Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Khoury Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanCollins, Jan 24, 2011.

1. DanCollins

DanCollins

I haven't been on here much lately, ever since I opened my shop I've been knee deep in trying make progress on my customers cars so I can pay the bills. Instead of building a car a year in my garage, I'm now working on 3 cars at a time, and theyre taking alot longer to finish. I started building a '34 coupe for my friend and customer Ryan Khoury almost two and a half years ago. It's had it's ups and downs, but I'll finally be debuting it at the GNRS this weekend. I'm really happy with the car, and it'll be awesome to finally hand the owner the keys after it's all said and done. The motor is a warmed up 348 Chevy with a NOS Winfield cam, roller rockers, and some polish and porting done, running 3 stromberg 97's. T5 trans, and a '59 Edsel 9" rear end. We got the body from the Kennedy Bros, and boy was it rough, it started as 2 different bodies with doors from 3 other cars, and plenty of cancer and damage. The car is still up in the air while I detail the chassis, but I should be getting it on the ground tomorrow, so I'll try to post a sneek peek for you guys. Heres a few pics from the build...

Attached Files:

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Great looking coupe Dan. I love that color mixed with the black engine and polished engine accessories. Nice work!

3. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Very Damn NICE indeed!

Nick.

4. Weasel

Weasel

Can't wait to see this in the flesh - looking great in the build pix and the color is killer!

5. I remember seeing that at your open house after the Ventura Nats.....SWEET CAR!!!! Are you doing any work on the chopped Merc,in the back?

6. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

X2..........super nice car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. shoestring

shoestring

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Bad Ass DUDE!! Can't wait to see it!

9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Ooooo...I dig that....alot.
    Sweet color.

10. DanCollins

DanCollins

thanks guys....

11. boutlaw

boutlaw

holy crap, beautiful 34, i don't know if I'll ever get there, i can't imagine working on 3 at a time.

12. Looks great Dan. I'll be sure to give it a good smoking over this weekend...

13. cant wait to see it sat

14. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's awesome! Nice work guys!

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looks like it turned out very nice, Dan! I recall seeing a few photos pop up on Facebook, also. Looking forward to seeing this car in a few days! (and possibly meeting you?)

Malcolm

16. DanCollins

DanCollins

Hey Bob, that chopped Merc at the shop is the old Rudy Rodriguez merc. I think it will be up for sale soon, I have no time to work on it...Malcolm, I'll be at the show all 3 days, but I wont have a booth, just looking forward to hangin out and seeing all the cars and builders. If ya see me, come and say hi

17. DanCollins

DanCollins

ok, it's on the ground...shitty cell phone pic, hopefully somone will have a real camera at the show...fcuk I'm tired...cant even spell fuck right....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    EVL401 likes this.
  18. DanCollins

DanCollins

just comin up for air for the first time since the GNRS....heres a shot my friend Brian took, I forgot my camera...anyone else get any decent shots of it at the show?

Attached Files:

19. hasty

hasty

Congratulations! Great car

20. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Nice, looks like your are as bad as me when it comes to taking pics of your own work. Good work does all the talking for you.

21. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

nice piece man looks real slick.

22. milo1303s

milo1303s

more pics !!!!

PLEASE !