Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowriders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Sorry this pic wasnt up to your guys standards.The car is on the road and not on a trailer so it must not be to much of a heap of shit!

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

awww, now you hurt his feelings... :eek:

I have to agree with the POS part. Really need to fix that crap. Just bagging a rusty old car without fixing anything is crap. And it sure as hell doesn't make it fit this thread or the HAMB.

3. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i have too agree with zman on this, that car is not lowrider worthy compared to the beautiful and well done cars and trucks that have graced the pages on this thread, needs to be finished before being posted here, the car does have tons of potential.

4. tcb-1

tcb-1

goddamn, I love this thread!!!

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

It`s not to often you see Lowriders back in the day cutting there inner fender wells and altering there frames to get a car in the weeds. This look is not popular in this thread. A different look for a different generation of people.

6. No my feelings are not hurt zman.Most of us younger guys dont have good classic tin to choose from.We drive work in progress cars and this angers the older crowd for some wierd reason.But lets get off this topic and start checking out the lows.

7. lgh1157

lgh1157

Love it or hate it, thats a hell of alot of work and you gotta respect it.

i've seen that car in person i think [ at paso 07'ish ? ] and i thought it was pretty rad.

I would not call that car a "heap of shit"

Now back to the pics .....................

8. Looking forward to sunshine and warmer days.

Attached Files:

9. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

^^^ L O V E this thing man!!! Killer!

10. 133

hey Mike, if you don't mind me asking are you still working on LOW LUX? i don't really go on SSM anymore and not in the loop in the mini truckin world.

11. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Yeah we're still going with it, little by little ;) What you up to now-a-days?

12. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

13. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

14. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

15. tommy v

tommy v

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  16. The Gambler

The Gambler

SCREW YOU! wheres your pic of your car? THAT CAR IS BAD ASS!

17. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to add my 2 cents in. That 59 Buick IS GOOD Classic Tin! It doesn't look like a rust bucket, the body looks straight and I think along with the 59 Impala, the 59 Buick is one of the best looking cars GM built in the late 50's. I'm assuming people are calling it a heap because it's a rolling project in a thread full of beautifully done traditional lowriders. And to be honest, just because it's bagged, channeled and scrapes frame doesn't mean it's a lowrider which to me it isn't. I think that's what rubbed people the wrong way including myself on this thread. But props on driving your car and having fun with it while you restore it. It looks like a great start & hope to see it finished one day. Here's some inspiration ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  18. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. That 59 buick is nice! I never thought I would like low riders but you guys have turned me!

20. pinupwithgun

pinupwithgun

heres one no bags!

Attached Files:

21. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

Don't know if these vids have been posted but here you go

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5G7jwIkyfKs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

the first 2 minutes is full of cars

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BeuwyOiE4Hw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

22. for those of you that didn't know, mr gypsy rose JESSIE VALDEZ passed on this weekend! sad day in the low rider world RIP!

23. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

Sad to hear. The Gypsy Rose is definitely a pioneer in lowriding history. RIP Jessie Valdez.

24. Also it was the 1st lowrider on national T.V. in Chico and the Man

25. I have known Jessie since the early 70's.. Very sad news.

26. fat141

fat141

Pictures of my cars ...... search for "4 to 2 door conversion on a 52 chevy with pics":) Let me know what you think :D
    The other POS might look good someday, but today, I dont think that it does IMO
    Cheers
    Rod

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  27. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Kiss my ass. I think your opinion is overrated.
    It's a known fact that the '64 Impala "is" the quintessential low-rider.

Attached Files:

28. Justin-Az

Justin-Az
    from Phoenix

I think the car isnt the lowrider but rather the person that drives the car is the lowrider. I meen anyone can own a custom car but a lowrider goes to the picnics,the car washes, the shows, the hops etc.

29. I have to agree.. '64 is the low rider of low riders.. I had a '62 in the 70's. Nice ride, If I do say so myself.. The 64's always seemed to get more attention and sold for better money.

30. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Jeeezman, corvette summer's a fkn classic.
    Never seen walkin proud, but got me intretsted, i'll see it soon.

The juiced Vega is soo bad ass! Wish we could see more ov it.

-RIP Jesse Valadez-