the shredder. Makes you wonder.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Maybe a few no trespassing signs are in order..or the loud slam of a remmington 1100:eek:, shortly after that ask them what part of NO didnt they understand?

Than i would ask them to stay, ...until the local cops showed up

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

time for some new friends there fla hot rodder

8. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

I'm sick of scrappers. They come around all the time in my neighborhood scrounging for free stuff. I usually just tell them to get lost. The problem around here is most of them don't speak English so it is harder to tell them to frig off. I wish they would just get a job like a normal person instead of trying to steal and mooch stuff from people who do work.:mad:

9. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

You need to secure your stuff now or risk them coming back to get it!

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

the universal sign language gesture ..they understand that very well

give them the singlefinger salute

11. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

this sounds cool , but some guy last week in kansas city shot a warning shot at a thief stealing his sons go cart and killed him. hes being charged for 1st degree murder now

12. btbowtie

btbowtie
    from KY

They only see dollar signs. They don't care anything about the hobby.

13. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Can't blame a guy for asking but the fact he had been on your property prior without permission would have been enough to open a can of whupass on him. I don't go for that stuff at all. And you don't need no trespassing signs, it's illegal anyway.

14. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Most states require you to post "No Trespassing" signs is you want to keep people out of your yard. Post the signs and when the next scrapper comes into your yard, call the cops. Talk to you local beat cop and tell him about the "trespassers" so they are aware of the problem. Also talk to the cop about what are your rights in this situation.

Then get a big MEAN dog and let him chase the next scrapper out of the yard.

15. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I had one come around last year, Apparently he couldn't read the no trespassing signs and he wouldn't take no for an answer till I showed him my .45, Haven't seen him since.

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

that dude needs a good mouth piece than..because that theif wouldnt be dead if he wasnt where he didnt belong..thats how i see it..

being charged is one thing..maybe he wont get convicted..sometimes there is justice..it just takes a while

i think i would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6..he has a chance that the jury wont convict him..hard to tell with out knowing all the facts i guess

17. We have a sign that says No Trespassing Survivors Will Be Shot and it doesn't hurt that we have 4 Arctic Wolves that range in size from 165lbs to 125lbs.

Keeps every body nervous and way to scared shit less to exit there vehicle.

18. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

I work swing shift so I am home during the morning and early afternoon hours and I see these thieving bastards out cruising my neighborhood all the time while most of my neighbors are working. It makes me wonder how much crap they get away with stealing because no one is home.

19. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scrappers are the reason my facility is 100% inside. Nothing, and I mean nothing is ever outside. If it were, it would be gone as soon as I closed the door.

20. brad chevy

brad chevy

Thats one thing that has changed in Fla. I can just shoot your ass now because I am protecting myself and property.Used to be I had to drag your thieving ass in the house to make it look like a break and enter.Now just shoot your ass and leave you laying in the yard til the cops and coroner com to pick you up.No tresspassing means just that.Saw a sign in a guys yard the other day.It read " My german shepard can make to the gate in 3 seconds Can You?

21. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Time to corral all your treasures into one area and fence them in.

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I like this..you think they would understand this?

Attached Files:

23. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Language problem is hard, so get a helper; the larger the dog, the better their translation skills. These guys are agressive...talking won't help with some of them unless you are there and awake 24-7.

24. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't imagine a jury will convict this guy, unless it's a jury of thieves and scrappers. 1 AM, it's dark out. How could I tell where the damn thief's head was? Here's some of the story with names omitted...

Officers found XXXXX, 43, dead in an alley in the 6200 block of E. 11th Street about 1 a.m. Saturday.
    His body was found near an open gate to a chain-link fence. A go-cart had been pushed halfway out of the fence and XXXXX’s footprints were found both behind and in front of the go-cart, according to court records.
    The resident of the home, YYYYY, said he was awakened early Saturday by his dog barking. He looked outside and saw a man in his back yard. YYYYY had been burglarized several times in the last year and “was sick of it,” according to court records. YYYYY fired a rifle twice from his window, and one round hit XXXXX in the head, court records said.

25. I live in the cities, i have a bunch o' tin piled up in the backyard (outta sight of prying eyes) last spring i was remodeling my bathroom, had a bunch of old metal stacked up by the garage,knowing the scrappers run up n down the alley all day long. came home from work one day, & the gate was open, thought i left it open, but my neighbor said she chased off a couple of guys in the back yard (lucky she had the day off) they didn't get nothing, anyway deals off scrappers!!

26. llonning

llonning

The ones around here know better. I had to move my shop to my barn. Now I am here 24/7. Everybody around here also knows that I have a .44 or a 12 gauge at very close quarters. I haven't had a problem in decades, mostly because of my reputation.

Shoot first, ask questions in the morning.

27. robertbandit

robertbandit

my sign says i don't play well with others. no tresspassing.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

28. gsp392

gsp392

Chase thier ass off with a gun, demand they leave their vehicle, build a fence around it. Done! In Texas they can't come back and touch it.

29. Even when they dont speak English, everyone the whole world over understands, "fuck off!".

30. Actually I was thinking more along the lines of a good butt shootin'. Shoot one in the butt and nobody will forget.

Sorry I'm not real pleasent with folks that come snooping.

That said a junky did buy an old engine block off me the other day. he asked about it as it was in my drive. It was a junk block so I told him he could have it. He gave me 5 bucks for it although I'm not sure why as I told him he could have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.