Register now to get rid of these ads!

In Memory: My Dad, Lifelong Rodder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jjrockbush, Jan 25, 2011.

1. jjrockbush

jjrockbush

My Father passed away on December 18, after a long fight with diabetes. He had a lifelong passion for classics and rods. I have a membership card from his High School days when he was a member of a local club called the Rodbenders in Lakeland Florida. Later, he and I owned several classics, a 1953 Ford panel, '67 Mustang fastback, and two "69 Mach I's, one was a 428 CJ.

He bought this '48 Chevy 12-15 years ago, and now it is mine.

[​IMG]

On December 21 we took him on his final Rod Run. He got to ride in a 1935 Buick hearse. Several of his buddies were proud to ride along with him.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GPJ 1942-2010

2. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

Sorry man. They are hard to loose. take good care of his car.

3. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Sorry. I can't imagine losing my dad yet. I like that you guy's gave him one last run in that Buick. I think you guy's did him proud.

4. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Sad to hear it .TAKE GOOD CARE OF HIS CAR.
    GOOD LUCK.

5. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what you are going through. Take care of that beautiful chevy.

6. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Sorry about you and your family loss. Enjoy your memories of your father..He sure had some cool cars and friends.

7. Sorry to hear you lost your Dad. I lost mine as well to Diabetes. The memories of my Rebel Hot Rodder Dad makes me smile.

Diabetes is giving me fits too. That's why I'm selling my hot rod. I'm type 2 on Insulin and it has destroyed nerves in my feet, legs and now hands. That makes it hard to enjoy life.

Every HAMB'er needs to keep watch on their glucose level because this stuff will creep up and destroy your life if you wait too long.

8. RAY With

RAY With

As a rodder you gave him the best ever fairwell and now its time for the rest of the family to heal. Its very hard to lose you family but in time things get better and you learn to cope with it.Our prayers are with you for sure.

9. Sorry for your loss.

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

RIP...God Bless your Pops, and your family!

11. Sorry for your loss...
    It was a great thing you did, just being there for him.

I have diabetes and am able to control it with my diet. If you don't get a annual physical, you may never know until it's too late. Get a check-up...

12. fieldofcars

fieldofcars

So sorry for your loss.

13. jjrockbush

jjrockbush

The Funeral Home just had the Buick restored. When I saw it, I knew, "my Dad will get a thrill from that Bad Boy!"

Thanks all for the support.

14. jamn47

jamn47

You are in my prayers.

15. outlaw256

outlaw256

i am sorry for your loss. i lost my dad back in 88.he was never a car guy but he sure was proud of me and what i built. you did your dad good giving him his last ride in a classic.now every time i get a different car or finish one i wish my dad could see it and what his son has done this time.it seems everything i do in life i wish he could see it.he didnt have ant cars that wasnt ot, but i got his guns and a brand new pair of house shoes. i still wear those things till this day.ive just about wore them out and i dont really like house shoes.our prayers are with you. ken