Register now to get rid of these ads!

Save them!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xoticcustoms, Jan 26, 2011.

1. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

Not as of now. It was his grandparents and so he said he wouldn't sell that or a 32 ford sedan that's right beside it. Got a feeling that he's just going see scrap dollar signs someday and scrap them without telling anyone and destroy 2 absolute treasures.

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Well, if he scraps a '32 he definitely is beyond just being an idiot, not to mention that A as well.

3. silversink

silversink

offer him 4000.00 for the bunch--that's about a grand more than hell get for scrap

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

If you offered him 9G's and he walked away, it is not going to be scraped. And from the looks of some of the cars in the shots, he is just feeling the waters for what someone will pay.........but, then again.....thru a family feud a "gold mine" was scrapped north of Kansas City a couple of years back with odd ball SUPER RARE stuff in it.

Chris

5. ironpile

ironpile

I would love to help, but all my extra cash goes into my current project. This kind of person seems to be everywhere. I especially like the COE,they intrigue me.

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

Who knows,.. he might not have titles for them, and figures you cant sell them without one. Little does he know,.. ya' can't scrap them either.

As Far as dealing with the scrap yards,... Most of them have a contract or policy, They cannot under any circumstance sell anything out of the yard , I seen some early Ford parts in the scrap yard a couple years ago, including a home made boat trailer,.. Made out of a 1932 Ford frame,.. the front axle (32' Heavy, stock wishbone & "K" Member) was the suspension the rear frame horns pinched together and welded with a hitch assembly.

I went into the office and offered the people twice scrap price for it,... they told me "NO!",.. so I kept upping the anti,.. Still no go,.. Finally I was up to around $300.00
    (everything I had on me),.. They told me in no uncertain terms,... I could offer them 3 grand, And it wouldn't be for sale,..Period !

Talk to the scrap yard now !

Here,... this ought to make ya' feel better !:D

[​IMG]

7. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

I'm just gonna pretend that's a staged photo for my own sanity :)
    This guy said he has titles for everything. The only hope is that it's a really small town scrap yard so hopefully that rule doesn't apply.

8. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

PM ME . I'LL GO IN WITH YA .
    i like old sheeeet.

9. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

You need to get them before they hit the scrappers gate.
    Right next door will work.
    If the hauler is contracted to the scrapper you may not get them.
    If he is a independent then it's his time/equipment cost + scrap value and a bonus.
    Be prepared to pay the hauler fair money to drop any cars somewhere else.
    Last thought...whats your plan B?

10. starliner62

starliner62

Luckily, we have one metal scrap yard near here that will sell cars for scrap prices. The last thing I bought from him was a 50 Ford 2 door. She was rusty but had a pile of good parts on it. Thae price was $200.00 a few years ago. I think he just went to $300.00

11. AMC360

AMC360
    from Canada

There is also a good chance with that many cars, the owner would not be hauling them in. The scrap yard will send a truck and trailer with a loader and posibly squish the roofs and stack them 2 or 3 high, right on the guys property!

12. xoticcustoms

xoticcustoms

no real plan b.

13. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That's usually how big loads go off the owners property. They get a dozen or more cars on a flatbed.

I don't understand why a scrapper "can't sell anything (cars, frames, etc.) once it's through their gate"? Some sort of law?

I'm agreeing with everyone that states he's not really going to scrap the cars. He's just saying that to keep folks from inquiring about the cars. I think he's more FOS than stupid.

14. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

If I had a bunch of loud mouth knobs calling me an a hole I scrap the frickin things because they are obviously more important to them than me.
    There are very few people in this world if approached with some common courtesy and politeness will not deal one way or another.